Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 May 2020, 11:41 (Ref:3979294)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very interesting to see Gregor Huttu in the Verstappen/Norris car. Huttu is quite a legend of sim racing. He was one of the original 'alien' drivers in GPL. He could well blow the professionals away.....

Actually, the comparison between the pros and the sim-racers could prove to be quite interesting.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 30 May 2020 at 11:48.
Old 30 May 2020, 13:58 (Ref:3979302)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My expectation is that the the pro sims are quicker than the pro racers. Some of the racers might be close. Norris, for instance, takes this seriously.
Old 30 May 2020, 15:09 (Ref:3979307)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think one or two (or more) of the pros are going to be quite surprised....
Old 30 May 2020, 22:01 (Ref:3979364)   #29
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I guess it's better than nothing, isn't it?
Should also have the 24hr series at Portimao the same time (albeit with a low car count)

I'm hoping 2 halves can make a whole
Old 2 Jun 2020, 19:06 (Ref:3979870)   #30
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And can we think at the virtual weather for these virtual 24h? Maybe it could be a good idea to look at this virtual race...............
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20200602-192941_My Weather App.jpg  
Old 3 Jun 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3979984)   #31
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, I'll probably take a look. A merguez would be nice if I can find some for the barbecue. I won't be staying up all night though!
Amazon.co.uk is your friend!! (tried and tested)

I've ordered these twice now, they arrived next day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We barbecued half of them and froze the other half. They didn't last long!

Ordered two packs... One lot straight into the Freezer.
Old 3 Jun 2020, 13:41 (Ref:3979987)   #32
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
The 3 Veloce teams will be worth watching out for.

I'm looking forward to it, tent? check! barbecue? check! beer? check! Merguez? check!

Of course a massive shame that it's not the real event, but some of the SRO races I've watched or caught highlights of have had quite a LM24 feel to them - cosy and familiar whilst being novel.
Old 8 Jun 2020, 14:16 (Ref:3980827)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Does anyone know yet just how we tune in to the virtual race?
Old 8 Jun 2020, 14:17 (Ref:3980829)   #34
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Does anyone know yet just how we tune in to the virtual race?
I guess here will be the links to the stream: 24virtual.lemansesports.com

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk
Old 8 Jun 2020, 14:39 (Ref:3980831)   #35
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
I guess here will be the links to the stream: 24virtual.lemansesports.com

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk
MotorsportTV has a stream ready and waiting, but it's not clear when it will start or if you have to have a paid for account or not.

According to my son, who's more in tune with such things, there will be driver live feeds on twitch.tv so worth signing up to that as well - it could either be tremendous or terrible.. there's a famine of info. and you could just end up with too many competing live feeds to watch or view at the same time...!!?!
Old 8 Jun 2020, 14:44 (Ref:3980832)   #36
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
MotorsportTV has a stream ready and waiting, but it's not clear when it will start or if you have to have a paid for account or not.

According to my son, who's more in tune with such things, there will be driver live feeds on twitch.tv so worth signing up to that as well - it could either be tremendous or terrible.. there's a famine of info. and you could just end up with too many competing live feeds to watch or view at the same time...!!?!
Motorsports tv say that they will be showing the race live from 2pm - I assume UK time, which will coincide with a 3pm CET start for the race
Old 8 Jun 2020, 14:49 (Ref:3980833)   #37
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Motorsports tv say that they will be showing the race live from 2pm - I assume UK time, which will coincide with a 3pm CET start for the race
so just the race, no build up, no preamble.. If this was F1 there would be more info. and announcements surrounding it.
Old 8 Jun 2020, 15:18 (Ref:3980835)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
This is supposed to be the le 24 hour race, so does anyone know how the vitual race system will account for normal things that happen in the race, breakdowns, punctures, mishaps in the pit lane and all the other incidents that make the race interesting
Old 8 Jun 2020, 15:34 (Ref:3980837)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think the RF2 model accounts for accident damage, tyre wear, refueling and so on. I don't think it will account for mistakes made in the pits though....
Old 8 Jun 2020, 15:43 (Ref:3980839)   #40
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see the Toyota entries have passed scrutineering.

https://twitter.com/toyota_hybrid/st...374272000?s=21
Old 8 Jun 2020, 16:28 (Ref:3980849)   #41
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think the RF2 model accounts for accident damage, tyre wear, refueling and so on. I don't think it will account for mistakes made in the pits though....
So what about breakdowns, if all cars run perfectly then were is the endurance racing in that?
Old 8 Jun 2020, 17:12 (Ref:3980860)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I believe that the damage model will simulate mechanical failures, engine blowups, gearbox problems, possibly even punctures, but I'm not sure (as GPL did that over 20 ears ago, RF2 should!). But I guess it won't simulate the mechanic who makes a boo-boo at a pit stop....
Old 8 Jun 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3980877)   #43
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Quote:
I believe that the damage model will simulate mechanical failures, engine blowups, gearbox problems, possibly even punctures, but I'm not sure (as GPL did that over 20 ears ago, RF2 should!). But I guess it won't simulate the mechanic who makes a boo-boo at a pit stop....
Might be a good race for ByKolles!!
Old 9 Jun 2020, 12:56 (Ref:3980976)   #44
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
This is supposed to be the le 24 hour race, so does anyone know how the vitual race system will account for normal things that happen in the race, breakdowns, punctures, mishaps in the pit lane and all the other incidents that make the race interesting
https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/the-u...al-part-2/6754

This link covers off a lot of in-race eventualities. It also says there will be more TV/streaming news later today.

A lot of the deals for broadcast will be coming together quite late so not a real surprise we're slightly in the dark.
Old 9 Jun 2020, 16:32 (Ref:3981005)   #45
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Plus plenty of drivers will be streaming their perspective live on Twitch or Youtube.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 09:30 (Ref:3981098)   #46
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Telly stuff announced - I've only copied the European coverage stuff, but link is in there to full info.

https://www.lemans.org/en/news/espn-...-virtual/53873...

"The 24 Hours of Le Mans Virtual will be screened in its entirety on Eurosport Player and in three different time slots on Eurosport 1 (13:30-16:00 BST on Saturday, 19:00-21:00 BST on Saturday and 12:00-14:15 BST on Sunday)."

A host of major broadcasters including ESPN in the USA and Eurosport pan Europe and pan Asia will televise the inaugural 24 Hours of Le Mans Virtual, bringing the exhilarating combined world of motorsport and esports to a potential 400 million plus homes across the globe.

A special TV show covering this unique event this will be produced live from Paris and will include an expert commentary team made up of nine-time Le Mans winner Tom Kristensen and the 2013 FIA World Endurance Champion, Allan McNish. Also commentating on the virtual race will be endurance experts Martin Haven and Ben Constanduros plus pitlane reporter Hayley Edmonds

Europe
With names on the entry list such as Fernando Alonso, Jenson Button, Sébastien Buemi, Olivier Panis, Jan Magnussen and Stoffel Vandoorne, there are star names from across the continent taking part. Pan Europe, Eurosport will air the first 2.5 hours as it happens on linear channels, a further 2.5 hours in the evening with the final 5 hours also broadcast live. Eurosport Player will show the 24-hours of racing in its entirety for all customers in Europe. Eurosport is free to air in Germany and the DACH regions, with a potential reach of 72 million homes. Furthermore, Motorsport.TV’s OTT platform will also show the full race live as well as on linear TV in Russia.

In France, fans have the option of tuning into Eurosport on TV, but they can also watch the virtual action via France TV’s OTT platform, which will show approximately six hours of the race live.

With the addition of Charles Leclerc, Antonio Giovinazzi, Felipe Massa and Giancarlo Fisichella to the Ferrari line ups, fans in Italy can also tune in to the full 24 hours live from home on TV channel Sky Italia, the host broadcaster for F1 in the country. Interest is high in Denmark, and residents will be able to view the entire race live on sports broadcaster TV 2 while RTBF will show a special report in Belgium the day prior to the event. RTBF Auvio will show the race in full in Belgium.

OTT platform ViaPlay will broadcast Le Mans Virtual live in its entirety across Sweden, Norway and Finland. Finally, free-air-broadcaster RTL7 will show approximately 9 hours of the race live in the Netherlands, positive news for Dutch fans who will be eager to cheer on home driver, Max Verstappen. The race will also be shown in full on OTT platform, RTL GP.

Last edited by eps; 10 Jun 2020 at 09:35. Reason: url incorrect
Old 10 Jun 2020, 23:13 (Ref:3981226)   #47
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Link to watch the full race at 24 Heures du Mans YouTube channel.
Broadcast starts 30 minutes before the race start.

Spotter guide

Team entries

Hope this helps!
Old 10 Jun 2020, 23:15 (Ref:3981227)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Thanks for the link. I was looking for that the other day.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 15:25 (Ref:3981366)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
Link to watch the full race at 24 Heures du Mans YouTube channel.
Broadcast starts 30 minutes before the race start.

Spotter guide

Team entries

Hope this helps!
Thanks very much for this.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 16:50 (Ref:3981384)   #50
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks indeed

For those of us who are, er, less than technically minded, such information is much appreciated.