Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jun 2010, 22:38 (Ref:2709502)   #26
andy29
Rookie

andy29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Bitrates: standard 550 kbps, high 900 kbps and very high 1500 kbps. Resolution is same in all of them (720x404). There is clear difference between them but probably hard to see if you're maximizing the stream to full screen...
I think it makes the biggest difference when things move across the screen. They become slightly less of a mess. Has anyone been watching Eurosport HD on the player? I try choosing it but it always chucks me back to the same SD feeds.

The graphics are microscopic aren't they. I thought F1's new ones were small. Eurosport's are readable though, the tiny ones are put on by whoever is doing the production at the track, so Eurosport have to just take what they are given. Well, I guess.
Old 11 Jun 2010, 23:04 (Ref:2709510)   #27
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29 View Post
Has anyone been watching Eurosport HD on the player? I try choosing it but it always chucks me back to the same SD feeds.
Huh? We were talking about this "Player".
Old 11 Jun 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2709512)   #28
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I just noticed the 30 min blackout (around midnight [race time]) or scheduling conflict that was previously on Eurosport schedule has been fixed. Looks like some program from ES2 was removed in favour of 24LM, which is nice but never trust Eurosport schedule...

And there are two 24 minutes blahblahs during the race... but at least ES2 will be showing live race at the same time.

Last edited by deggis; 11 Jun 2010 at 23:13.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 00:47 (Ref:2709536)   #29
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What kind of idiots designed and approved the on-screen graphics? They are mostly impossible to read, and my 28 inch TV isn't exactly tiny. I cannot fathom what they were thinking.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 05:40 (Ref:2709572)   #30
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
What kind of idiots designed and approved the on-screen graphics? They are mostly impossible to read, and my 28 inch TV isn't exactly tiny. I cannot fathom what they were thinking.
It's the same on a 32 inch too.......hopefully they will have sorted it for the race
Old 12 Jun 2010, 06:56 (Ref:2709589)   #31
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
It's the same on a 32 inch too.
37 inch screen doesn't help either.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 07:41 (Ref:2709615)   #32
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think someone said the graphics are optimised for the HD feed, which is nice
Old 12 Jun 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2709626)   #33
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have any of you experienced since Thursday, the connection being stuttery for the Player? Trying to figure out if it's my connection.

The connection stops and goes back to buffering, and basically stalls so I end up refreshing the page.
Hope this doesn't continue for me during the race. I only have the TV screen after dark.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2709627)   #34
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Have any of you experienced since Thursday, the connection being stuttery for the Player? Trying to figure out if it's my connection.

The connection stops and goes back to buffering, and basically stalls so I end up refreshing the page.
Hope this doesn't continue for me during the race. I only have the TV screen after dark.
Nope mine was pretty good, even when streaming RLM at the same time. Having said that the house I'm in during the week has a pretty good broadband connection.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 08:43 (Ref:2709633)   #35
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Nope mine was pretty good, even when streaming RLM at the same time. Having said that the house I'm in during the week has a pretty good broadband connection.
Same here, the Player is about 10 seconds behind RLM, but it's streaming perfectly. Mind you, I'm on 30 Mbps for surfing/browsing/DL-ing...
Old 12 Jun 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2709637)   #36
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bitrates: standard 550 kbps, high 900 kbps and very high 1500 kbps. Resolution is same in all of them (720x404). There is clear difference between them but probably hard to see if you're maximizing the stream to full screen... it's not even SD quality so how great quality can you really expect?

Would help if some modern codec like H264 (Flash) was used instead of quite crappy Windows Media.
Well I need to get my eyes tested then, as I can't see any noticeable difference between the three different feed qualities when in the normal sized window.

The Eurosport Player doesn't hold a candle, in terms of clarity and quality, to the GT1 feed from its respective website.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 09:02 (Ref:2709642)   #37
Piglet
Veteran

OK, something I like about Eurosport - Neville Haye.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2709707)   #38
andy29
Rookie

andy29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Has anyone been watching Eurosport HD on the player? I try choosing it but it always chucks me back to the same SD feeds.
Huh? We were talking about this "Player".
So was I there's an option for HD on the beta, maybe it wasn't on the old version, I can't remember.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2709723)   #39
Piglet
Veteran

OK, here we go again, the two idiots on the roof and we got to see at least ohhh 5 seconds of what I believe the ACO were calling a "herringbone" start. Of course we'd much rather see pre recorded interviews than the live things happening on track...
Old 12 Jun 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2709758)   #40
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Well I need to get my eyes tested then, as I can't see any noticeable difference between the three different feed qualities when in the normal sized window.
Possible. Not sure would I notice in a blind test. Differnece to the very high should be clear though, but I just noticed that the "very high" has same bitrate as "high". They ran out of bandwidht? Yesterday it worked.

Quote:
So was I there's an option for HD on the beta, maybe it wasn't on the old version, I can't remember.
I can't see any HD option
Old 12 Jun 2010, 13:47 (Ref:2709809)   #41
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
is anybody still wayching eurosport on the analogue astra satellite??

I lost the signal last night - dont know whether my analogue satellite dish has finally died or if the analogue signal has been taken off air????

thanks for any help
Its probably not much help but I can check tommorow night when I get home that its still on Analouge. Lets hope so otherwise its Digital and listening in German. Although thats got to be better than listening to Kirby and that utter blockhead who has been presenting the 24 minutes. How did he ever get on TV? and has he ever been on before? It does'nt show.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2709832)   #42
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have no idea what the Eurosport hospitality have been feeding Carlton Kirby this morning, but it seems to be working!

Kirby hasn't been too bad in this first hour of the race - dare I say it? - he might have even put in a decent performance.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2709833)   #43
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edit: Nevermind.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2709836)   #44
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good Lord! Eurosport concede that the on-screen graphics are rubbish.

Work-around? Buy a bigger telly. Ha!
Old 12 Jun 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2709865)   #45
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Someone is being a cheapskate... but the graphics must come from the production company (ACO? or what?) so its probably not Eurosport's fault. If it was done properly, there would be bigger graphcis for SD and smaller ones for HD.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 15:29 (Ref:2709902)   #46
EsbenT
Rookie

Norway
Sandnes
EsbenT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This director is a bit of a moron, isn't he?
Old 12 Jun 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2709914)   #47
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
managing to miss the Mansell and Ford crashes hasn't been too clever, but then that might have been more a cameraman wrong place wrong time issue. would appreciate not seeing the same flipping advert back to back in a break tho

on the plus side, current commentary is great
Old 12 Jun 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2710055)   #48
Piglet
Veteran

Agreed, current commentary is fab. Liz Halliday does a really good job.

...and we haven't seen the paid of idiots on the roof for hours!!
Old 12 Jun 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2710253)   #49
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurosport's coverage has seemed pretty good, although a few incidents seem to have been missed by the cameras.

The English (language) commentary team are all doing a great job.

Not sure how long I'll stay up tonight - I might get an earlyish night and get up early tomorrow morning.

M
Old 12 Jun 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2710283)   #50
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
every time I turn on it's Kirby!

He makes a mistake with nearly every observation!

Woeful, inadequate, unprofessional and only mildly entertaining!

PLease for the love of God will someone do the decent thing

It's bad enough having to try and watch a race where the graphics are smaller than a pixel on a screen (I am watching on a 40+ in telly).
Closed Thread