Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Mar 2020, 07:29 (Ref:3964443)   #1
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2020 LM Postponed (was Am I the only one...?)

Am I the only one, who has a sneaky feeling that our most loved race in June is in threat??
Old 16 Mar 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3964474)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
Am I the only one, who has a sneaky feeling that our most loved race in June is in threat??
i fear you may be right and i think pa is even more at rest
Old 16 Mar 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3964518)   #3
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, that reality seems more and more likely now.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3964520)   #4
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
How integrated LM24 in French infrastructure is? I mean, is it possible to hold the event at another time of year? Are july and august way to hot? Is september or october way to severe?
Old 16 Mar 2020, 12:43 (Ref:3964523)   #5
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Even if the virus threat is [largely] over by then, part supply and logistics issues may make holding the race impossible.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 13:05 (Ref:3964531)   #6
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
How integrated LM24 in French infrastructure is? I mean, is it possible to hold the event at another time of year? Are july and august way to hot? Is september or october way to severe?
July is workable. August less so. Circuit de la Sarthe is already booked up in July for a major event and that may be possible.

In August, a combination of many French workers being on holiday and the increased demand on the roads from tourists within the country - as well as Europe - may mean the area simply couldn't cope with the increased demand.

The race has happened in September before. That would be more likely than August.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 13:15 (Ref:3964534)   #7
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
July is workable. August less so. Circuit de la Sarthe is already booked up in July for a major event and that may be possible.

In August, a combination of many French workers being on holiday and the increased demand on the roads from tourists within the country - as well as Europe - may mean the area simply couldn't cope with the increased demand.

The race has happened in September before. That would be more likely than August.

Well, september should be tricky weatherwise, we could see an interesting race with sun setting ca. at 20:00!
Old 16 Mar 2020, 16:53 (Ref:3964608)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i fear you may be right and i think pa is even more at rest
Your Dad is taking a rest?
Old 16 Mar 2020, 19:30 (Ref:3964662)   #9
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
April 15 fingers crossed.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 19:33 (Ref:3964666)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
April 15 fingers crossed.
I think you'll need to cross your toes and go out and find a four-leaf clover Rene if you're hoping it'll still be on.....
Old 16 Mar 2020, 19:37 (Ref:3964672)   #11
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think you'll need to cross your toes and go out and find a four-leaf clover Rene if you're hoping it'll still be on.....
I think I can do that.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 19:40 (Ref:3964673)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Haven't trusted much of what the guy ever says, but the POTUS just said July or August for us 'cross the pond to be in the clear....maybe. Possibly. Again. I have trust issues!

Too much happening all at once.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 20:16 (Ref:3964685)   #13
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
would make sense to swap Le Mans for a later WEC event as most key teams and drivers already available - need to keep them free.

1st weekend of October hopefully
Old 16 Mar 2020, 20:17 (Ref:3964686)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Your Dad is taking a rest?
It was supposed to say that spa is even more at risk, but that was before spa was cancelled and the ACO put out it's message. thinks move fast.
Now the prime minister has said that as a diabetic i must stay in doors for 3 months to avoid catching covid19.

So choice is go mad and survive Covid 19 or take a chance with going out and risk catching something that has a risk factor of 1 in 100.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 23:12 (Ref:3964738)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Isn’t the risk about 1/100 overall. Some group less, some more risk. ?
Old 17 Mar 2020, 11:32 (Ref:3964849)   #16
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
...many French workers being on holiday ....
I was thinking about this on my morning stroll (in lieu of commuting to work), I'm sure the countries that have big summer time shutdowns are going to have to knock it on the head this year and get back to work to make up for the 2 or 3 months of isolation we're undergoing.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 11:42 (Ref:3964853)   #17
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I was thinking about this on my morning stroll (in lieu of commuting to work), I'm sure the countries that have big summer time shutdowns are going to have to knock it on the head this year and get back to work to make up for the 2 or 3 months of isolation we're undergoing.
Here in Denmark, everybody who cannot work from home is more or less forced to take their vacation now in order to save their jobs. So it might adjust itself quite naturally. (Depending on the holiday/vacation laws of the country)
Old 17 Mar 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3964862)   #18
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
would make sense to swap Le Mans for a later WEC event as most key teams and drivers already available - need to keep them free.

1st weekend of October hopefully

Who knows If someone dares to cancel the LM24. Of course in this situation there are no rules...

How could affect the october month the race outcome? Tyre temperatures, engine and brake cooling...with adjustements we could see interesting solutions, faster lap times, less engine failure, tyre life etc...
Old 17 Mar 2020, 12:41 (Ref:3964863)   #19
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Who knows If someone dares to cancel the LM24. Of course in this situation there are no rules...

How could affect the october month the race outcome? Tyre temperatures, engine and brake cooling...with adjustements we could see interesting solutions, faster lap times, less engine failure, tyre life etc...
A d*mn cold night for us fans who stays up the entire night
Old 17 Mar 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3964905)   #20
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Having the race later in the year (Sept/Oct) could help to local economy more as fans will look to spend more time in warm bars and restaurants rather than sat in the (cold) open air in the campsites.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 14:58 (Ref:3964935)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Having the race later in the year (Sept/Oct) could help to local economy more as fans will look to spend more time in warm bars and restaurants rather than sat in the (cold) open air in the campsites.
good to see you are looking on the bright side Guy, but not sure i would want to camp late September or October to be honest
Old 17 Mar 2020, 16:17 (Ref:3964968)   #22
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
antonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridantonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
French Open Tennis

The French Open Tennis Championships at Roland Garros, Paris which were due to take part between May 24th & June 7th have been postponed until September 20th to October 4th.
So original dates were very close to the 24Hours - maybe a portent of what may happen to the 24Hours?
Old 17 Mar 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3964981)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
A d*mn cold night for us fans who stays up the entire night
No wimping out now Mathias!
Old 17 Mar 2020, 17:53 (Ref:3964987)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
No wimping out now Mathias!
I hope your accommodation is available for you if the dates change otherwise you will be shivering in the campsites with us this year andrew
Old 17 Mar 2020, 18:40 (Ref:3965007)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We'll be fine. No problem there at all.