Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Nov 2004, 11:42 (Ref:1157960)   #1
ss24355261
Racer

United Kingdom
mansfield
ss24355261 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Training

When are the marshals training days planned for the midland region next year. As i require one to upgrade.

Last edited by ss24355261; 19 Nov 2004 at 11:44.
Old 19 Nov 2004, 15:35 (Ref:1158259)   #2
stroller
Racer

stroller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRSCC Midlands

13th Feb Mallory Park

All duties

Chief Marshal John Sadler will circulate details
Old 19 Nov 2004, 19:07 (Ref:1158516)   #3
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMMC North East Region

Cadwell Park (catering for all duties)

23rd. January 2005

Details appearing soon on Julian Floyds volunteering Web Site
Old 21 Nov 2004, 08:23 (Ref:1159760)   #4
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With the vast ammounts of money being spent on marshals training each year and so very few "novice" marshals do we need as many training days all over the country.

Is it time for the MSA to appoint a few circuits each year and have all marshals trained on the same day. This would ensure better turn outs at fewer events.

Over the past few years I have attended training days at Silverstone, Donington and Rockingham so as to find some thing new.

The trainers are now getting set in their ways with very little new to tell experienced marshals.

Perhaps we should have traing carried out by the trainers at live race meetings where established and Experienced Observers and Flag Marshals are given permit to move from post to post and give idividual tuition where necessary. This cannot be done successfully in the classroom.

Most discussions in recent years have centered around the safety car and the system or systems used when it is called into play.

Surely this should be sorted out by the MSA and written into the Blue Book.

Why do we have to hold safety car boards, hold or wave Flags
to relay the message that a Large piece of Highly Illuminated metal is trying to intervene in a race.Surely a safety car board shown at the start line is enough!!.

Any contravention is then over to the Observers and the Stewards.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 19:12 (Ref:1161092)   #5
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The main reason for SC (safety Car) boards and yellow flags is to remind adrenaline fuelled racers that they must keep their speed down and NO OVERTAKING! Some Organisations allow cars to leave the Pit Lane during a SC intervention and by seeing SC Boards etc; displayed reminds them that the Circuit is still 'Sterile'.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 04:36 (Ref:1166724)   #6
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rbs
With the vast ammounts of money being spent on marshals training each year and so very few "novice" marshals do we need as many training days all over the country.

Is it time for the MSA to appoint a few circuits each year and have all marshals trained on the same day. This would ensure better turn outs at fewer events.

This is already part of BMMC proposals made to the MSA and I have no doubt will be repeated in the current revamp of the T&G scheme being considered by The Marshals' Club and other marshalling groups (together!).
Old 29 Nov 2004, 12:33 (Ref:1166986)   #7
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ss24355261 - Have a look at http://www.marshals.co.uk/ for all the training days next year.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1167039)   #8
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bmmc NI sat 12th march 05
Old 30 Nov 2004, 08:56 (Ref:1167782)   #9
mitzi dude
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
mitzi dude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, we need more training days, world over its a big thing we'll always need more marshals.I do.
Old 30 Nov 2004, 23:01 (Ref:1168428)   #10
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As one of many training instructors, on many occasions we do struggle to come up with something new for the experienced marshal by way of training. For the novice or inexperienced it is obviously easier. Over the last couple of years the BMMC Sth Midlands region have constructed their training days at Rockingham so that every discipline has a session on all the others too, so for added interest or timely reminder there is something different. We are always open to suggestion for new ideas on what to offer and provide, so please put your thinking caps on and let me know
Old 5 Dec 2004, 20:19 (Ref:1171638)   #11
John Newman
Subscriber
Racer

England
Near, (but not quite) Towcester
John Newman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
As one of many training instructors, on many occasions we do struggle to come up with something new for the experienced marshal by way of training. For the novice or inexperienced it is obviously easier. Over the last couple of years the BMMC Sth Midlands region have constructed their training days at Rockingham so that every discipline has a session on all the others too, so for added interest or timely reminder there is something different. We are always open to suggestion for new ideas on what to offer and provide, so please put your thinking caps on and let me know
How am I supposed to say someting Instuctive to the same twenty people who have attended for the last God knows many years, when noting has changed. What we need id some "upgraders" and a new influx of marshals.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 20:22 (Ref:1171646)   #12
John Newman
Subscriber
Racer

England
Near, (but not quite) Towcester
John Newman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Newman
How am I supposed to say someting Instuctive to the same twenty people who have attended for the last God knows many years, when noting has changed. What we need id some "upgraders" and a new influx of marshals.
Sorry for the spelling errors, the new software has no Spellchecker!!!
Old 5 Dec 2004, 22:36 (Ref:1171733)   #13
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mis-speelings

well, John, what can we say about flaggies wot can't spell. best to make them observers!! examining ones at that!!!
Old 6 Dec 2004, 17:23 (Ref:1172580)   #14
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never mind the spelling!! Let us have a concerted effort to get the numbers (race) right, and in the right order!!
Old 6 Dec 2004, 20:12 (Ref:1172762)   #15
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With regard to the Brands training days - does anyone know what day is for trainees? Will trainees get to do full fire training or only tray fires?

If I go as a "buddy" for my mate who is a novice (rather than on a day for more experienced marshals) will that count as a proper training day for me? - or would I need to attend twice?