Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Nov 2023, 14:53 (Ref:4187673)   #426
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Going back to walking distances RL17 is correct. The walk is not too long, but when lugging bags and accompanied by your partner, the busses are much more convenient.

I've done Calais to Le Mans and Caen to Le Mans. I'm going back to the chunnel this year since the return time from Caen is too late for the 90 mile journey home. That said driving to Scotland probably means you'd overnight in Portsmouth anyway.

Lots to think about, exciting isn't it?
And there's a cheap and cheerful Travelodge within spitting distance of the ferry port.
Old 28 Nov 2023, 14:59 (Ref:4187679)   #427
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed there is. There's a Premier Inn along the A27 at the Hayling Island junction too.
Old 28 Nov 2023, 15:03 (Ref:4187681)   #428
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tend to end up with short Friday / Monday (or next year Sunday night) trips. Two hours-ish from Folkestone but allow more (M1, M25, M20) - then 4 hours-ish from Calais to LM via Rouen. Care re driving through Rouen without Crit'Air vignette although there are routes avoiding the city centre. Autoroute not cheap but generally not too busy. Watch your speed - it's not like the good old days. Shuttle and ferry prices seem to have shot up for 2024 ...
Old 28 Nov 2023, 16:04 (Ref:4187688)   #429
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Indeed there is. There's a Premier Inn along the A27 at the Hayling Island junction too.
With a pub that does good meals there too....
Old 28 Nov 2023, 16:06 (Ref:4187689)   #430
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Shuttle and ferry prices seem to have shot up for 2024 ...
I booked my ferry on the day that the route became available. I paid pretty much the same as last time. It surprises me that this often seems to be the last thing that people do....
Old 29 Nov 2023, 12:58 (Ref:4187761)   #431
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just drove past this morning.

Gunwharf Quays (pretty good shopping outlet, decent Old Customs House pub and restaurants etc), Spinnaker Tower there too, HMS Warrior and historic dockyard are about 10 mins away if you have a few hours to kill before Brittany ferry check in there.

Portsmouth CAZ doesn’t apply to private cars.
Old 29 Nov 2023, 13:20 (Ref:4187770)   #432
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
I wonder what the experience would be like to fly to France and travel to Le Mans by train? Would you say this is doable, or does the benefit of having the car at the circuit outweigh the length of journey?
I went to this year's edition by flying and public transport. I found it relatively straightforward, although I was staying in an Air B'n'B in Le Mans itself. The only issue that my (nom-motorsport) partner and I encountered was that on the Sunday after the race we had to walk a couple of tram stops towards town before we could catch a tram back into Le Mans.

Getting around the circuit seemed pretty doable as a newbie, although we were caught out by one of the buses not running from Porsche back into the circuit in the wee hours of the morning during the race.
Old 29 Dec 2023, 18:12 (Ref:4190188)   #433
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
That's the plan for me, too.
That *was* the plan.

The plan is now to not go. Having now had the work done to replace the bit of me that was problematic, I'm acutely aware of the fact that (with hindsight) I expected too much of myself, and by extension my poste mates, in 2023.

I most likely won't be fully recovered by mid June, so I'm not putting myself or anyone else through that again. Sucks, I want to be there, but... as we used to say when I did a lot of scuba diving: "It's better to be on the boat wishing you were 30m down than being 30m down and wishing you were still on the boat"
Old 29 Dec 2023, 18:22 (Ref:4190190)   #434
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry to hear of your woes matey. However there are loads of racers, who would rather you got better than risked everything for a long weekend in France.

Happy New Year.
Old 29 Dec 2023, 19:14 (Ref:4190192)   #435
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
That *was* the plan.

The plan is now to not go. Having now had the work done to replace the bit of me that was problematic, I'm acutely aware of the fact that (with hindsight) I expected too much of myself, and by extension my poste mates, in 2023.

I most likely won't be fully recovered by mid June, so I'm not putting myself or anyone else through that again. Sucks, I want to be there, but... as we used to say when I did a lot of scuba diving: "It's better to be on the boat wishing you were 30m down than being 30m down and wishing you were still on the boat"

That's unfortunate Graeme, did you consider just going as a 'mere' spectator?
Old 30 Dec 2023, 14:51 (Ref:4190258)   #436
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's unfortunate Graeme, did you consider just going as a 'mere' spectator?
I am a very, very bad spectator these days, Andrew!

In all seriousness though - yes, I did, and the prospect (right now) of limited sleep in a tent on however good a mattress I can take, with the journey there and back, is not filling me with joy. Hopefully I'll be back to full fitness and enthusiasm for 2025!
Old 30 Dec 2023, 16:44 (Ref:4190268)   #437
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Let's hope so!
Old 1 Jan 2024, 10:20 (Ref:4190489)   #438
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's good to be able to say I'm looking forward to this year's Le Mans....

Happy New Year everyone!

Old 1 Jan 2024, 10:28 (Ref:4190492)   #439
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes "This year" sounds good
Old 9 Jan 2024, 21:53 (Ref:4191245)   #440
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy new year!

That's the ferry booked there, going to Le Havre, feels much more real now!

Will be arriving at the circuit on the Tuesday evening, should be no issues arriving at Beausejour at this time?
Old 11 Jan 2024, 09:42 (Ref:4191410)   #441
clkgtrlm1
Rookie

England
Woodstock, Oxford, England
clkgtrlm1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Happy new year!

That's the ferry booked there, going to Le Havre, feels much more real now!

Will be arriving at the circuit on the Tuesday evening, should be no issues arriving at Beausejour at this time?
BSJ should be OK Tuesday evening.
Last year, there were quite a few turn up Friday / Saturday for PQ, then not too many more arriving Sunday / Monday, rush sort of started Tuesday PM / evening.
Old 11 Jan 2024, 16:41 (Ref:4191475)   #442
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We arrived in VAN in Wednesday lunchtime last year and it was not too difficult getting a decent pitch

Sean
Old 18 Jan 2024, 14:41 (Ref:4192306)   #443
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well tunnel booked for this years trip. Out Monday 10.20 back Sunday 22,40
Old 30 Jan 2024, 20:05 (Ref:4194271)   #444
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just had an email from the ACO announcing the bands at the race this year, not heard of the others but simple minds are on Saturday this year
Old 30 Jan 2024, 21:06 (Ref:4194282)   #445
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just had an email from the ACO announcing the bands at the race this year, not heard of the others but simple minds are on Saturday this year
On wednesday we have Louise Attaque who are pretty good musicians.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRTDC9Z5UdE
Old 31 Jan 2024, 06:34 (Ref:4194336)   #446
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And confirmation that VW Fun Cup and Lambo Super Trofeo provide the support races. Quite a contrast.
Old 31 Jan 2024, 06:43 (Ref:4194338)   #447
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hope you'll have the drone ballet again. Appreciated last year's.
Old 31 Jan 2024, 10:03 (Ref:4194364)   #448
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Hope you'll have the drone ballet again. Appreciated last year's.
Yes that display was amazing, watched it on both friday and saturday
Old 5 Feb 2024, 11:54 (Ref:4195168)   #449
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
When is the entry list published for LM 2024?
Old 5 Feb 2024, 12:00 (Ref:4195171)   #450
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
When is the entry list published for LM 2024?
I don't know yet, but last year it was 27th February, I believe.