Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:35 (Ref:2626466)   #26
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I correct in understanding that the no's 17 & 18 Pescarolo and Sora are basically the same team (Henri Pescarolo's), but they have different names because they are the names that they were racing under when they won there automatic enteries?
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2626483)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppelemine View Post
No Creation either.
Hardly surprised at that ..... on merit alone , and they never really acomplished anything with respect to Le Mans , now did they ?

But miffed at WR getting in though .
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2626484)   #28
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
97 Porsche is the favorite for Porsche in GT2, hopefully the entry is filled out by factory drivers or professionals. On "BMW Motorsport" I expect it will be a cooperative effort with RLR. Corvette has a very significant opportunity to walk away with GT1 and GT2 honors, which would be pretty cool. I'm excited to see the Dome return, and Highcroft will have Duncan fill out the driver talent? With Marino listed as the second driver that means Simon will be running a Pug again this year I imagine. I'm excited for the 24 already and it is only February!

Chris
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2626490)   #29
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Again one of the BEST entrylists so far
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:55 (Ref:2626494)   #30
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
WR is simply a must be at Le Mans.
Im personally happy that they have gotten an invite, and no matter how they do i will cheer for them!.

But they i think that they have gotten the entry because of the small LMP2 grid.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2626495)   #31
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppelemine View Post
Am I correct in understanding that the no's 17 & 18 Pescarolo and Sora are basically the same team (Henri Pescarolo's), but they have different names because they are the names that they were racing under when they won there automatic enteries?
Thats how I would read it , as thats the team names that won the entries .

Now , lets wait and see if they seperate the 2 team names by several pits ..... knowing ACO logic , !!!
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2626497)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hardly surprised at that ..... on merit alone , and they never really acomplished anything with respect to Le Mans , now did they ?

WR are part of Le Mans, they might not have been that successful but they supported the race in the lean times and were always fast and fun to watch even if they sometimes expired.

Sorry about the Massa and Nissan ommisions but only just over 4 months to go and starting to get excited already
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2626499)   #33
Carse
Racer

Carse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They are French after all...
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2626502)   #34
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
WR are part of Le Mans, they might not have been that successful but they supported the race in the lean times and were always fast and fun to watch even if they sometimes expired.

Sorry about the Massa and Nissan ommisions but only just over 4 months to go and starting to get excited already

I think it's great to see WR back in! Do I remember seeing them finishing the race after driving the last lap and a bit on 3 wheels back in '01-'02 ish??
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2626504)   #35
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
I don't believe they put in an entry...wishing to focus on ALMS.
Great shame, I shall miss Creation. Let's hope everything comes together to enable a competitive ALMS campaign this year!
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:09 (Ref:2626507)   #36
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Regarding Creation, even if their 2010 plans were more concrete than they are I'd have hesitated to give them an entry. As an established team the absence of any real activity in 2009 would bump them down the list. Previous performance at LM itself isn't so significant for me - showing a solid commitment to ACO racing, which prior to 2009 they emphatically did, work for me.

WR? Why not - they got bumped off the list a few year's back, didn't let their heads go down, have built a car that seems, in the right hands (e.g. Gommendy) to have potential, and have turned and raced consistently. I'm pleased to see them there.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:12 (Ref:2626509)   #37
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sportscar outsider entering...

P1 - The Mansells are a boost to the field, regardless of capability. Nice to see Dome returning

P2 - Does look a bit thin on the ground but 2 Acuras present is good - could be another of those Binnie years. If anything, no Porsches in that category is a good thing because it'll be more unpredictable. Good to see WR back as well

GT1 - Stronger (just) and more competitive than last year. A shame there's no Maserati or Nissan, but you can't really argue with 5 manufacturers (4 plus the JLOC Lambo, anyway) in what is considered a dying category. Matech running 2 women is a point of interest too - ever happened before?

GT2 - Again, more variety than last year with the addition of the Corvette, BMW and Jag, on top of the usual quality - better than just loads of Porsches and Ferraris with the odd Spyker. Some strong drivers in there too

Overall - First impressions are very positive. A stronger field than last year with more variety. There will always be disappointments, but I think the additions this year, your variable entrants on top of the usual suspects, is strong enough to gloss over them
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2626517)   #38
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still not a fan of these GT1 frankencars, but what can you do.

I'm happy to see the BMWs in there, but they are going to have a hard time on the long straights with their wide, blunt front ends. Can't wait for June!
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2626528)   #39
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carse View Post
They are French after all...
I think their a great little team , and part of the circus , but their presant car has yet to finish a race !!!
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:32 (Ref:2626532)   #40
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts:

LMP1:
1. Autocon should not be in.
2. With the further restrictions, I imagine the Kolles cars will be toward the bottom of this group. Crazy how much changes in 3 years.
3. Great to see Dome back in! Hopefully some development has been done on the car.
Winner: Peugeot

LMP2:
1. This class is not the same without the Porsche Spyder.
2. I am very interested to see the Hondas on the straights of the Mulsanne.
3. Great balance between Judd, Honda and Zytek.
Winner: RML

GT1:
1. This is the new LMP2 class, who is going to be running at the end?
2. Nice to see a Saleen back. God I thought that car had potential 5 years ago.
3. I am a little uptight about this JLOC lambo. I know they qualified in the AsLMS, but it is scary to see that car again.
Winner: Luc Alphand

GT2:
1. Great class! BMW versus Ferarri versus Corvette versus Porsche.
2. 5 Ferarris versus 4 Porsches (and a Porsche first on the reserve list), it will be nice to not hear so much complaining about the balance of numbers.
3. Jaguar did not deserve an entry.
Winner: Corvette

First retirement: Jaguar (who will give up their entry).
First real retirement: Marc VDS Ford GT
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:34 (Ref:2626535)   #41
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
That one comes as a surprise to me as well- I wonder if it's anything to do with the reshuffle of Nissan's FIA GT1 plans when the Gigawave team pulled out and Sumo Power replaced them? that was only two or three weeks ago, so unless the Swiss team (announced back in November I think?) had posted entries, were there any Nissan GT1 entries for the ACO to accept?
Indeed the reshuffle is the reason for now LM entries. It's set the program back.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2626537)   #42
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Great shame, I shall miss Creation. Let's hope everything comes together to enable a competitive ALMS campaign this year!
To be honest, they seem to have lost some credibility, in that their statements don't hold water. I like the people and the cars, but they haven't the funding. If they get it, I'll be the first to eat my words, but it is such a difficult environment.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:44 (Ref:2626544)   #43
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
To be honest, they seem to have lost some credibility, in that their statements don't hold water. I like the people and the cars, but they haven't the funding. If they get it, I'll be the first to eat my words, but it is such a difficult environment.
What i never could understand is why they haven't sold their car to others as a way to fund their own car!?
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:46 (Ref:2626549)   #44
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
What i never could understand is why they haven't sold their car to others as a way to fund their own car!?
I'm pretty sure they've tried, just not had anyone who either wants one or will pay the right money for it. It's hardly been at the front in recent years....
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2626551)   #45
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
My thoughts:

LMP2:
1. This class is not the same without the Porsche Spyder.
2. I am very interested to see the Hondas on the straights of the Mulsanne.
3. Great balance between Judd, Honda and Zytek.
Winner: RML
No Spyder is really a puzzler to me too. I guess the only one that might have been would be the Muscle Milk car, I don't know if they applied for entry, but if they did and didn't get picked it's a shame.

What rules are the GT1 cars running under? FiaGT1 or previous GT1 regs?
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2626552)   #46
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
What statements don't hold water? 'cos they don't say much unless they are ready to do it.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:53 (Ref:2626554)   #47
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
My thoughts:

LMP1:

2. With the further restrictions, I imagine the Kolles cars will be toward the bottom of this group. Crazy how much changes in 3 years.
The Kolles car is running to 2009 specs and not 2010. This is one of the teams/cars the got a wavier on the 2010 rules changes. If Kolles were to get a ex Audi factory driver in the car then the 2010 changes would go into effect.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2626557)   #48
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
97 Porsche is the favorite for Porsche in GT2
I had only just noticed, when looking at the entry list, that BMS had entered a RSR , looks like it could be a new(ish) RSR, because it is listed as a 4.0L

I am disappointed, that there isn't another Aston on the GT2 list and I don't mean the Team Hong Kong Racing car.

Tom.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2626558)   #49
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So far I see only one serius Ferrari entry in gt2, Risi/Melo one, all otheres have ether Gentelman drivers or not works drivers.

same with porsche other then the BMS entry all cars seem to have their owners as main drivers.
if no88 comes into play that will be firt full works crew for porsche probably,

so far I see Corvette as favorites, two full factory cars!!
-BMW probably wont make it to the 12h mark

Most likely gt2 battle for the win Corvettes vs Risi vs Felmbyer
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2626560)   #50
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still people underestimate Narac....

Paul Van Splunteren is also a very quick driver, posting very competitive pace in Supercup and at Spa 24hrs last year.