Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 May 2012, 21:59 (Ref:3078539)   #51
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
If I've missed the comment elsewhere, forgive me, and I'll ask James to accept my apology for 'interloping' in what is very much his 'party', but I'm sure it goes without saying that those of us who have been lucky enough to be allocated places on the tour are thereby committing to be there. The last thing we would want to happen is for only 18 people to turn up as firstly Toyota will wonder why we couldn't apparently generate enough interest to get the full 20 there and, perhaps more importantly, some unlucky people will miss out.

Looking at the list, this caution should be completely unnecessary, but I do think it needs to be said......
I think I made brief reference to this at the start of my first 2012 garage visit thread, although I was saving my 'soapbox' version for my next installment on this thread. But, it's something which simply cannot be reiterated enough times, so your post is very much appreciated. I expect 100% attendance!

Over the next few days, I shall need to exchange mobile numbers with those of you whose numbers I don't already have (vincegail and NelisB for sure). I will send you PM's.
Old 23 May 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3078541)   #52
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Over the next few days, I shall need to exchange mobile numbers with those of you whose numbers I don't already have (vincegail and NelisB for sure). I will send you PM's.
wewantourdarbyback (needs a better username) but will be attending the race with me James so we'll be there. If possible it would be good to be in the same 10. Hopefully you've got my number from last year. Drop me a PM if not. It's fair to say we're both pretty excited.
Old 23 May 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3078543)   #53
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
wewantourdarbyback (needs a better username) but will be attending the race with me James so we'll be there. If possible it would be good to be in the same 10. Hopefully you've got my number from last year. Drop me a PM if not. It's fair to say we're both pretty excited.
Yep, I knew he was with you.....and yes, we really must do something about his username!!!!

(I've still got your number)
Old 23 May 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3078544)   #54
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

My only slight concern is if there's a queue for the tram (Drivers Parade). Has anyone done that journey into town at that time of day on the Friday?
We've been on the Friday mid-afternoon trams in years gone by. No great problem, though queuing hardly comes into it. More best-guessing where the doors will be and diving in.

Last tram which will connect with Robert's train is 16.23 from Antares.
Old 23 May 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3078545)   #55
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Christopher and James: thanks for your feedback. As we move closer to solid times, worst case scenario, I'll take the late train and miss the dinner with my US group. Seeing Toyota with you guys is far more important. Either way, we'll figure something out over the next few days. But I'm a solid 100% for being there and I'll make sure I get you my phone number ASAP.
Old 23 May 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3078546)   #56
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
We've been on the Friday mid-afternoon trams in years gone by. No great problem, though queuing hardly comes into it. More best-guessing where the doors will be and diving in.

Last tram which will connect with Robert's train is 16.23 from Antares.
The 16:23 sounds like it would be cutting things extremely fine at the 'gare' end of his journey. He'd need to take the one before, just to be on the safe side, don't you think?
Old 23 May 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3078550)   #57
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The 16:23 sounds like it would be cutting things extremely fine at the 'gare' end of his journey. He'd need to take the one before, just to be on the safe side, don't you think?
Gets to the station at 16.40.
Yes I agree, to be safe the previous tram is at 16.13 arrives 16.30.
Old 23 May 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3078556)   #58
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Gets to the station at 16.40.
Yes I agree, to be safe the previous tram is at 16.13 arrives 16.30.
Appreciate all your help with this. Gives Robert some clarity on his predicament.

Very much looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks!
Old 23 May 2012, 23:37 (Ref:3078576)   #59
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
F-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c !!! I'm deeply gratefull to have been honoured with the chance to see the Toyota worksteam up close and personal.

Thanks a lot Bentley03/James and Toyota/Oreca !

Old 24 May 2012, 04:14 (Ref:3078614)   #60
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
This is going to be awesome, last year we visited Audi and look they won......

thank you very much James,I now feel very honoured to be part of the lucky few
Old 24 May 2012, 05:30 (Ref:3078627)   #61
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
I'm staying down in Tours with my US tour group. I have a 9AM train that arrives in Le Mans around 10:30 and a return train that leaves around 4:30.
Robert, if we have a sunny friday, I go to the circuit with my motorbike. If you're not afraid I could help you to go to the trainstation in a shorter time driving quietly of course.
Old 24 May 2012, 06:33 (Ref:3078639)   #62
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Thanks James
Old 24 May 2012, 07:08 (Ref:3078653)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Robert, if we have a sunny friday, I go to the circuit with my motorbike. If you're not afraid I could help you to go to the trainstation in a shorter time driving quietly of course.
That's a kind offer Eric - are you up for it Robert?
Old 24 May 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3078793)   #64
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's a kind offer Eric - are you up for it Robert?
That's an incredibly kind offer, thank you Eric. At this point, how do I say no. Between Christopher's timing and scheduling feedback and now your offer Eric, this just shows me the quality of members we have here.

Until we get a better idea of what time our visit is, I'm going to keep any and all options wide open...later train rides, motorcycles, hitchhiking, jet-packs...I'm going to be in good shape to get to and from the track and my hotel. Thanks guys.
Old 24 May 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3078803)   #65
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Don't do it! French motorcyclists are all MENTAL...

Seriously, congratulations to you all on the tour, they have to go some to beat Audi! (Perhaps they'll have Truth in 24 II DVDs???)

I'll be about to grab some shots anyway.
Old 24 May 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3078826)   #66
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Don't do it! French motorcyclists are all MENTAL...

Seriously, congratulations to you all on the tour, they have to go some to beat Audi! (Perhaps they'll have Truth in 24 II DVDs???)

I'll be about to grab some shots anyway.
Old 24 May 2012, 14:08 (Ref:3078833)   #67
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I rest my case, m'lud!
(Go read Joe Bar if you don't believe me...)
Old 24 May 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3078834)   #68
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Joe Bar Team is a very funny comic!
Old 24 May 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3078838)   #69
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Perhaps they'll have Truth in 24 II DVDs.

Make your own !!
http://truth-in-24.com/
Old 24 May 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3078839)   #70
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Appreciate all your help with this. Gives Robert some clarity on his predicament.

Very much looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks!
No trouble at all. That's what the forum is for, as for as I'm concerned.

As for I'm very much looking forward to seeing you too!
Old 24 May 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3078850)   #71
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
...later train rides, motorcycles, hitchhiking, jet-packs...
... and if all else fails we've got a gazebo in the campsite, you can use the floor to doss on.
Old 24 May 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3078857)   #72
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think I made brief reference to this at the start of my first 2012 garage visit thread, although I was saving my 'soapbox' version for my next installment on this thread. But, it's something which simply cannot be reiterated enough times, so your post is very much appreciated. I expect 100% attendance!

I´ve send you a PM for the phone number.
Old 24 May 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3078862)   #73
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Thank you James I'm very happy to be part of the visit.
Old 24 May 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3078870)   #74
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Brilliant James, I will be there, hopefully will be finished at the classic show in plenty of time, if not will leave the rest of the MOB there and make my own way back. Let me know if you want any help on the day.
Old 24 May 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3078922)   #75
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James, congratulations on pulling this visit off ! I'm sure that the top 20 will love the visit as I did with Rebellion in '09 and Audi last year. I'll be having a lazy morning at our campsite this year, followed by a wander up to the Great British Welcome and then onto the driver's parade.
I'm sure that I'll bump into some of you at some point over the weekend .