Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2707642)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans 2011 - Who's going? (Who's Left? Who's There?!!!)

Well, as I sit here packed and waiting for my ride to Dover for the midnight ferry, there is only one thing to do: disappoint Rob and start the 2011 thread!!

This year is likely to be my last visit for a bit but I am quite excited - if wholy unaware of who is racing and what form they are carrying - about heading down tonight. I'd love to hear who is planning on going next year and look forward to your updates as you return from your annual pilgrimage!!
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:14 (Ref:2707651)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly I am going to MIA again next year as well Craig, but the future Mrs Jones has said I go out to play again in 2012 !!!
Old 12 Jun 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2710247)   #3
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was chatting to my 81 year old father this morning, who I've been with nearly every year since 1979.

Last year and this we've not been at the race, but he was saying he might like to go again next year

I'll be there - If not with my Dad, probably with my Daughter - Maybe we can make it 3 generations!

M.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 01:28 (Ref:2711578)   #4
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Me... will be going to the race and probably the test day too.

My first time since 2007, first ever was 1999. I have to say, I will miss following the race in the chat though....was a nice time with a great bunch of chaps yesterday
Old 14 Jun 2010, 07:56 (Ref:2711703)   #5
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have vowed to attend (again) only when and if a Porsche LMP1 is competing.
Given the above, it may be a long time before I am again in the "Pays de la Loire"
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2711785)   #6
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm still in Le Mans as I type this .. but I can say that I'll be back in 2011 ..

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Jun 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2711969)   #7
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will be there

Just finished uploading my pictures and i wanna go again!!!
Old 14 Jun 2010, 16:53 (Ref:2712049)   #8
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Still there .Leaving Wednesday evening to go directly to the Nürburgring for the next Group C GTP Race .
Old 14 Jun 2010, 20:53 (Ref:2712210)   #9
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ME! I got the bug while watching the coverage and am aching to go back
Old 15 Jun 2010, 01:04 (Ref:2712305)   #10
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm undecided yet but I'd like to go back to see the first of the 'new rules' cars racing. I think next year is going to be even more unpredictable than this year. But it depends on what time I can get off work, which I won't find out until January...
Old 15 Jun 2010, 07:36 (Ref:2712412)   #11
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Well, at least two of our party are already confirmed for next year and I expect we''ll probably manage 15-20 come June.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2712439)   #12
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Still there .Leaving Wednesday evening to go directly to the Nürburgring for the next Group C GTP Race .
You lucky man!
I will be back again next year and also be going to the test day next year.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 09:55 (Ref:2712471)   #13
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Got back yesterday....

Love it, will always love it and will always go when I can.....back there again next month for the classic....and will DEF be there next year (or , if you are now reading this thread in 2011....then...THIS YEAR!)
Old 15 Jun 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2712495)   #14
aussie_xr8
Rookie

aussie_xr8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While watching 21 hours of Le Mans in Perth Australia missed 3 hours for cricket practice i got the bug that made my mind up on the spot ill be there for my first ever visit to le sarthe. Ill be on my own but plan to fly to germany first drive the nurburgring then transit to Le Mans then onto North America for Nascar Road Course. Please any hints or tips will be much appreciated.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2713186)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After a stunning Le Mans trip - from start to finish (well almost the finish - another Audi whitewash hadn't featured in my pre-race thinking..... ) - I definitely plan to make it 26 in a row next year - and, if he'll have me on board, I'm very much hoping to reacquaint myself with the front passenger seat in James' car!
Old 16 Jun 2010, 14:32 (Ref:2713199)   #16
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, might as well go...
Old 16 Jun 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2713377)   #17
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Might be here too. Hope the cherishes will be mature Ayse, they are only beginning black and sweet. The local wine will be easier to take there.... cheers.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 01:45 (Ref:2713482)   #18
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2010 was my first, and certainly wont be my last
Old 17 Jun 2010, 03:42 (Ref:2713493)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ill be there for my 20th time next year .
Old 17 Jun 2010, 07:16 (Ref:2713540)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Wild horses will not keep me from number 26. will be there again in 3 weeks for the classic
Old 17 Jun 2010, 07:29 (Ref:2713553)   #21
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hotel already booked for 2011

As we were packing up on Monday morning I asked the missus if we were good for 2011, she looked at me and just said, "whaddya mean, you haven't booked already?" I took that as a yes
Old 17 Jun 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2713624)   #22
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be there for the Classic in 3 weeks time and then start planning for the 24hr in 2011.
I have to go into 'grumpy old man' mode and say that I don't like some of the 'improvements' that the ACO have made over the last few years - rebuilding the Village, the reprofiled Esses, floodlighting Tetre Rouge at night........but then I can remember no big screens and no Radio LeMans, so life moves on......and I'm still sad enough to prefer the old N138 from Rouen to Le Mans.
I'll just feel so lucky to be part of the greatest motor race in the world.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2713636)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
I'll be there for the Classic in 3 weeks time and then start planning for the 24hr in 2011.
I have to go into 'grumpy old man' mode and say that I don't like some of the 'improvements' that the ACO have made over the last few years - rebuilding the Village, the reprofiled Esses, floodlighting Tetre Rouge at night........but then I can remember no big screens and no Radio LeMans, so life moves on......and I'm still sad enough to prefer the old N138 from Rouen to Le Mans.
I'll just feel so lucky to be part of the greatest motor race in the world.
The lack of the screen at the enterance to our campsite at tertre rouge was the only real downer for me, I still use the old N138 (now d338) as i like the drive, find the old straight road quicker and am to tight to pay the tolls.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2713832)   #24
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
.............I have to go into 'grumpy old man' mode and say that I don't like some of the 'improvements' that the ACO have made over the last few years .............floodlighting Tetre Rouge at night........
I have to admit, that part really was a downer for me. As some of you may have seen my poem, Tetre Rouge as night became day was a magical place for me, you used to be able to see the glow of the brakes as the car hit the corner, then the glow of the turbo housings on the porsche's as they began the Mulsanne straight, with their headlights lighting the tops of the trees as they went. It is very lite up now, but there are two sides to every story I spose....makes it easier to see your way round....deep joy!
Old 17 Jun 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2713858)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, at least Arnage and Mulsanne are still pretty dark in the night!