Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jun 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2713861)   #26
Hursty
Rookie

Hursty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, at least Arnage and Mulsanne are still pretty dark in the night!
And even more so when the lights go out...and they did again this year at almost the same time as last year! Great bonus, and fantastic viewing as the drivers try to get a grip (poor pun) with the Arnage corner!

Mike.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2713889)   #27
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went for the first time last week, Wow, what an event I will be back next year
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2713900)   #28
Hursty
Rookie

I guess I will be back in 2011. No point in breaking a pretty decent habit. But what I would like to take as an extra next year is a bike. It would be great to get to all the fantastic places a lot quicker and see some new sights, get to the shops/supermarche, Mulsanne/Arnage and the track....

Mike.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 07:40 (Ref:2714164)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You don't have to chain the car to the ground at Arnage you know Mike!
Old 18 Jun 2010, 07:42 (Ref:2714166)   #30
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well, at least Arnage and Mulsanne are still pretty dark in the night!
From my poste, I sensed there was less light coming down the track from Arnage than in previous years, although I could see the corner itself was lit.

The track was pretty much in darkness from Arnage to us with just a standard dim streetlight on our poste (on this year, been off in the past), before you were hit by the 75 foot high floodlight pointing towards Porsche curves.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2714421)   #31
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I'm afraid you'll have to count me in again
Old 19 Jun 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2714837)   #32
Hursty
Rookie

Quote:
You don't have to chain the car to the ground at Arnage you know Mike!
You're quite right! I guess after the long drive I like to 'dump' the car for a few days and not worry about it. And anyway, I'd never get the chain in the ground. We struggled again this year with a lumphammer and six-inch nails!

Mike.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 06:22 (Ref:2715491)   #33
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I have already booked the tickets and will be there again as always
Old 21 Jun 2010, 07:42 (Ref:2715512)   #34
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
from ACO???

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Jun 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2715850)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What are we reckoning on for dates next year? I've assumed for the moment 11th/12th, but as the dates gradually move forward, I guess 18th/19th is possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
from ACO???
I think plenty of people leave their booking on their this year's version of the booking form for next year - or so James tells me......
Old 21 Jun 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2715873)   #36
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What are we reckoning on for dates next year? I've assumed for the moment 11th/12th, but as the dates gradually move forward, I guess 18th/19th is possible?
The Nurburgring 24 released a statement saying that next year they would move to 25th and 26th of June, mentioning clearly that the plan was doing the race 2 weeks after Le Mans, so I'm guessing the dates will be 11 and 12.

Last year I said I would go and I clearly didn't so I won't say I'll go this time. I would like to! First aiming at heading down to Portimão next month for the LMS race. And we'll see from there.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2715917)   #37
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Just saw the website for lemansrace.com and they are taking bookings for the weekend of 11th/12th June. And I'm sure I have seen it somewhere on an ACO release, but can't lay my hands on it for the minute.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 18:45 (Ref:2715923)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think the sensible money has to be on 11th/12th then. So I'll be booking my leave tomorrow!
Old 21 Jun 2010, 18:45 (Ref:2715924)   #39
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
It was also on the on-screen television graphics with about 10 minutes left in the race. So we can safely assume it's the official date.

When would that put the test weekend, I wonder?
Old 22 Jun 2010, 05:08 (Ref:2716151)   #40
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think the sensible money has to be on 11th/12th then. So I'll be booking my leave tomorrow!
The dates were announced at the ACO Press Conference on the 10th June. See here.
Old 22 Jun 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2716411)   #41
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
As long as I have been going it has been the 24th Weekend of the year which in 2011 is 11/12th June (with 1st and 2nd of Jan being Sat/Sun next year this is as early as it gets - although I dont know what will happen when 31st Dec is a Saturday)
Old 22 Jun 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2716435)   #42
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have asked the le mans ticket office via mail. Got the answer that tickets can be booked from 4th of october.
Old 25 Jun 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2717760)   #43
Simonfield
Rookie

England
Haverhill, Suffolk, UK
Simonfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having watched the race for the last few years on TV, i can no longer put off going so i will make my first trip this year.

will make my way down by car to get there, get down for scrutineering and stay the week.

Either way, will be hanging around here before hand to to hunt out all the tips and information you guys have to offer!
Old 25 Jun 2010, 12:46 (Ref:2717820)   #44
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonfield View Post
Having watched the race for the last few years on TV, i can no longer put off going so i will make my first trip this year.

will make my way down by car to get there, get down for scrutineering and stay the week.

Either way, will be hanging around here before hand to to hunt out all the tips and information you guys have to offer!
You will love it, but beware if you go once it is very likely it will become an annual trip, it happened to me 25 trips ago.
Old 25 Jun 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2717911)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonfield View Post

Excellent news Simon, but I guess you mean 'next' year!

Anyhow, welcome to the Sportscar forum, Le Mans nutters division - come on in, the water's lovely!
Old 26 Jun 2010, 07:30 (Ref:2718078)   #46
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
You will love it, but beware if you go once it is very likely it will become an annual trip, it happened to me 25 trips ago.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2718179)   #47
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Quote:
Old 28 Jun 2010, 07:03 (Ref:2719091)   #48
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Old 28 Jun 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2719372)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Oh, go on then.......

Old 28 Jun 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2719385)   #50
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our tickets are auto renewals so we'll be going again.

Carol