Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Feb 2024, 09:26 (Ref:4195309)   #451
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the last two rounds of the Asian Le Mans Series this weekend to decide the last of the Auto Invites the end of the month sounds about right.
Mind you much of the list is already sorted with the WEC entries and the existing Auto Invites.
Old 6 Feb 2024, 16:06 (Ref:4195375)   #452
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think there will be more cars trying to get entry than places available for sure
Old 6 Feb 2024, 23:57 (Ref:4195443)   #453
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I can’t recall, is scrutineering Saturday and Sunday, or Sunday and Monday???
Old 7 Feb 2024, 09:35 (Ref:4195504)   #454
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Friday and Saturday, then Test Day on Sunday.
Old 7 Feb 2024, 16:14 (Ref:4195581)   #455
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the answer Andrew. I guess I miscalculated the days and when I’m arriving. I get into CDG that Friday morning and have a hotel booked in Angers for the Saturday to Wednesday. Maybe this means I just hang out in Paris the first day and then take an early train down to Le Mans on Saturday and get in one day of scrutineering but then also get in the test day.

Leads to a couple of questions…

I assume I’ll need a GA ticket to get into the circuit for the test day, right? Was planning to get my ticket in person at our campsite on Wednesday, so maybe I’ll see if he can mail it to me ahead of time. But then on Saturday where to leave my luggage while I’m at scrutineering???

Would one of you kind folks whose planning to be there that Saturday with a car not mind if I meet up with you and store my luggage with you for the day?
Old 9 Feb 2024, 10:32 (Ref:4195857)   #456
clkgtrlm1
Rookie

England
Woodstock, Oxford, England
clkgtrlm1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey,

Our "team" will be there on Saturday. (Arriving Friday)
Staying on BSJ.

You are welcome to hook up with our group in the campsite.
We can even offer a spare tent (empty) for Saturday night if you want to stay over for Test day.
BSJ has trackside viewing. (Inside Porsche Curves)
You will need a GA ticket to attend test day.

clk (Dean)
I don't have many posts on this forum, but very well known on Club Arnage (Ayse will verify)
Old 9 Feb 2024, 10:38 (Ref:4195858)   #457
clkgtrlm1
Rookie

England
Woodstock, Oxford, England
clkgtrlm1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by clkgtrlm1 View Post
Hey,

Our "team" will be there on Saturday. (Arriving Friday)
Staying on BSJ.

You are welcome to hook up with our group in the campsite.
We can even offer a spare tent (empty) for Saturday night if you want to stay over for Test day.
BSJ has trackside viewing. (Inside Porsche Curves)
You will need a GA ticket to attend test day.

clk (Dean)
I don't have many posts on this forum, but very well known on Club Arnage (Ayse will verify)
Bump,
There are also plenty of places to store luggage near LM gare (station)
Old 10 Feb 2024, 01:44 (Ref:4195990)   #458
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by clkgtrlm1 View Post
Bump,
There are also plenty of places to store luggage near LM gare (station)
I hadn’t thought of storage options at the train station, so this is good to know, thank you!

And also thank you for the camping offer. I’m always up to meet new folks and that sounds fun. However… thinking forward to camping Wednesday to Sunday of race week, I think I’m gonna enjoy all the hotel nights in a real bed leading up to that as much as I can! ?
But would be cool if we can meet up during scrutineering.
Old 11 Feb 2024, 10:31 (Ref:4196120)   #459
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've moved the entry list comments to the dedicated thread.
Old 11 Feb 2024, 14:57 (Ref:4196149)   #460
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I hadn’t thought of storage options at the train station, so this is good to know, thank you!
I suggest you accept the offer made by a forumer to keep your belongings safe because during such an event the security is really enforced I'm sure you'll understand why. So, what you call lockers are said here "consigne ?* bagage" could be closed or have vanished. I just found this for you, but can't guarantee its safe and practical, having never used one myself: https://www.nannybag.com/fr/consigne...e/le-mans/gare Pre booking is mandatory.
Old 12 Feb 2024, 16:58 (Ref:4196390)   #461
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, just paid the balance of my booking for Porsche Curves. Phew!
Old 12 Feb 2024, 21:35 (Ref:4196437)   #462
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That expensive.....?
Old 12 Feb 2024, 21:42 (Ref:4196439)   #463
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lol...
Old 14 Feb 2024, 10:57 (Ref:4196651)   #464
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't suppose anyone has seen anything from the ACO regarding windscreen stickers for car park passes?
Old 14 Feb 2024, 15:35 (Ref:4196688)   #465
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just had this from the ACO....

Stickers will be available at the entrance of campsites and parking lots.
We will not renew what was done last year by sending them in advance.
Old 14 Feb 2024, 15:57 (Ref:4196697)   #466
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
That's you told then.
Old 14 Feb 2024, 16:52 (Ref:4196703)   #467
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Guess so......
Old 17 Feb 2024, 10:52 (Ref:4197031)   #468
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It would appear that the time of the Friday driver parade is changing again - 4 pm this year.
Old 17 Feb 2024, 10:59 (Ref:4197034)   #469
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
On the subject of the parade, I haven't been into town for it for quite a few years (2009?). As my son and his partner have never been I'd quite like them to experience it. If I drive in, I'd need to park somewhere that isn't within the parade route (for obvious reasons). Am I right in thinking that I could park down by the river and walk up? Is there anywhere better to park? Alternatively, coming in from about half an hour or so north of Le Mans, could we park somewhere and tram the rest of the way? Thinking of perhaps coming in for a spot of civilised lunch and then staying for the parade..... Advice appreciated!
Old 17 Feb 2024, 20:38 (Ref:4197088)   #470
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
On the subject of the parade, I haven't been into town for it for quite a few years (2009?). As my son and his partner have never been I'd quite like them to experience it. If I drive in, I'd need to park somewhere that isn't within the parade route (for obvious reasons). Am I right in thinking that I could park down by the river and walk up? Is there anywhere better to park? Alternatively, coming in from about half an hour or so north of Le Mans, could we park somewhere and tram the rest of the way? Thinking of perhaps coming in for a spot of civilised lunch and then staying for the parade..... Advice appreciated!
I would research the tram. I think a line goes out towards where you stay

Sean
Old 17 Feb 2024, 22:39 (Ref:4197096)   #471
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, I need to look at that, although I was thinking of having some breakfast, coming into the circuit to look around the Village, catch a bit of the driver parade and then getting the tram from Antares? The only concern in my mind was how busy it would be coming back again afterwards (although we wouldn't necessarily stay for the whole parade).
Old 18 Feb 2024, 02:56 (Ref:4197139)   #472
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
It does get busy on the tram after the parade, but from my experience so many people still stick around afterwards for dinner or drinks that it’s not as crowded as you’d think.
Old 18 Feb 2024, 10:20 (Ref:4197149)   #473
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Scott. It reminds me of 2009 when we 'cleverly' parked up inside the route meaning we couldn't get out when it was time to go to dinner in Monce en Belin. I think we got there some time after 11 pm in the end and Madame knew how much we were likely to spend so kept the restaurant open for us!

I probably need Eric's local knowledge regarding tram stops.....
Old 18 Feb 2024, 17:52 (Ref:4197182)   #474
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The tram back can be absolutely rammed. But they are pretty regular, so while you're packed on I don't remember ever having to wait too long. The only issue can be if you wanted to leave early and find you're on the 'wrong' side of the parade, then there are times when crossing it becomes nigh on impossible.
Old 18 Feb 2024, 18:33 (Ref:4197186)   #475
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes, if you do decide to drive and park, the Quai Louis Blanc car park next to the river will be fine, and probably your best option, unless they randomly change the Driver's Parade route this year (they haven't used the tunnel or Quai Louis Blanc as part of the parade route for years now), plus you're parked conveniently for when you want to head back across the river to get back to base.