Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:38 (Ref:2188055)   #101
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope he's OK, its not an ideal place to go off.

It looked like something came off the left side of the car, it wobbled as the suspension loaded up and went straight on.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2188057)   #102
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I hope he's ok.

Stupid, STUPID safety car rule! Once again someone suffers because they are forced to pit.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:41 (Ref:2188058)   #103
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Possibly a brake failure at the LF? I hope Heikki is OK - looks like he is buried under the tire wall.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2188061)   #104
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crap rule with the safety car. Best of luck Heikki
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:46 (Ref:2188063)   #105
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was like Lewis' Nurburgring failure last year! Almost identical!

Big hole in the front of the car.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:46 (Ref:2188064)   #106
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looked to me like the tire simply blew up.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:48 (Ref:2188067)   #107
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, left front tyre blew up.

EDIT: ITV missed the restart as I knew they would...
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:51 (Ref:2188068)   #108
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From the interweb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Sports
Lap 26: Barrichello actually collided with Fisichella's Force India exiting the pit lane. Kovalainen is taken away on a stretcher and, thank goodness, gives the thumbs up. His car - which has a gaping hole at the front of the monocoque - is winched away having apparently suffered a left front tyre failure heading into turn three.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:51 (Ref:2188069)   #109
Bowser
Rookie

Bowser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the cause of the crash was the same as lewis's crash in Germany last year.
whatever that was..

just youtubed the footage from lewis
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:52 (Ref:2188071)   #110
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, worried for Heikki's lower extremities... there appeared to be a very large section of the floor area gone behind the nose.

The on-board footage of the failure almost looked like it was a rim failure - perhaps it was rubbing on the brake caliper?
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:53 (Ref:2188073)   #111
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lewis' was caused by the suspension rubbing into the tyre IIRC.

Well, anyways, hopefully Heikki's feet and lower legs are fine but I can't say it looked great.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:53 (Ref:2188074)   #112
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Whats even more amusing is that no one on the ITV team noticed that it was his front tyre that blew up, they are mentioning suspension parts and wheel bearings...

Perhaps someone should tell them?
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:55 (Ref:2188075)   #113
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From Sky
Quote:
Lap 30: News from the medical centre is that Kovalainen is "conscious and stable". Raikkonen leads Massa by 1.4 seconds.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:58 (Ref:2188078)   #114
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Obviously this is a very interesting race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Sports
Lap 32: Barrichello is down in 16th - and last - place after having to make another stop for a new front wing. Team-mate Jenson Button is running in a fairly anonymous 13th
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:59 (Ref:2188079)   #115
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

And boom goes the engine of Mr Alonso.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 13:01 (Ref:2188081)   #116
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Massa is going to get jumped by Hamilton at the last stop and then spin off in frustration.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 13:03 (Ref:2188082)   #117
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think ive got a bit more time for alonso after going up to greet his fans, quite a nice touch and im not sure every driver would do that in the same situation
Old 27 Apr 2008, 13:03 (Ref:2188083)   #118
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Eight cars down so far.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 13:06 (Ref:2188084)   #119
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
English as what she is wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
Lap 34: There are applause ringing around the Circuit de Catalunya as Alonso retires from the race from fifth place.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 13:07 (Ref:2188085)   #120
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Rosberg - kaboom.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 13:10 (Ref:2188087)   #121
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why is Fisi always getting the "push hard" message.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 13:15 (Ref:2188093)   #122
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well that's settled then. Kimi-Massa-Hamilton-Kubica.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 13:20 (Ref:2188096)   #123
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
At this point, would it be appropriate to *yawn*?
Old 27 Apr 2008, 13:20 (Ref:2188097)   #124
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Oh did I just nod off?
Old 27 Apr 2008, 13:20 (Ref:2188098)   #125
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Not exactly a promising sign that Heikki was just airlifted out. Hopefully it's just a precaution.