Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 11 Nov 2007, 13:02 (Ref:2064916)   #51
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
17 qualifiers:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/R...ts.asp?ID=1793
Old 11 Nov 2007, 13:15 (Ref:2064926)   #52
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
So, what happened to the Jensen car that was to be "added?" Was it lost? Stolen? Didn't make it through Customs? Or, as seems more likely, the check didn't clear...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 11 Nov 2007, 13:37 (Ref:2064937)   #53
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The car was never 100% confirmed. I believe Jensen said 90% chance he would be here for Mexico - I guess the 10% got up.

Kudos to all 3 of you guys picking up on it though. Your obsession to detail is a real plus to the ChampCar forum. Keep it up guys
Old 11 Nov 2007, 14:06 (Ref:2064962)   #54
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
just wondering why you didn't report this little detail DRT?

you reported lots of news about Vision Racing/RLR laying off employees with glee and of course all the excitement surrounding this extra Champ Car, car lol!

You love to boast about the PROPOSED positives but when it becomes a negative you don't want to know!

just making sure you hadn't forgotten!
Old 11 Nov 2007, 14:09 (Ref:2064965)   #55
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
So, what happened to the Jensen car that was to be "added?" Was it lost? Stolen? Didn't make it through Customs? Or, as seems more likely, the check didn't clear...
yep, i reckon it was the last one
Old 11 Nov 2007, 14:10 (Ref:2064970)   #56
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
That would be "attention" to detail, not "obsession" with detail.

I suppose this also answers the question as to whether the contract called for 18 on the grid as well.

I am sure that the "missing" Jensen entry was overlooked in all the excitement of wondering who would be passing through the Revolving doors at Hobby Racer Central next...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 11 Nov 2007, 14:27 (Ref:2064981)   #57
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I havent noticed any doors revolving for the Mexico event John.

Enjoy the race. Did you see Powers lap, astonishing.
Old 11 Nov 2007, 15:53 (Ref:2065017)   #58
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Well done you noticed that DRT

shame you didn't notice the missing car though...
Old 11 Nov 2007, 16:59 (Ref:2065048)   #59
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, just look at how hard it was for this race to happen at all, D.R.T. No TV coverage in Mexico for most or all of the season. No Mexican drivers for most of the season. Suddenly, 2 Mexican drivers for the last two races at the last minute, displacing others questionably on the basis of talent and spawning rumors of Mexican drivers needed in the field by contract, then and ONLY then do ticket sales open, only four grandstands at that and then Tecate finally comes on board. The Jensen hiccup (last time it was one and maybe two cas for the season and it turned into Fabrizio del Monte for one race) was minor compared to the other situations involved in this not going the way of Phoenix.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 13:47 (Ref:2065599)   #60
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found a handbag lying on the floor here. Did one of you guys leave it lying around??
Old 12 Nov 2007, 14:43 (Ref:2065634)   #61
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
and that is the end of this thread.

Well done guys its nice to visit a kindergarten every now and then