Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 May 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2457926)   #26
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I remember so many funny moments...

One of them was when we took a neighbouring brit(we've been best friends since) for our night excursion round the track 'cause all his mates had allready gone to sleep.
We'd visited all of the good places and when we drove back to our camp,he fel asleep solidly. When we arrived,my girl and me decided not to wake him and left the doors to our car unlocked.
Next day we spoke,he told us he'd woken up,got out of the car and had just started walking(we camped at Bleu nord) while 10 yards behind him lay his camp! Only two hours later he managed to find his tent....

The illegal dragraces at the strip in Bleu nord were really good fun too,especially since I used to be the starter on the oildrum for three years. Great fun,loads of silly,fast and not too sober races.
Good thing they stopped it though. Ofcourse it got to popular and thus dangerous...
Old 8 May 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2458080)   #27
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I must admit I really miss it too. I never used to dwell in it though - my last visit to the infamous strippers (God weren't they awful!) was way back in 1988 when I vowed 'never again!'. But it was all about atmosphere - there was something special about wandering down from the Dunlop Bridge to Tertre Rouge, a journey that took forever sometimes as you threaded your way through a heaving mass of humanity in various stages of undress and drunkenness! And the gradual erosion of the atmosphere over the years I've been going bothers me - the sanitised 'Village' is a good example (which we've talked a lot about before, of course). Yes, the loos are great, but F1-style shops and concrete doesn't replace the vibrant sights, sounds and smells of the old Village......
I've grown up around the change over...

Yeh, sure, perhaps the village and the fair aren't the same anymore, but the campsites never lose their majic.

Le Mans is still Le Mans, and it always will be.
Old 8 May 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2458129)   #28
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think we ought to steer clear of any more stories of a fetish-type nature....
I got a good one ..... it concern Merguez , toilets and showers ..... and a Jamiriqui concert that I didnt get to see !!!

Should I continue or might I get boliked ?
Old 10 May 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2459461)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I got a good one ..... it concern Merguez , toilets and showers ..... and a Jamiriqui concert that I didnt get to see !!!

Should I continue or might I get boliked ?

I have a similar story from 1987, but my problem was saucisse, not merguez - you should never be ill from the marvellous merguez!!
Old 10 May 2009, 19:44 (Ref:2459485)   #30
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
So , does that give me the go ahead with my story or not Ayse ?
Old 10 May 2009, 19:55 (Ref:2459497)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As long as you remember this is a family board........
Old 10 May 2009, 20:09 (Ref:2459513)   #32
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
As long as you remember this is a family board........
I can't bare this any longer! You have to tell us now!
Old 10 May 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2459515)   #33
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
I'd also like to ask at this point what the difference is between the bottom-of-the-range Merquez from Super U and a twig from the Le Mans pine trees.

I once dropped mine at the campsite next to a pine tree - it was gone forever...........

I'll never forget that day.
Old 11 May 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2460267)   #34
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have a similar story from 1987, but my problem was saucisse, not merguez - you should never be ill from the marvellous merguez!!
..mmm indeed, we had a 'Chorizo BBQ night' back around then which caused a few problems the next day for one of our tourists ! Regarding the new village, I can't say that we have ever spent any time in there, the place is just so dull.

We used to have a really nice spot to retire too until darkness fell which was on the inside of the hill down from the Dunlop bridge at the start of the esses. It was a grass bank facing the sun and once it had cooled down, was a fantastic place to relax before heading into the fun fair. Sadly I don't think there are any grass banks left now to chill out on during the race.

The Jamiroquai concert was one of the better Saturday night gigs, smuggling a crate of beer into there was a bit of a mission though, the heavies on the door were very insistant that it wasn't coming in. It took quite a diversion for the mission to succeed .

So to Badger's story...........
Old 11 May 2009, 17:15 (Ref:2460277)   #35
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
I remember so many funny moments...

One of them was when we took a neighbouring brit(we've been best friends since) for our night excursion round the track 'cause all his mates had allready gone to sleep.
We'd visited all of the good places and when we drove back to our camp,he fel asleep solidly. When we arrived,my girl and me decided not to wake him and left the doors to our car unlocked.
Next day we spoke,he told us he'd woken up,got out of the car and had just started walking(we camped at Bleu nord) while 10 yards behind him lay his camp! Only two hours later he managed to find his tent....

The illegal dragraces at the strip in Bleu nord were really good fun too,especially since I used to be the starter on the oildrum for three years. Great fun,loads of silly,fast and not too sober races.
Good thing they stopped it though. Ofcourse it got to popular and thus dangerous...
We had a very noisy and rowdy 'team orange' group next to us one year in Bleu. They woke very early with air horns blaring,, singing and shouting, waking the whole area up, but fell asleep early on their return to their pitch. Leaving their clogs and cigars lying around in and amongst their fallen bodies, of course we helped to tidy them up .
Old 11 May 2009, 17:16 (Ref:2460279)   #36
The Badger
Veteran

Cant dude ..... its a family forum ..... but its a mad story . Its not particularly rude , just a right mess !!!
Old 11 May 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2460293)   #37
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Cant dude ..... its a family forum ..... but its a mad story . Its not particularly rude , just a right mess !!!
I can imagine, I think we've all been there and done that at some point over the years while at Le Mans
Old 11 May 2009, 18:08 (Ref:2460320)   #38
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has anyone ever been brave enough to use any of the 'squat' style toilets?

I can imagine there's plenty of opportunity for disgrace in their usage.
Old 11 May 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2460342)   #39
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post

Not quite the squats but if you take the time to read the Club-Arnage Guide you'll find a section at the back with just those types of anecdotes. I was crying with laughter last year
Old 11 May 2009, 21:24 (Ref:2460445)   #40
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
I can imagine, I think we've all been there and done that at some point over the years while at Le Mans
Not like I did dude !!!
Old 11 May 2009, 21:29 (Ref:2460451)   #41
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
So , does that give me the go ahead with my story or not Ayse ?
No!
Old 12 May 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2460705)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post

Bits will only ever use them once, luckily even in France they are dissappearing,
Old 12 May 2009, 09:53 (Ref:2460741)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
At the risk of allowing this thread to degenerate further, when you really need a loo, you'll use anything - believe me!
Old 12 May 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2460746)   #44
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I remember a story about an Australian racing motorcyclist in Malaysia who suddenly needed to 'go' just before the race.
He rushed to the toilets to find that was the only cubicle available. Unfortunately he didn't pull his leathers down far enough for this unorthedox position, and was shocked to discover what he thought he'd got rid of was actually now mostly inside the collar of his race suit when he pulled it back up! (NASTY!)
Old 12 May 2009, 11:31 (Ref:2460817)   #45
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Bits will only ever use them once, luckily even in France they are dissappearing,
Sorry should have said "BRITS" not BITS
Old 12 May 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2461015)   #46
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I remember a story about an Australian racing motorcyclist in Malaysia who suddenly needed to 'go' just before the race.
He rushed to the toilets to find that was the only cubicle available. Unfortunately he didn't pull his leathers down far enough for this unorthedox position, and was shocked to discover what he thought he'd got rid of was actually now mostly inside the collar of his race suit when he pulled it back up! (NASTY!)

Did he start the race? I mean,that'd be somehing in this humid warmth of Malaysia....
Old 12 May 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2461023)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Did he start the race? I mean,that'd be somehing in this humid warmth of Malaysia....

Yeah, he was so nervous on the grid he nearly......... ah.......

Old 12 May 2009, 16:25 (Ref:2461026)   #48
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I believe he did start the race, yes. maybe it spurned him on, trying to go as fast as he could to get away from that horrible smell behind him! (A similar approach to the carrot on a stick to encourage your donkey.)
Old 12 May 2009, 16:39 (Ref:2461035)   #49
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:

Yeah ..... he finished in turd place !!!
Old 12 May 2009, 17:28 (Ref:2461068)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh dear...... (he's not with me...... )