Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 18 Aug 2007, 21:26 (Ref:1991549)   #51
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye
Well i don't know who Eugene O'Donnely is and maybe he has his sights on one of the Larsson's Skoda Fabia.
But I do know that Jani Paasonen has showed some interest to buy one of Lasse Larsson's Car's.
Well I hear strong rumors that the Toveks team is sold. Hope that the news is confirmed soon as it is an intresting name.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 19:59 (Ref:1992228)   #52
DCS
Racer

DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumors say it is Jos Kuypers...
I don't see the point actually, but hey they are rumors...

Otherwise good to see so many cars being sold: extra 5-10 Div 1 cars then?!

I talked to Langenber today and he was happy to buy the 2006 Kuypers car, but Kuypers refused to offer a maintance deal... they are happy to pay for a come-buy-drive deal...
Old 19 Aug 2007, 21:10 (Ref:1992295)   #53
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCS
Rumors say it is Jos Kuypers...
I don't see the point actually, but hey they are rumors...

Otherwise good to see so many cars being sold: extra 5-10 Div 1 cars then?!

I talked to Langenber today and he was happy to buy the 2006 Kuypers car, but Kuypers refused to offer a maintance deal... they are happy to pay for a come-buy-drive deal...
Than you are badly informed as it's official now. Pauwels motorsport has bought the truck, trailer and the two cars from Toveks racing.
But no problem for anybody that feels they missed the deal as they can all be bought at the right price.

If Langenberg wants an arrive and drive deal, let them make an offer on the Pauwels Focus thats for sale and Pauwels motorsport will be happy to do maintanance.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 21:36 (Ref:1992322)   #54
DCS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhergAthor
Than you are badly informed as it's official now. Pauwels motorsport has bought the truck, trailer and the two cars from Toveks racing.
But no problem for anybody that feels they missed the deal as they can all be bought at the right price.

If Langenberg wants an arrive and drive deal, let them make an offer on the Pauwels Focus thats for sale and Pauwels motorsport will be happy to do maintanance.
Somehow this sounds familiar, I've heard this "rumor" way before the NL ERC... Maybe the news arrived to me in wrong order...
Old 23 Aug 2007, 09:24 (Ref:1994939)   #55
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The grapevine has it, that the Irish bidder did not show up in Holland – as by JK and mediator TB expected. Back to the drawing board now…?
Old 23 Aug 2007, 13:57 (Ref:1995116)   #56
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was there but I have heard that he decided to wait till after last round of the ERC to decided on a car.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 16:01 (Ref:1995193)   #57
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yawn!
Old 23 Aug 2007, 22:27 (Ref:1995488)   #58
DCS
Racer

Perg,

What happend to the previous bought Puma when it was in Pauwels hands?
Old 23 Aug 2007, 23:53 (Ref:1995512)   #59
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am presuming the alleged purchase of the Toveks gear is the reason why Pauwels has his car for sale then?

Anyone know if Larson is still definately quitting? And what of the cars, there are two I'm assuming?

If you think about it dealing in rallycross cars as Tracey seems to be now is quite clever, they dont really lose money when they are second hand, if its decent its gonna be roughly 100 grand, so many cars even 3 or 4 years old are roughly the same price, imagine what these guys are losing, must have cost much mroe to develop the things.
Old 24 Aug 2007, 06:48 (Ref:1995599)   #60
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCS
Perg,

What happend to the previous bought Puma when it was in Pauwels hands?
Pauwels has good clients in the Middle East, and there pots of gold are even bigger than the Irish
Old 24 Aug 2007, 06:53 (Ref:1995601)   #61
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Am presuming the alleged purchase of the Toveks gear is the reason why Pauwels has his car for sale then?

Anyone know if Larson is still definately quitting? And what of the cars, there are two I'm assuming?

If you think about it dealing in rallycross cars as Tracey seems to be now is quite clever, they dont really lose money when they are second hand, if its decent its gonna be roughly 100 grand, so many cars even 3 or 4 years old are roughly the same price, imagine what these guys are losing, must have cost much mroe to develop the things.
Selling cars and servicing is the core bussiness of Pauwels Motorsport, so all his cars are for sale or for rent at any time. Koen will drive another full ERC next year, but the car is a big questionmark as it depends on bussiness, if all of his car are sold, he will build a new Focus.

Larson is definately quitting.
Old 24 Aug 2007, 22:03 (Ref:1996055)   #62
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder

No! Koen Pauwels bought two Ford Focus from Gunnarsson/Jernberg. The first is the one he drives in the ERC (It’s for sale now) the second car will be delivered sometime soon (or maybe he already got it?) So even without the by of the Toveks cars the first one had been for sale.
Lasse Larsson is definitely quitting!! Toveks Racing sold everything to Pouwels, 2 cars, the truck, trailer and all spare parts. Koen will drive the 2006 ERC winning Skoda in Poland and Tjeckia and then we will decide if there will be one Ford and two Skoda’s for sale or two Ford’s and one Skoda.
Old 24 Aug 2007, 23:13 (Ref:1996080)   #63
michael.hoese
Rookie

Germany
Cologne Germany
michael.hoese should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you sure? What about the possibility he rents one of the Skoda to another driver? For example Tommy Rustad. And then drives the second on his own.

Or will he sell everything to Kenneth Hansen, cause Kuypers sold his car to any Irish Guys and now buys everything of Hansen to get back on Citroen?.....

WOW so many rumours i think i will get a headache...
Old 25 Aug 2007, 08:57 (Ref:1996202)   #64
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.hoese
Are you sure? What about the possibility he rents one of the Skoda to another driver? For example Tommy Rustad. And then drives the second on his own.

Or will he sell everything to Kenneth Hansen, cause Kuypers sold his car to any Irish Guys and now buys everything of Hansen to get back on Citroen?.....

WOW so many rumours i think i will get a headache...
Kuypers driving Citroen?
I think Hansen stay with Citroen, he is a factory driver, no?
Old 25 Aug 2007, 11:25 (Ref:1996230)   #65
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec
Kuypers driving Citroen?
I think Hansen stay with Citroen, he is a factory driver, no?
I guess my compatriot made a joke about all this stupid rumours in RX…

I see Kenneth as a semi-factory driver as he runs his own programmes. Only Volvo R-Sport (1978–1980) and VW Motorsport (in 1978 for Jochi Kleint) did full factory engagements in the ERC so far.
Old 25 Aug 2007, 11:58 (Ref:1996246)   #66
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru

I see Kenneth as a semi-factory driver as he runs his own programmes. Only Volvo R-Sport (1978–1980) and VW Motorsport (in 1978 for Jochi Kleint) did full factory engagements in the ERC so far.
Wasn t Stig Blomqvist 1989 ERC Rs200 fully factory backed guru? What about Andreas Eriksson?
Old 25 Aug 2007, 13:21 (Ref:1996276)   #67
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie
Wasn t Stig Blomqvist 1989 ERC Rs200 fully factory backed guru? What about Andreas Eriksson?
Yes and/or no – Stig, John Taylor and the other Ford boys did only a total of four (out of eleven) ERC rounds back in 1989. So it was a very sporadical commitment rather than an ERC programme IMO. And importer teams or teams backed by their car importers I actually do not rate as true factory teams.
Old 25 Aug 2007, 17:56 (Ref:1996394)   #68
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru
It's a thin line I suppose. For example, has Subaru ever run a factory effort in the WRC? They only give Prodrive the money to develop and run. Yet most people conceive that Subarus WRC project is a factory effort.
With Ford it is even more complicated as their local divisions assign the budgets for racing. For example Ford Europe supports M-Sport in the WRC. Does that make it a semi-factory effort because M-Sport runs it? Or is it a factory effort because Ford Europe supports it? Or is it a local importer as Ford Europe is part of the worldwide Ford business? The same line of thought applies to Ford Sweden supporting Andreas Eriksson.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 17:35 (Ref:2070283)   #69
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Gunnarsson Motorsport has a lot to do right now. Two Focuses for Isachsen, one for Pouwels and one for Kuypers. Also Thomas Rådström has left them a Hyundai i30 to do a D1 rallycross car of.

Norwegian supernational driver Kjell Arne Smerud has bought one of the Bermingrud Xsaras. He will do the full ERC.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 18:19 (Ref:2070309)   #70
DCS
Racer

Quote:
Gunnarsson Motorsport has a lot to do right now. Two Focuses for Isachsen, one for Pouwels and one for Kuypers. Also Thomas Rådström has left them a Hyundai i30 to do a D1 rallycross car of.

Norwegian supernational driver Kjell Arne Smerud has bought one of the Bermingrud Xsaras. He will do the full ERC.
i30? Would be a primeur for the Motorsport scene!
Surprised to see Kuypers in the list as his previous ones were build by VA. Some say it was on of the best, 2-3 years ago...
Old 19 Nov 2007, 08:07 (Ref:2070639)   #71
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
Quote:

You forget the new Focus for Jernberg. Pitty he won't go ahead with the C30.
Old 19 Nov 2007, 13:56 (Ref:2070848)   #72
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks very promising again for next year.

So who is the second car for of Isachsens?

Is the Hyundai from Radstrom a new car or his exisiting?
Old 19 Nov 2007, 13:57 (Ref:2070849)   #73
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So does anyone know for definite who the bidder is on Kuypers car??
Old 19 Nov 2007, 15:27 (Ref:2070901)   #74
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhergAthor
You forget the new Focus for Jernberg. Pitty he won't go ahead with the C30.
Do you know that Jernberg will not do the Volvo?
Old 19 Nov 2007, 15:29 (Ref:2070904)   #75
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1
Looks very promising again for next year.

So who is the second car for of Isachsens?

Is the Hyundai from Radstrom a new car or his exisiting?
The Hyundai i30 is new; his old one was an Accent.