Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3089466)   #26
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Unfortunately, the offer came at relatively short notice, which means that those who would have adjusted their plans to accommodate being a part of this, have been unable to.

That said, I was aware that we may struggle to find 20 actual members at short notice, so had already pinpointed a few candidadtes to invite as guests of 10Tenths (one being Dominique, bernard b's friend. He's an integral part of the annual Tenths Saturday meeting and definitely one of us in all but forum membership).

Tim, I've noted your Thursday request. Gilles Lives! and wewantourdarbyback, are you asking for an extra place for Wednesday or Thursday or either? I have also had PM's from a couple of longstanding members with similar requests, one of which I would particularly like to accommodate if at all possible.

I need to speak to Audi before going down this line, but I have a sense we may need to do so if we are to deliver a full compliment of 20.
It's for either day, we're easy.

For me, Simmi and our friend Ranvir.

Thanks.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3089477)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I've never been at Le Mans, so don't know where the fan area is
The new village is a large concrete area behind the pits with shops on either side and the huge AUDI sponsered monument at one end it is quite high up and overlooks the pits you can't miss it, somewhere presumably close to the audi sign will be a display of cars, the shops are mostly filled with expensive stuff but the area between is very open with a few new trees and seats. Don't worry we will find you, check the old meet photo's to see what some of us look like, or ask any white haired english standing around it might be me.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3089480)   #28
davec
Racer

United Kingdom
davec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really need to get to Le-Mans next year, every year I put it off for one reason and another. I even have 2 seasoned experts Elavial and GT6 to tag along with now. Maybe next year, im sure my wife wont mind me leaving for a few days!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 11:01 (Ref:3089482)   #29
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
if there is still place left then please for me the thursday +1 ( if possible)
Old 12 Jun 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3089491)   #30
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Either, wednesday or thursday, hope I'll be considered.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 11:32 (Ref:3089497)   #31
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davec View Post
I really need to get to Le-Mans next year, every year I put it off for one reason and another. I even have 2 seasoned experts Elavial and GT6 to tag along with now. Maybe next year, im sure my wife wont mind me leaving for a few days!
You can always make sure that your wife realy wouldn't mind....
Old 12 Jun 2012, 12:47 (Ref:3089528)   #32
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
OK, on a ferry tonight, arriving tomorrow. Fingers crossed for Thursday.
I won't have much chance to catch up until I'm over there...

Good luck, one and all, and I am content if I cannot go because I have a sprog in tow.

Thanks to Florian and Audi for the offer.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 13:08 (Ref:3089538)   #33
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a good trip down Tim, I've got to wait until Thurs morning 5.50 am for our crossing and one more night at work. I hate this waiting for it all to begin business !
Old 12 Jun 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3089571)   #34
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, I've spoken with Audi, and the +1 situation they understand and are happy with. The Wednesday group is going to fall into place quite easily, but Thursday is a way off being settled and I'm sorry to say there will be some disappointments. Apologies in advance, I will try to be as fair as I can, and if needs be I will place names in a hat and ask Ayse to draw the names of those who will take the final places.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3089582)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And as everyone knows, I do have the hat!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3089589)   #36
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wednesday full - confirmed as set out below:

Wednesday Group: please meet me at 21:30 at the Audi Fan Area in the village (this is NOT the shop but the larger area where there will be cars on display).

aysedasi
tonypowe
vincegail
batmobile
batmobile (brother)
lemansfan
lemansfan (friend Tom)
Simmi
Simmi (friend Ranvir)
wewantourdarbyback

Looking forward to seeing you all at 21:30 tomorrow (Wednesday)!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 14:10 (Ref:3089592)   #37
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
CAMERAS ARE ALLOWED

Cameras - ABSOLUTELY!

This is most definitely an opportunity for photographers. Please bring cameras and make the most of the uninterrupted views.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3089598)   #38
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Cameras - ABSOLUTELY!

This is most definitely an opportunity for photographers. Please bring cameras and make the most of the uninterrupted views.
Thank you!
I really hope to get a spot on the Thursday group
Old 12 Jun 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3089600)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Cameras - ABSOLUTELY!

But you have to leave the lens caps on........
Old 12 Jun 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3089608)   #40
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But you have to leave the lens caps on........
I will actually be rolling on the floor laughing, if Audi pulled that
Old 12 Jun 2012, 15:19 (Ref:3089620)   #41
FKWD2
Rookie

FKWD2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFKWD2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I will actually be rolling on the floor laughing, if Audi pulled that
and as it will be dry, warm and sunny, there is no danger catching a cold when doing so...

....actually there will be a technically advanced counterflash system that detects pictures being taken and replaces the image with a Peugeot 908 picture from last season....
Old 12 Jun 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3089622)   #42
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Haha!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 15:49 (Ref:3089632)   #43
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davec View Post
im pretty sure we can get little one into it too Dave! He did look rather cute in his racing cars baby grow today. Not sure mummy would appreciate you getting him into racing too much though!

Last edited by Elaviel; 12 Jun 2012 at 16:00.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3089734)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKWD2 View Post
and as it will be dry, warm and sunny, there is no danger catching a cold when doing so...

You see? What do I keep telling you guys?

Even Audi believe me now.........
Old 12 Jun 2012, 19:38 (Ref:3089740)   #45
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If there is room for me and my mate Phil (i think his tenths username is eps or epsracing) on Thursday that would be nice. But if there's anyone who is not going on the Toyota trip then they can gladly go ahead of us.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3089755)   #46
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
If there is room for me and my mate Phil (i think his tenths username is eps or epsracing) on Thursday that would be nice. But if there's anyone who is not going on the Toyota trip then they can gladly go ahead of us.
Sorry to say Thursday is very oversubscribed, so I'm going to have to disappoint you on this one (along with a number of others).

Safe journey, and I shall look forward to seeing you on Friday!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3089761)   #47
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
Just how tempting is this !
I'm down with my seventeen year old son and can only really go if he could too, a big ask I know, please only consider if you need to fill the spaces.
Thanks .
Genuinely sorry to say I'm going to have to disappoint you and your son......too many deserving members requesting places and some 'special cases' I feel I must accommodate. Sorry!

Old 12 Jun 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3089766)   #48
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Genuinely sorry to say I'm going to have to disappoint you and your son......too many deserving members requesting places and some 'special cases' I feel I must accommodate. Sorry!

That's ok James, he hasn't been for a number of years and it would have been a nice surprise, but he's going to love being down there no matter what !
Hope it all goes well
Old 12 Jun 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3089773)   #49
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Either, wednesday or thursday, hope I'll be considered.
I'm going to have to disappoint you too.......

But, please don't let this put you off. You are a very new member, too new to be considered on this occasion. Keep reading and posting, become a regular contributor to the forum, and I'm sure by next year you'll be in a position to confidently put your name forward for a place on one of our Le Mans 'treats' and be considered alongside all our other regular contributors.

Hope to meet you at the Saturday meeting!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3089789)   #50
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
When will the lucky "winners" of Thursday be displayed?