Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 30 Jan 2012, 12:37 (Ref:3018886)   #1
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Advice wanted on selling magazines

Hi folks, I have every Autosport from 1985 to 2011 and am looking at selling them as my house is going to collapse if I don't.

Has anyone sold magazines in the past and has any advice to offer? I've looked on e-bay and there are all ranges of prices from 50p to £10 for individual magazines to £150 for a full year from the 90's.

Are there dealers who buy magazines or am I just better off taking a punt on e-bay?

Any advice very gratefully received!
Old 30 Jan 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3018922)   #2
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Hi Johnny. I've been selling off my old motoring magazines on Ebay for quite a while now. (Not just as a money making exercise, but more along the lines of "I've kept these things in good condition for 30+ Years, it would be a shame to throw them away now if someone would find them useful").
I've found it very long-winded scanning each magazine cover (I think a picture is essential), then writing a list of the articles each one contains (also, I think essential for the search facility to find my magazines). I'm pleased to report that slowly but surely the pile of old magazines in my loft is reducing, but they're hardly flying out of the door. I just keep re-listing them every now and again (generally when Ebay tell me there's a free listing weekend!), and adding more as & when I have time. I listed about 80 that finished on Saturday, but only sold two, but maybe all of the most popular titles have already been sold?
FYI I have a starting price of £1.99 each for mine + postage, as realistically, a magazine you want for less than £2.00 is still a bargain nowadays. (I've also found that lowering the price to 99p didn't seem to help shift them any quicker!).
Good luck (and if you want any more advice, please send me a PM).
Old 30 Jan 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3019080)   #3
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i know what you mean.. i stacked up on quite a few too many Fast Car/Max power magazines for a few years...and now they are just sitting there doing nothing.... though as said above... to photograph all of them would take a little too much time!