Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 May 2004, 17:59 (Ref:981615)   #1
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
love to win...

following theme of ayse's predictions threads, which teams would members go crazy for should they succeed this year i.e who would they love to win?

for me, i would be ecstatic if Pescarolo (bourdais), RFH (lammers) or Big John's Lister could perform a miracle. Don't ask me why, it's personal, but i have no desire whatsoever to see Audi UK win.
Old 24 May 2004, 18:00 (Ref:981619)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
No doubt: Racing for Holland (Lammers)
Old 24 May 2004, 18:30 (Ref:981665)   #3
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No illusion : Pescarolo n°17 (Bourdais - Minassian - Collard)
Old 24 May 2004, 18:35 (Ref:981672)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No doubt about it for me... Champion Racing. I'd love to see them win the big one. They've had heart ache two years in a row at Sebring and ran closest to the Bentley's last year. They have a great driver line up and the team is from the states of course.
Old 24 May 2004, 21:16 (Ref:981854)   #5
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
No doubt about it for me... Champion Racing. I'd love to see them win the big one. They've had heart ache two years in a row at Sebring and ran closest to the Bentley's last year. They have a great driver line up and the team is from the states of course.

Since AutoCon isn't going to be there (don't get the rant rolling, Tim)....

definitely Champion Racing....They've been near the top, but have never hit the pinnacle....

I hope it is their year....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 24 May 2004, 21:23 (Ref:981860)   #6
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im pulling for champion, its been a while since a US squad has won at lemans and i think they deserve it after their performance there last year
Old 24 May 2004, 21:36 (Ref:981878)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think I would have to say Rollcentre. If I was asked to pick an odd winner in GT it would have to be one of the TVR's the british crowd would go mad......
Old 24 May 2004, 21:42 (Ref:981890)   #8
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I think I would have to say Rollcentre. If I was asked to pick an odd winner in GT it would have to be one of the TVR's the british crowd would go mad......

RollCentre is a good "Dark Horse" pick in my book....they were very impressive at Sebring and Monza....

Even if they don't get a podium, they ould be one of my top picks for "Best Non-VAG" for sure....

Old 24 May 2004, 22:31 (Ref:981941)   #9
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rollcentre or one of the Zyteks to show the Audis can be beaten, on a budget.
Old 24 May 2004, 23:36 (Ref:982001)   #10
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Lammers and Racing for Holland! I love the Domes!

I'm with rdjones about the TVR's too, love to see one of the Purple Monsters take the flag in victory. Those are just great looking and sounding cars.
Old 25 May 2004, 05:04 (Ref:982152)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Even if my main support goes to Pescarolo team, I'll welcome any non-Audi victory... but I'd see in it a miracle justifying a trip in Lourdes (my mother in law could jump to the ceiling) !
Old 25 May 2004, 08:48 (Ref:982299)   #12
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Without a doubt it would have to be an RFH 1,2 I think they deserve it for the pleasure they have given us over the years.
Old 25 May 2004, 09:38 (Ref:982350)   #13
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nasamax, just so everyone will go out and start producing newcars to the new rules.
Old 25 May 2004, 11:14 (Ref:982409)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
... I'll welcome any non-Audi victory...
100% Agree
Old 25 May 2004, 13:46 (Ref:982534)   #15
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by skycafe
Lammers and Racing for Holland! I love the Domes!

I'm with rdjones about the TVR's too, love to see one of the Purple Monsters take the flag in victory. Those are just great looking and sounding cars.

When I was at Sebring, I like dthe looks of the TVRs more than any other GT car on the circuit....

The rich purple livery is very striking, and the lines on that car are absolutely gorgeous!!!!

But with the performances they have been turning in, if the TVR cars win class or even make the podium this year, everyone had better go to Confession...because the Apocalypse is just around the corner....they weren't exactly "on pace" at Sebring...far from it...

Old 25 May 2004, 15:51 (Ref:982686)   #16
independent
Racer

independent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see Kevin McGarrity (Nasamax) just because of what he has overcome since his crash at Sebring.
Old 25 May 2004, 17:35 (Ref:982797)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As much as I'd like to see Jan's guys pull it off, for me, the best shock win would be one of Pesca's cars. I'd be happy to celebrate in style with the French
Old 25 May 2004, 18:30 (Ref:982837)   #18
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
As much as I'd like to see Jan's guys pull it off, for me, the best shock win would be one of Pesca's cars. I'd be happy to celebrate in style with the French

Something tells me that the best place to be (Literally) would be standing right next to Fab when that Pesca crossed the finish line for the win.....

Old 26 May 2004, 00:10 (Ref:983233)   #19
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
No illusion : Pescarolo n°17 (Bourdais - Minassian - Collard)
i'm right with you on that one pasca.....
Old 26 May 2004, 01:43 (Ref:983296)   #20
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
16 RfH Dome or 22 Zytek, 6 or 7 Dallara

Last edited by Osella; 26 May 2004 at 01:45.
Old 26 May 2004, 14:42 (Ref:983953)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Something tells me that the best place to be (Literally) would be standing right next to Fab when that Pesca crossed the finish line for the win.....
Heart attack ! I'd need a medical Dr !

But seriously, not this time I'm afraid...

I'd like to see another Panoz/Courage/Dome finish-like again this year, even if not for the overall...
Old 26 May 2004, 14:58 (Ref:983970)   #22
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Personally, I think we'll have great battles in the "LMP1-A Category" (the "A" stands for Audi)

and even better ones in the "other" LMP1 Class....the "Non-VAG" group, just like last year....

I remember doing a thread on "Best Non-VAG Top Five" last year....had some interesting ideas from many....

But I agree, Fab.....a finish like that "Non-VAG" battle in the final hour really mad ethe race for me....excellent action!!!!

Old 26 May 2004, 15:26 (Ref:984008)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
We don't have to complain for last races : it was a close shave at Monza for the 1000 kms, same for Daytona...

Let's hope for something interresting this year at LM !
Old 27 May 2004, 08:46 (Ref:984818)   #24
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Here's hoping for an exciting and safe race, don't forget the action in the lower leagues that always seems to go close with the porches so evenly matched. It's getting quite exciting now 11 days till we leave.
Old 27 May 2004, 17:01 (Ref:985294)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If its an Audi. I'd like JJ's team to win, then Tom's. Although i'll not complain in Johnny wins. I guess I hope for a strong non-Audi challenge. Then it is either RFH or Wallace/Brabham et al. Rollcentre team would be fun too.

LMP2. A reliable race would be nice. I'll want the team who gets its act together in this one. That will promote the racing. I'd also like a team that takes it to the LMP1 lots and doesn't just care about class wins.

GTS. I'd like the podium to be a 575, 550 and C5-R in any order. I have no affinity with the manufacturers (in current guise, although thoughts of 250GTO might push me futher to Ferrari). However I'd like Enge to do well.

GT. Easy. Ortelli. I want Ortelli to win.