Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 26 May 2020, 11:35 (Ref:3978376)   #301
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've applied for a refund, so far no confirmation by mail, you would expect a mail to tell you you have got a 'voucher' to be spend in 2021. Afterall, it is about a lot of money. I don't understand why my tickets can't be valed for 2021. That saves me the trouble to buy new ones and I know what I'll get.
Old 29 May 2020, 09:58 (Ref:3979107)   #302
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wording is a little unclear so I have applied for credit note.
Acknowledged by email and will see what happens. With chances of anything not behind closed doors looking less than 50/50 - if we can even leave the country and return under sensible terms - seems the best route to take ... Is my 1996-2019 run about to end ?
Old 29 May 2020, 11:59 (Ref:3979136)   #303
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess I'm still hoping not - my run is 1986-2019....
Old 29 May 2020, 14:06 (Ref:3979164)   #304
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If it takes place and we are allowed to attend i will be there
Old 29 May 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3979165)   #305
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
If it takes place and we are allowed to attend i will be there
Old 29 May 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3979228)   #306
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will be there if we are allowed. even 2 weeks quarantine coming home will not put me off, if that ever gets put in place.

Sean
Old 2 Jun 2020, 07:47 (Ref:3979729)   #307
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After hesitating for a while...I decided not to take the refund.
It means I will be there! the 4th time
Hopefully we will enjoy a very fast and record braking race, at least for the distance covered by the winner....
Secretly I still hope, that Rebellion comes up with something and miracoulosly wins...
Old 2 Jun 2020, 08:02 (Ref:3979731)   #308
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
I will be there if we are allowed. even 2 weeks quarantine coming home will not put me off, if that ever gets put in place.

Sean
It appears that this 14 day plan may be subject to change.
Old 2 Jun 2020, 08:06 (Ref:3979733)   #309
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It appears that anything the UK government says these days is subject to change ...

I sense that the reality for those of us in the UK is which countries will allow us to go there.
Old 2 Jun 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3979746)   #310
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's still a long time to go. Relatively speaking, if you compare what has happened since the virus 'broke' on us and where we are now. The major concern is the ACO making decisions about if and what they're going to do - and how they're going to do it. We can all say, if it happens, I'll be there (I'm saying it too), but there is a big risk that if it does go ahead (and we don't have the abomination of a race behind closed doors), to what extent will they limit and control the numbers attending.....?
Old 2 Jun 2020, 10:23 (Ref:3979768)   #311
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You are right Andrew, i do wonder about what the ACO would do about Camping?. Not sure how they could allow sites full of people and tiny shower/toilet blocks, but then again it is 3 months away now so fingers crossed we will be there.
Old 2 Jun 2020, 12:18 (Ref:3979799)   #312
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I've wondered about camping too Simon. If it happens, I can see pitches being severely reduced (in number). Same goes for grandstands and the various viewing areas.
Old 2 Jun 2020, 12:38 (Ref:3979810)   #313
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well unless i can get to a barbers before September i will be the one 2 metres away that looks like an old english sheep dog, sweating under a thick coat of white hair.
Old 2 Jun 2020, 13:03 (Ref:3979822)   #314
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No haircut yet? My wife did mine about three weeks ago. Decent job, I have to say!
Old 2 Jun 2020, 14:58 (Ref:3979846)   #315
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No haircut yet? My wife did mine about three weeks ago. Decent job, I have to say!
Well as no wife, i was forced to cut some off the front, as with roof down on the car it kept blowing in my eyes, but lets say it is now longer than when i was in my teens but now platinum blonde. I suppose i should be grateful that i am losing it.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 14:12 (Ref:3980150)   #316
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
24H Moto on last weekend of August now behind closed doors. Going from that to 120,000 crowd three weeks later feels...optimistic.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 14:21 (Ref:3980153)   #317
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
The ACO has just announced that the Bike 24 hours on 29/30 August will be held without spectators.
A big step from that to a full house of 200k or so spectators in mid-September
Anyopenroad beat me to the same conclusion.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 14:28 (Ref:3980157)   #318
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just re confirmed my booking for September with travel destinations but they were equally realistic however, my chunnel bookings are also confirmed.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 14:51 (Ref:3980162)   #319
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
The ACO has just announced that the Bike 24 hours on 29/30 August will be held without spectators.
A big step from that to a full house of 200k or so spectators in mid-September
Anyopenroad beat me to the same conclusion.
GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 4 Jun 2020, 15:10 (Ref:3980170)   #320
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We will see what happens, but fingers are still crossed.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 15:13 (Ref:3980172)   #321
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The 24 Hours Moto (August 29/30) without spectators
Article: https://endurance24.fr/les-24-heures...t-a-huis-clos/
Old 4 Jun 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3980197)   #322
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A decision on the big event can't be far away, I guess. Close doors, postponed again or cancelled.....? I'm going to be like a bear with a very sore head if they hold it behind closed doors......
Old 4 Jun 2020, 18:33 (Ref:3980209)   #323
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess that two major events in a row with a lot of people is a risk for a cluster point of view. Therefore, if you have to choose between on or the other, you go for the original 24 hours....
Old 4 Jun 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3980214)   #324
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique View Post
I guess that two major events in a row with a lot of people is a risk for a cluster point of view. Therefore, if you have to choose between on or the other, you go for the original 24 hours....
i hope you are right
Old 4 Jun 2020, 21:43 (Ref:3980234)   #325
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't imagine the ACO closing the roads and prepare the 13.600 km circuit, asking to more than 1000 marshals and officials to come... without spectators ? It looks easier for the bikes on the Bugatti.