Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Nov 2023, 13:46 (Ref:4184747)   #226
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The poster ? Nooo - Its the brown sign with a couple of Group C era cars on the autoroute ! (Sorry can't remember exactly what they are; hangs head in shame)
Old 6 Nov 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4184751)   #227
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
The poster ? Nooo - Its the brown sign with a couple of Group C era cars on the autoroute ! (Sorry can't remember exactly what they are; hangs head in shame)
Yes that is a nice wake up as you approach le mans but only visible on the autoroute and i usually prefer the old roads, faster . cheaper and more interesting
Old 6 Nov 2023, 14:03 (Ref:4184753)   #228
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Next year's campsite map in attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Le Mans Campsite Map - 2024.jpg  
Old 6 Nov 2023, 14:17 (Ref:4184755)   #229
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
No blue nord camping on there but piston heads are stating they have camoing there, strange
Old 6 Nov 2023, 14:36 (Ref:4184757)   #230
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
No blue nord camping on there but piston heads are stating they have camoing there, strange
It’s only ACO public campsites on the map. No TD or Lycian or Danish varieties
Old 6 Nov 2023, 14:37 (Ref:4184758)   #231
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Vincent, that's useful to have.
Old 6 Nov 2023, 14:46 (Ref:4184759)   #232
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

2023 result with the top car of each main manufacturer in order . No Glickenhaus as they will not be there.
Old 6 Nov 2023, 14:47 (Ref:4184761)   #233
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Next year's campsite map in attachment
Thanks, but unfortunately I cannot read the printed words, especially on the green. Any idea where I can fit good of this please
Old 6 Nov 2023, 14:55 (Ref:4184762)   #234
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Thanks, but unfortunately I cannot read the printed words, especially on the green. Any idea where I can fit good of this please
Click on picture, and then right click on that picture to open it in another tab.
Old 6 Nov 2023, 15:09 (Ref:4184763)   #235
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Click on picture, and then right click on that picture to open it in another tab.
Thanks Vince, the problem was that I was trying to look at it on my tablet. Using the laptop makes it much clearer. At least I can now see where the new camp sites are
Sean
Old 6 Nov 2023, 16:13 (Ref:4184768)   #236
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No Hippodrome unless I’m being dim, although the track is clearly visible
Old 6 Nov 2023, 16:21 (Ref:4184769)   #237
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks to me like they've created the 'Prairie' campsite to replace it. It's close to the hippodrome.

Edit - and yet I see that the two Hippodrome campsites are on the ACO price list.....
Old 6 Nov 2023, 16:50 (Ref:4184775)   #238
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Looks to me like they've created the 'Prairie' campsite to replace it. It's close to the hippodrome.

Edit - and yet I see that the two Hippodrome campsites are on the ACO price list.....
…..and yet, despite the disorganisation, they get the event on every year, it wouldn’t be Le Mans without these dramas
Old 6 Nov 2023, 16:59 (Ref:4184778)   #239
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
might start a who got what thread tomorrow it will be interesting to see how it all goes
Old 6 Nov 2023, 17:02 (Ref:4184779)   #240
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Just noticed that on the form i just sent back all sites say no electricity, strange as they have spent a fortune putting power points in some of the sites over the last few years// I complainted to the ACO about it but they choose to do nothing
Absolutely incredible. Or is there a confusion between homelesses and campers? Hope they just made a mistake or a typo.
Old 6 Nov 2023, 17:10 (Ref:4184784)   #241
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i have a feeling that health and safety might have put it's footdown as even the new power points provided in tertre Rouge last year looked completely overloaded by thursday and power went down several times.
Old 6 Nov 2023, 17:21 (Ref:4184786)   #242
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
i have a feeling that health and safety might have put it's footdown as even the new power points provided in tertre Rouge last year looked completely overloaded by thursday and power went down several times.
We’re not going to know for sure before arriving are we? Which means packing even more gubbins
Old 6 Nov 2023, 17:22 (Ref:4184787)   #243
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
This year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans, which had a sold-out crowd, boasted a 100,000-person waiting list for tickets according to ACO President Pierre Fillon.
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...e-notebook-10/

Nuts if true!
Old 6 Nov 2023, 18:21 (Ref:4184795)   #244
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
We’re not going to know for sure before arriving are we? Which means packing even more gubbins
I think that as the campsites open on saturday for test weekend someone will arrive early saturday and let us know the situation.
Old 6 Nov 2023, 18:44 (Ref:4184802)   #245
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Absolutely. But bearing in mind how quickly tickets were sold out and how quickly they disappeared (within seconds) from the resale site, there were clearly a lot of people who wanted them.
Old 6 Nov 2023, 18:53 (Ref:4184804)   #246
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
I think that as the campsites open on saturday for test weekend someone will arrive early saturday and let us know the situation.
As per another message in another place I’ll be there (tickets allowing) as soon as the gates open, which has been the Friday since the test weekend moved, but I hadn’t noticed that they’re now saying sites won’t open until the Sunday.
So for 40% more they’re possibly taking away the electric and knocking 2 nights off my holiday. Zut allors
Old 6 Nov 2023, 20:20 (Ref:4184812)   #247
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
So for 40% more they’re possibly taking away the electric and knocking 2 nights off my holiday. Zut allors
Given the situation, I find your words too kind!
Old 6 Nov 2023, 20:39 (Ref:4184815)   #248
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
As per another message in another place I’ll be there (tickets allowing) as soon as the gates open, which has been the Friday since the test weekend moved, but I hadn’t noticed that they’re now saying sites won’t open until the Sunday.
Were they officially open on Sunday last year?
Old 6 Nov 2023, 20:51 (Ref:4184816)   #249
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Were they officially open on Sunday last year?
Nope, the Friday, and in 2022, campsite opening has tied in with scrutineering dates for as long as I can remember
Old 7 Nov 2023, 07:42 (Ref:4184846)   #250
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fingers crossed, good luck all, hope you are able to get what you want.

Looking at the prices it strikes me Epinettes, TR and Houx are extremely expensive. Why???