Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 29 Jul 2003, 22:09 (Ref:674757)   #1
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
InGear Motorsport Magazine

I am having real trouble finding anywhere that sells this magazine. Can anyone help ?
I have tried Smiths, Tesco, Sainsburys - most of the big ones.
I don't want to get a subscription as I bought it once at the start of the season and found it had too much Rally, Motocross, trail biking, etc
But now we are in the middle of the season with meetings every week - I wanted to give it another go.
Anybody got any ideas ?
Old 29 Jul 2003, 22:15 (Ref:674766)   #2
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It started out claiming to be going to cover club motor racing, but recent issues have shown hardly any coverage at all - just of occasional meetings and some bizarre choices of special features.
Not renewing my subscription and doubt I'll be alone.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 08:22 (Ref:675032)   #3
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks ,glad I did not bother with this.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 08:31 (Ref:675040)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got my August edition through the post this morning.
It has a bit too much off road stuff for my liking but I buy it mainly for the photography - some taken by our very own Snapper Baz! The downside is that the race reports are from events that seemed to have happened months ago. For example, the 2CV 24 hours is covered in this issue - it happened almost 7 weeks previous! However saying that, the coverage and photography of the event is terrific.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 11:23 (Ref:675149)   #5
Steve Wood
Racer

Steve Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it fills a gap in the market for detailed reports of the kind of meetings that many of the people active on these forums are involved in.
It's not F1 and DTM, it's club racing, and that is reflected in the budget for producing the whole thing, hence the 7-week wait for the 2CV report. There is only a small production team, and the correspondents receive minimal remuneration (
Old 30 Jul 2003, 11:38 (Ref:675169)   #6
Steve Wood
Racer

Steve Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, pressed the wrong button too early !!!

....as I was saying, I speak here from personal experience.

There is, of course, room for considerable improvement. I'm not a great fan of putting narrative over a big illustration, it becomes unclear, and at times, unreadable.

I shall continue to support Ingear, both by contributions and by buying it, though I agree it can be difficult to obtain.

Bacon Sandwich, in your area, I know for sure 2 places that always stock it :- Martins in Corringham, and WH Smith in Lakeside, though strangely Smiths in Basildon or Grays never have it. I bought 5 copies from Lakeside on Saturday morning, leaving just a couple on the shelf.

For interested Brummies, I often pick up a copy from WH Smith at the Fort Shopping Park, if I'm up there on business.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 14:33 (Ref:675351)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have copies reserved for me at Croft Stores in Silverstone village, so if you're ever at Silverstone and looking for something to read during the lunch break, they will usually be able to oblige.

I like the magazine. Yes, there is a bit too much emphasis on hillclimbing and production car trialling for my taste, but those are in a very real sense the grass roots of motor sport. I can understand why they are covered, and for me that is part of the charm of the magazine.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 09:00 (Ref:676079)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
had to say i didnt renew my Subscription this year ..It was a good magazine and i did enjoy it , but i have to echo some of the previous comments .