Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 20 Jan 2004, 00:09 (Ref:843381)   #101
Brian W Keske
Racer

Brian W Keske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is with all these 'smilies'?

Perhaps the manic side of the inevetable return to depression?

Old 20 Jan 2004, 01:22 (Ref:843448)   #102
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well, Brian, when's it's the middle of January with 20o F temps and not much on the telly, the alternative is

I much prefer and and and
(although they don't quite match Brazilians, LOL And Sue will say Canadians....yummy! )
Speaking of yummy...hey, Dov! Are Tim Horton's coffee and doughnuts as good as people say they are? I must try some the next time I'm in your neck of the woods.

Last edited by MLM; 20 Jan 2004 at 01:25.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 01:37 (Ref:843459)   #103
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MLM
Hey,the more guys, the merrier in my book!
Dov, did you say 3 vs 2 OR 3 on 2?
OK, I'll be good.
BTW, 90 days until LB!!!!!!!!

Oh, I couldn't connect to this site, either (around 12-13:00 today)
OMG MLM...you crack me up!!! Like I said you and I can handle it!! You are quite the bad girl MLM Why be good...it's no fun Thanks for keeping the countdown up to date for us. You know how "off track" we get

Sue
Old 20 Jan 2004, 01:38 (Ref:843460)   #104
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian W Keske
What is with all these 'smilies'?

Perhaps the manic side of the inevetable return to depression?

Brian us nuts have to have something fun to do!

Sue
Old 20 Jan 2004, 01:42 (Ref:843463)   #105
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
I much prefer and and and
(although they don't quite match Brazilians, LOL And Sue will say Canadians....yummy! )
Speaking of yummy...hey, Dov! Are Tim Horton's coffee and doughnuts as good as people say they are? I must try some the next time I'm in your neck of the woods. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll have to agree with you on this post!! And yes those Canadian boys are YUMMY!!! I think I better not go there before I tarnish my image!! Don't you think Dov, Sweetie????

MLM we may have to road trip it up to see Dov for some

Sue
Old 20 Jan 2004, 01:48 (Ref:843467)   #106
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MLM
Are Tim Horton's coffee and doughnuts as good as people say they are? I must try some the next time I'm in your neck of the woods.
My mug says yes! Although donuts aren't quite as good now because they started freezing them in the middle of their preparation, shipping them to the stores and then finishing them off there. Canadians take their donut making very seriously !

Quote:
Originally posted by MLM
...it's the middle of January with 20o F temps...
That's balmy actually! I prefer it a little cooler .
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 20 Jan 2004, 01:55 (Ref:843471)   #107
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
My mug says yes! Although donuts aren't quite as good now because they started freezing them in the middle of their preparation, shipping them to the stores and then finishing them off there. Canadians take their donut making very seriously !

That's balmy actually! I prefer it a little cooler .
I have never heard of that place before but then again I have only been to Canada two times in my entire 34 years of living! Once when I was 5...too young to know about that and the other time was to gamble overnight in Niagara Falls and donuts weren't even on my mind!! LOL The best donut by far is a Krispy Kreme!! Those are heavenly!!!

Sue
Old 20 Jan 2004, 01:59 (Ref:843474)   #108
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.leilanimunter.com
yet another Beauty behind the wheel
what's the fascination with Canada here?
why not be in love with Reykjavik? i here it is cozy in the winter- fires and all
Old 20 Jan 2004, 02:07 (Ref:843478)   #109
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
http://www.leilanimunter.com
yet another Beauty behind the wheel
what's the fascination with Canada here?
why not be in love with Reykjavik? i here it is cozy in the winter- fires and all
My fascination with Canadian can be summed up in two words....PATRICK CARPENTIER!!! LOL

There are just so many beautiful places in Canada but that's my main reason for liking Canada!!!

Sue

P.S. Now GT if I get in trouble by Dov for posting this in response to your question I am gonna blame it all on you for starting it all over again

Umm GT she kinda reminds me of Danica Patrick

Last edited by suzmac; 20 Jan 2004 at 02:09.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 02:10 (Ref:843480)   #110
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

This is a good one, but it scares the hell out of me!

A man was sick and tired of going to work every day while his wife
> > > >stayed home. He wanted her to see what he went through so he prayed:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >"Dear Lord: I go to work every day and put in 8 hours while my wife
> > > >merely stays at home. I want her to know what I go through, so please
> > > >allow her body to switch with mine for a day. Amen."
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >God, in his infinite wisdom, granted the man's wish. The next
morning,
> > > >sure enough, the man awoke as a woman.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >He arose, cooked breakfast for his mate, awakened the kids, set out
> > > >their school clothes, fed them breakfast, packed their lunches, drove
> > > >them to school, came home and picked up the dry cleaning, took it to
> the
> > > >cleaners and stopped at the bank to make a deposit, went grocery
> > > >shopping, then drove home to put away the groceries, paid the bills
and
> > > >balanced the check book. He cleaned the cat's litter box and
> > > >bathed the dog. Then it was already 1 P.M. and he hurried to make the
> > > >beds, do the laundry, vacuum, dust, and sweep and mop the kitchen
> floor.
> > > >Ran to the school to pick up the kids and got into an argument with
> them
> > > >on the way home. Set out milk and cookies and got the kids organized
to
> > > >do their homework, then set up the ironing board and watched TV while
> he
> > > >did the ironing.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >At 4:30 he began peeling potatoes and washing vegetables for salad,
> > > >breaded the pork chops and snapped fresh beans for supper. After
> supper,
> > > >he cleaned the kitchen,ran the dishwasher, folded laundry, bathed the
> > > >kids, and put them to bed. At 9 P.M. he was exhausted and, though his
> > > >daily chores weren't finished, he went to bed where he was expected
to
> > > >make love which he managed to get through without complaint.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >The next morning, he awoke and immediately knelt by the bed and said,
> > > >"Lord,I don't know what I was thinking. I was so wrong to envy my
> wife's
> > > >being able to stay home all day. Please, oh please, let us trade
back."
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >The Lord, in his infinite wisdom, replied, "My son, I feel you have
> > > >learned your lesson and I will be happy to change things back to the
> way
> > > >they were. You'll just have to wait nine months, though. You got
> > > >pregnant last night."
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >Voted Women's Favorite Email of the Year

Old 20 Jan 2004, 02:10 (Ref:843481)   #111
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bring it on bring it on.
st. pete is rescheduled apparently anyway
to touch the thread purpose
Old 20 Jan 2004, 02:14 (Ref:843482)   #112
MLM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by suzmac
OMG MLM...you crack me up!!! Like I said you and I can handle it!! You are quite the bad girl MLM Why be good...it's no fun Thanks for keeping the countdown up to date for us. You know how "off track" we get

Sue
We certainly can handle it, Sue. Who US get off track in THIS thread? Perish the thought! hehe

Jay, is "Tim Horton's" coffee good and STRONG? I like my coffee "indutstrial strength", not the "fairy pee" type (I got THAT moniker from the Brit com show "Keeping Up Appearances" ) which sometimes passes for coffee in the US.
(in fact, one time, my Mum accidently picked up my coffee..which a brew myself.. instead of her tea as she was walking out the doorto go to my Aunt/Uncle's for the morning. Man, did she get QUITE a rude awakening when she took the 1st swig of it! I'm surprised the station wagon didn't go into a ditch! )
Old 20 Jan 2004, 02:16 (Ref:843484)   #113
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
bring it on bring it on.
st. pete is rescheduled apparently anyway
to touch the thread purpose
GT, it slipped my mind that you were "teaming" up with Dov against me and MLM!! LOL Thanks for touching base on the thread purpose!! We have to be reminded what the original thread was seeing as how me and MLM keep taking it "off track"

Very funny joke Dov...see it's not easy being a woman!!!

Sue
Old 20 Jan 2004, 02:21 (Ref:843491)   #114
MLM
Veteran

Actually, I never thought of anyone being pitted/teamed up against anyone (however, the 3 or 4 on 2...now, that's intriguing....just kidding! )

You know, maybe we should have subtitled this thread "Not for the Faint at Heart (or Wimpy of Soul)" or, to paraphrase Dante "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here (especially, if you hope to find sane converstaion! )"

Dov, I've never had kids, so the thought of being preggers is VERY scary indeed!

Last edited by MLM; 20 Jan 2004 at 02:24.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 02:24 (Ref:843492)   #115
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by MLM
We certainly can handle it, Sue. Who US get off track in THIS thread? Perish the thought! hehe

Jay, is "Tim Horton's" coffee good and STRONG? I like my coffee "indutstrial strength", not the "fairy pee" type (I got THAT moniker from the Brit com show "Keeping Up Appearances" ) which sometimes passes for coffee in the US.
(in fact, one time, my Mum accidently picked up my coffee..which a brew myself.. instead of her tea as she was walking out the doorto go to my Aunt/Uncle's for the morning. Man, did she get QUITE a rude awakening when she took the 1st swig of it! I'm surprised the station wagon didn't go into a ditch! )
We all know who's fault that is for making us get "off track" but we won't mention any names!!!

I don't like my coffee strong! I guess that would make me the "fairy pee" type coffee drinker!!! That is too funny!! My brothers watch all kinds of British TV shows too! I like the flavored coffees but I am trying to be a good girl and cut coffee out of my diet!! I would definately hate to drink the coffee you make MLM!!! No offense

Sue

Last edited by suzmac; 20 Jan 2004 at 02:25.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 02:29 (Ref:843494)   #116
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by MLM
Actually, I never thought of anyone being pitted/teamed up against anyone (however, the 3 or 4 on 2...now, that's intriguing....just kidding! )

You know, maybe we should have subtitled this thread "Not for the Faint at Heart (or Wimpy of Soul)" or, to paraphrase Dante "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here (especially, if you hope to find sane converstaion! )"

Dov, I've never had kids, so the thought of being preggers is VERY scary indeed!
OK I thought I was bad but honey you take the cake!! LOL I don't think we are teamed up but I just wanted to set the record straight with GT!! LOL

Yes we should have put a subtitle on it!! But then again if everyone else knew how much fun we were having they might want to join in or on...oh wait is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Sue
Old 20 Jan 2004, 02:31 (Ref:843495)   #117
MLM
Veteran

I do believe this lunacy started when a "certain someone" started mentioning a "certain French-Canadian" hunk running around butt neekid!

Of course, I could have reprimanded you for your lurid thoughts and tried to steer this thread back on course...but I just couldn't bring myself to hurt your feelings (man, am I laying the BS on thick or WHAT!? LOL ). So, I guess I just had no choice but to play along and continue discussing naked Canadians, hehe(but not Paul Tracy....ewwwwwww! )

It takes a hearty soul to stand my coffee...like my sense of humour, it's definitely NOT for the faint of heart!

ps...I really have shown quite a bit of restraint on this thread. I haven't started to discuss Bruno or Tiago....OMG, look out if I do!!!!

Last edited by MLM; 20 Jan 2004 at 02:37.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 02:43 (Ref:843500)   #118
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by MLM
I do believe this lunacy started when a "certain someone" started mentioning a "certain French-Canadian" hunk running around butt neekid!

Of course, I could have reprimanded you for your lurid thoughts and tried to steer this thread back on course...but I just couldn't bring myself to hurt your feelings (man, am I laying the BS on thick or WHAT!? LOL ). So, I guess I just had no choice but to play along and continue discussing naked Canadians, hehe(but not Paul Tracy....ewwwwwww! )

It takes a hearty soul to stand my coffee...like my sense of humour, it's definitely NOT for the faint of heart!

ps...I really have shown quite a bit of restraint on this thread. I haven't started to discuss Bruno or Tiago....OMG, look out if I do!!!!
The guilty party knows who he is!! LOL Oh don't get those thoughts started in my head again We can discuss "certain nekkid French Canadians" but not that "other Canadian"....EWW comes to mind with that one!!

The sense of humor is great!! I love it but the coffee and me would not get along!! LOL

If you want to talk about certain Brazilians be my guest. You know I won't mind but I can't participate in a Bruno discussion because he doesn't do anything for me. On the other hand Tiago has got something going on!!

P.S. You realize we are gonna get an earful from Dov when he catches up reading all these posts that you and I put on here!! Oh sh*t my image will forever be tarnished!!!

Sue
Old 20 Jan 2004, 03:01 (Ref:843505)   #119
MLM
Veteran

image, my foot! LOL Oh, my "virgin eyes" will never be the same!
(the sound you hear ladies and gentlemen, is of Sue and Dov gagging, LOL )

Good thing I finished my Pepsi (yes, I'm going the "non alcoholic route this evening ) or else I would have had THAT splattered all over the place!

How, no prob about the coffee and Bruno.....diversity is what makes the world(and certainly THIS thread) interesting.
God knows, you REALLY need to have an open-mind to participate (or even READ)this thread, hehe

On that note, Kiddies, I'm off to bed.
Good night,sleep tight, and don't let the "Bedbugs" bite!
(but if mine look like Bruno or Tiago, I'll just bite them back, LOL )
Tchau, keep warm, see y'all probably tomorrow!

ps...I have a scathingly, brilliant idea (yes, I DO get them every once in a while,hehe). We ought to meet up in the chat room someday!

Last edited by MLM; 20 Jan 2004 at 03:05.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 05:12 (Ref:843569)   #120
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by suzmac
I have never heard of that place before but then again I have only been to Canada two times in my entire 34 years of living! Once when I was 5...too young to know about that and the other time was to gamble overnight in Niagara Falls and donuts weren't even on my mind!! LOL The best donut by far is a Krispy Kreme!! Those are heavenly!!!
You haven't seen Canada if you haven't seen a Tim's . They're everywhere! And there's always a huge lineup! The donuts are different from Kirspy Kreme - smaller, not quite as much fat - usually topped with something or stuffed with cream. Probably not as fresh as Krispy Kreme now though Hopefully that'll change...

MLM, the coffee is strong, but not in the way that Starbucks is (which has a burnt flavour IMO). Tim's is all about the taste though - I take a "double, single" (two sugar, one cream). It might not be strong enough for you, but try it out anyway while you're here .
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 20 Jan 2004, 05:40 (Ref:843577)   #121
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a good story about the Tim Horton's in Camrose Alberta. It involves some tomato soup, a bunch of engineering students, an excessive amount of alcohol, and the bathroom... that's about all I'm going to say...
Old 20 Jan 2004, 16:34 (Ref:844239)   #122
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
You haven't seen Canada if you haven't seen a Tim's . They're everywhere! And there's always a huge lineup! The donuts are different from Kirspy Kreme - smaller, not quite as much fat - usually topped with something or stuffed with cream. Probably not as fresh as Krispy Kreme now though Hopefully that'll change...

MLM, the coffee is strong, but not in the way that Starbucks is (which has a burnt flavour IMO). Tim's is all about the taste though - I take a "double, single" (two sugar, one cream). It might not be strong enough for you, but try it out anyway while you're here .
Well, Jay I guess I will have to take a trip up there someday and experience it What good is a donut if there's no fat??? Actually I need to stay away from all that stuff right now but by the time I get around to coming up there maybe I can have one Krispy Kreme's are so light and fluffy it feels like there's nothing to em!

Starbucks is my favorite!! We usually go there when we are working because there is one right across the street from the hospital that I work at! We make a huge list and have someone do the "Starbucks run". YUMMY! I have been avoiding that too though

Sue
Old 20 Jan 2004, 16:37 (Ref:844245)   #123
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by Omega99
I have a good story about the Tim Horton's in Camrose Alberta. It involves some tomato soup, a bunch of engineering students, an excessive amount of alcohol, and the bathroom... that's about all I'm going to say...
Umm Omega I am not sure that I want to hear this story!! LOL But I can relate...I can share some icky stories like that too but I will spare you of that!!

Sue
Old 20 Jan 2004, 19:09 (Ref:844410)   #124
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Omega99
You too?
Old 20 Jan 2004, 19:15 (Ref:844422)   #125
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Umm...let's not take the thread down this road..okay???

Sue