Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Oct 2023, 11:10 (Ref:4179971)   #126
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Houx is near the main area, Veausjour was a good campsite last year, but a good 30 minute walk from the main area but good access to Porsche curves
I never found my way to that side of Porsche Curves last year. ?
Old 6 Oct 2023, 12:24 (Ref:4179980)   #127
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The motorhome section of Beasejour is the field next to the inside banking of Porsche curves. Looks quite a good area - quite a few large groups so dont get there too late - but not rammed and not that rowdy/noisy. There is a path from the NE corner (for walking/bikes only) that comes out by the bridge where the track goes over the road access to inside camping etc. Its a bit of drive into from Beasejour roundabout entrance but OK in camper van as presumably not going in and out too much

TD has the private site on the outside of Porsche Curves - road access alot easier

Lycian Village on the Curves is private site on inside just before the banking (does have view from outside bar area directly to the track or can walk in 2 mins to banking) again a bit of drive through Beasejour (the Caddy span when it rained right past the site - although it was dry in start finish area). Our tents was/were 25 m or so from track last year

All three are a bit of walk to main start/finish area but Porsche curves does allow some short viewing trips (good view over fence from inside area for entry line) - bar/food stall BUT no big screen this year which was a minor pain)

No big issues with toilets or shower queues if in a camper van I suppose

There's a good aerial view of camper area in 2022 Full Race part 1 video - 28 mins 11 secs in - camper area just behind Porsche curves banking - uniform tent area to right is part of Lycian and rest of BSJ behind main line of trees
Old 12 Oct 2023, 08:43 (Ref:4181074)   #128
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I read nov 7 tickets will go on sale for members, limited to 4 per membership! Hmmmmm
https://www.intensemans.fr/2023/10/1...ie-est-connue/
Old 12 Oct 2023, 09:27 (Ref:4181081)   #129
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I find the source a bit questionable, at best.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 09:30 (Ref:4181083)   #130
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've seen it in two places, but only on FB.... The timing seems right. There is no mention though of the second sale 'stage' to local residents. Members on the 7th and public on the 15th. It's a bit of a poor show that ACO members haven't been emailed with this info and have to read it on 'unofficial' social media... But why am I not surprised....?
Old 12 Oct 2023, 12:56 (Ref:4181097)   #131
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Email received from ACO, 7th November confirmed.

Priority access to tickets for Sarthe residents also confirmed, details to be released in coming days.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 13:11 (Ref:4181099)   #132
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And last year T17-18 120€ 2024 170€!!!!!!!
Old 12 Oct 2023, 13:12 (Ref:4181100)   #133
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Email received from ACO, 7th November confirmed.

Priority access to tickets for Sarthe residents also confirmed, details to be released in coming days.
They will have (we will ) a special access between the aco members access and the public access
Old 12 Oct 2023, 13:21 (Ref:4181102)   #134
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup, just received the same e mail.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 13:24 (Ref:4181103)   #135
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cat 1 and 2 grandstands??

Last edited by whitemr2; 12 Oct 2023 at 13:31.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 13:37 (Ref:4181107)   #136
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disappointing to see Camping and Parking shown as "Discover Soon"
Old 12 Oct 2023, 15:28 (Ref:4181123)   #137
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, that is disappointing....
Old 12 Oct 2023, 15:30 (Ref:4181124)   #138
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Cat 1 and 2 grandstands??
See the notes at the bottom of the page - Cat 1 is

T04, T05, T10, T15, T16, T17, T18, T19, T20, T21, T23

Cat 2 is

T01, T03, T11, T12, T14, T34

No T22 (Wollek) interestingly....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 12 Oct 2023 at 15:40.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 15:36 (Ref:4181126)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
And last year T17-18 120€ 2024 170€!!!!!!!
I'm seeing 170€ for children between 8 and 16 years.... Adults rather more...
Old 12 Oct 2023, 15:38 (Ref:4181127)   #140
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Reinforced access checks for an improved spectator experience - re Grandstands.

Good!
Old 12 Oct 2023, 15:50 (Ref:4181129)   #141
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Am I correct in assuming that if you buy a camping pass, you have to buy a certain number of entry tickets at the same time?

Andrew, where do you read this?

Last edited by batmobile; 12 Oct 2023 at 20:45.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 16:25 (Ref:4181133)   #142
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Looking at the pricing, I think you can get full week access (general access) and Cat 1 Grandstand for 239 Euros. What appears to be different (apart from the price) is that the grandstands are no longer free outside of Saturday and Sunday. Happy to be corrected.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 16:33 (Ref:4181135)   #143
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Looking at the pricing, I think you can get full week access (general access) and Cat 1 Grandstand for 239 Euros. What appears to be different (apart from the price) is that the grandstands are no longer free outside of Saturday and Sunday. Happy to be corrected.
Interesting. That's how I read it too. The grandstand tickets seem to apply to the week (or the weekend only), rather than specifically for Saturday and Sunday as they have been - for quite a few years, anyway. I guess it's to make people buy GS tickets rather than think, well, I can get into the stands on Wednesday and Thursday for practice and qually for free. It'll be interesting to see how things actually work once the ticketing goes live. I fear there may yet be more 'surprises'.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 16:45 (Ref:4181137)   #144
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As usual the process will be a lottery with ACOmembers getting tickets and not camping, then when they try to get camping they will be told all the decent camping sites have gone to agents and then sold to non members
Old 12 Oct 2023, 16:46 (Ref:4181138)   #145
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Also noted that the base ACO membership has gone up to 73 euro's
Old 12 Oct 2023, 17:27 (Ref:4181145)   #146
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
As usual the process will be a lottery with ACOmembers getting tickets and not camping, then when they try to get camping they will be told all the decent camping sites have gone to agents and then sold to non members
Well, we're still hoping that camping and parking will also go on sale on the 7th.
Old 12 Oct 2023, 19:41 (Ref:4181165)   #147
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Interesting. That's how I read it too. The grandstand tickets seem to apply to the week (or the weekend only), rather than specifically for Saturday and Sunday as they have been - for quite a few years, anyway. I guess it's to make people buy GS tickets rather than think, well, I can get into the stands on Wednesday and Thursday for practice and qually for free. It'll be interesting to see how things actually work once the ticketing goes live. I fear there may yet be more 'surprises'.
Looking down the lefthand column (y axis) at Grandstand line the GE ticket shows access from 12-14 June and the practice day tickets Wed/Thurs get green ticks at the Granstand row too - so thats normal practice as I read it
Old 12 Oct 2023, 19:44 (Ref:4181167)   #148
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You're right, I missed that. For full week race ticket holders though it refers to 'Authorised access only' - whatever that means....

Edit - hang on though, those green ticks refer to people who have bought Wednesday and Thursday (or both) practice tickets, don't they?
Old 12 Oct 2023, 19:50 (Ref:4181168)   #149
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Also noted that the base ACO membership has gone up to 73 euro's
Think the discount on 2 GE tickets has gone up to 92 euros (46 x 2) true 40% - last year it was 94-61 = 33 x 2 at 66

Bit of a pain I have to get tickets through operator for 1st time this year - possibly a waste of discount.

Are 2 reduced tickets for members area mentioned - cant see pricing on links today or are these on the ACO members bit
Old 12 Oct 2023, 20:00 (Ref:4181169)   #150
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I'm seeing a discount of €46 on the entry ticket alone.... I don't believe the members area tickets have any reduction. They certainly didn't have any reduction last year. Our group has two members and two non-members and we each had to pay the €46 (although I did this in advance).