Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 May 2005, 15:32 (Ref:1300005)   #1
massifheed
Racer

massifheed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scsa

Well, it's been a while since I checked in on ASCAR, or SCSA as it's seems to be known now. I kind of lost interest after the prices went up as it was quite a long round trip to make it to the races which was pricey enough as it was then.

Anyway, the new (to me, at least) website it pants. I really hate loads of spinning/flashing/twirling animated stuff on a web page, especially ads and stuff. And I found this site to be much more confusing, while appearing to offer less information, than the old ASCAR site. Plus the annoying maximised pop-up ads makes it all look a bit unprofessional I think. Websites can look smart and understated at the same time (ten-tenths is a fine example).

So I guess I'm curious to know how it's going since a year or two (I think) ago? How many cars are racing, how's the attendance going, how does the racing/music/entertainment format work?

Some of the pics I've seen of the cars on the website (before I got fed up of long load times due to bloody animated ads......) look damn fine. I hope that the series has a good year, and continues to grow. The races I went to were some of the best examples of racing I'd seen for a good while.
Old 15 May 2005, 21:27 (Ref:1301768)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The series is like most at the moment. Not everyone who can get in the series, has the money to do so.

Grid was 18 for the season opener. I don't stay for the music, as I go for the racing. Its well worth a trip, to make your own mind up.
Old 19 May 2005, 17:57 (Ref:1304734)   #3
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This year they have decided to line up all the SCSA cars in the pitlane before the race with the backs to the pitwall and at an angle-it makes for some nice shots and I guess makes it easier for those in the main grandstand to see. Unfortunately they have also decided that no "girls" can pose around the cars anymore The SCSA winners now have the presentation on the grid and not the usual stage above the pits. The Pickups line-up facing the crowd as well on the main straight before each race as each driver is announced. Must admit- at the 1st round there seemed to be a hell of a lot of NASCAR fans now...mums, das and kids with all the proper gear on.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1319899)   #4
1.5 Rock
Rookie

England
1.5 Rock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SCSA is gonna die a death if something is not done ASAP.
Too few cars , racing getting slightly better than in previous years.

I have said it before.........they should be supporting the pickups, who IMO are superior for racing entertainment .
Im going tomorrow and hope the scsa'a are going to put on a show, but if you get one crash, 3-5 cars ,out then you're left with 15 cars aprox......after 3 laps the field is so strung out its pathetic to watch.......and thats only the first race, after which we're left hoping that the guys who crashed in race 1 can make it to race 2.

More cars please even guest drivers.....18ish cars on a 1.5 oval is not enough.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1320203)   #5
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its gotta be said-things are looking a little frayed round the edges at the moment. It realy does need a big sponsor to come along or things are going to go down hill possibly. It seems next year SCSA will be joined by other race series on the day due to the new owners restricting race days. This may help matters and may get other spectators interested but who knows. Also, how will the new owners see SCSA and will they be prepared to help financially-lets hope so though I think the next 2 or 3 months will be crucial for the series.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 06:15 (Ref:1320326)   #6
1.5 Rock
Rookie

England
1.5 Rock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, how will the new owners see SCSA and will they be prepared to help financially-lets hope so though I think the next 2 or 3 months will be crucial for the series.[/QUOTE]

I dont see how anyone can help more financially.
I understand that the scsa guys get £3,000 a race , thats £6,000 a meeting, all they gotta do is start to qualify. The pickups get zilch for starting.
If you gave the pickup guys £500 to start you'd get even more pickups and even better racing ......but that would make scsa look even worse than it is now.
Too much politics and not enough cars IMO
Old 6 Jun 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1321681)   #7
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
This year they have decided to line up all the SCSA cars in the pitlane before the race with the backs to the pitwall and at an angle-it makes for some nice shots and I guess makes it easier for those in the main grandstand to see. Unfortunately they have also decided that no "girls" can pose around the cars anymore
Update!! The "Pit-Girls" are now allowed in the hot-pit lane again (Maximum of 10 personnel per car)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
The SCSA winners now have the presentation on the grid and not the usual stage above the pits.
And the Pick-Ups!! On a super new Podium! Thanks Roger!!!!!!!
Old 9 Jun 2005, 05:19 (Ref:1323671)   #8
superfox2000
Racer

Gibraltar
Cheltenham
superfox2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is needed is for the Rockingham management to bring over the real thing! The Nextel cup! This would do the series a power of good. The ASCAR series needs to stop pretending and get 43 cars on the grid.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 22:32 (Ref:1324402)   #9
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
One problem which I heard over the weekend was that there are (apparently) some willing sponsors who are only interested in coming into the sport on a long term basis-ie: doing a deal for something like 4 or 5 years with a team. Great for a team if they can get it but with the series in its current state (people running the series seem to be changing every season), starting money issues, weekends racing days under possible threat etc due to local council problems etc, etc, then these sorts of backers are staying away. TV coverage this year is already better in the way its put together etc and must help but it needs a lot more from outside. The circuit can only give so much.