Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2019, 03:20 (Ref:3910267)   #301
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't want to start any controversy, so I will just say that this is probably the last Le Mans with this style of Corvette. Many hate Corvettes but I adore them and am kind of sad this weekend. If you would like, take one more moment to listen to a LS/LT idle on a nasty cam. She's a dirty girl and I'll miss her. Pushrods fo' life. Bowties.

https://twitter.com/CorvetteRacing/s...14386839654401
Old 15 Jun 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3910305)   #302
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So........... this is some interesting driving in the Michelin Le Mans Cup race.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 09:43 (Ref:3910306)   #303
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
So........... this is some interesting driving in the Michelin Le Mans Cup race.
That's one way of describing it. I think "disgraceful" would apply better to some cars...
Old 15 Jun 2019, 10:30 (Ref:3910311)   #304
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good morning race fans

Bit of an odd one for me. I’m not there. but I’m set up and ready to go; I have several screens, books and toys ready to go and I have managed to sneak in several drinks past security for later.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3910313)   #305
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I don't want to start any controversy, so I will just say that this is probably the last Le Mans with this style of Corvette. Many hate Corvettes but I adore them and am kind of sad this weekend. If you would like, take one more moment to listen to a LS/LT idle on a nasty cam. She's a dirty girl and I'll miss her. Pushrods fo' life. Bowties.

https://twitter.com/CorvetteRacing/s...14386839654401
Like it. I’m up for a decent result for them. I’m quite up for a Corvette too.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 10:46 (Ref:3910316)   #306
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Good morning race fans

Bit of an odd one for me. I’m not there. but I’m set up and ready to go; I have several screens, books and toys ready to go and I have managed to sneak in several drinks past security for later.
Same here, watching from home this time, but due to the advantages of living on my own, I didn't have to jump through any hoops and sneaking procedures to stack the fridge with enough beer and snacks to last the race.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3910319)   #307
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The V12 LMR on track.WOW.The sound is something else.

Hope all there are able to hear it.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 10:52 (Ref:3910320)   #308
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please don’t let Shea Adam into the commentary box for the next 24 hours
Old 15 Jun 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3910321)   #309
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Please don’t let Shea Adam into the commentary box for the next 24 hours
I think she tweeted earlier that she's doing the sunset stint in the booth (7-11pm).
Old 15 Jun 2019, 11:17 (Ref:3910322)   #310
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Few silly questions before the race begins.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/W3YXJD6

If you want to see the updates you can view the results by just pressing done without answering a question.

Good to see that people think that the Privateers will have a crack at the Toyotas on the first few laps. That extra top speed has to count for something on the first half of the lap.

Last edited by crooky; 15 Jun 2019 at 11:38.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 11:49 (Ref:3910324)   #311
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Good morning race fans

I prepped by not getting any sleep last night thanks to my lovely children. I am just getting setup for the race now and will have to make a run this afternoon for some provisions. I'll be checking in here regularly throughout the race. Starting to get excited now!
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:36 (Ref:3910329)   #312
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race always seems to creep up quicker than I'm expecting. Had my usual lie in until 10am then once you've had breakfast, showered etc and done a few bits its suddently 1pm and I'm doing the last minute checks to make sure I'm good to go.

Looking forward to the start now and what I reckon will be a good battle down the Mulsanne and the run down to Indianapolis between the P1s.

Hoping all cars get through the first lap without any major issues and we keep lots of cars for as long as possible. The biggest chance of a mix up at the front I think is going to be issues with back markers so the more the merrier. Still feel a bit wrong rooting against the Toyota's after wanting them to win from 1999 for so long...
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:43 (Ref:3910331)   #313
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good morning from Colorado, just about set up with coffee in hand. Looking forward to my favorite 24 hour period of the entire year, I'll be watching flag to flag just like every year. I actually will have the house to myself after the first few hours. Rebellion Racing for the win!
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:45 (Ref:3910333)   #314
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Texas the race is here! Go BMW!
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:49 (Ref:3910336)   #315
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Link to Ford timing? (Or suitable timing with sectors, etc)
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:49 (Ref:3910337)   #316
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tom Kristensen is a great driver but a terrible TV interviewer, he's all over the place.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:50 (Ref:3910338)   #317
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Link to Ford timing? (Or suitable timing with sectors, etc)
Ford said it would be here. Select Main Camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmOCP-JB6r4

It is not up yet, hopefully it will.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:51 (Ref:3910340)   #318
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GTE battle is going to be bonkers (i hope!). Also looking forward to the battle between the privateer LMP1s. LMP2 is going to be exciting as well.

Cheering for the #7 Toyoyta. Kamui deserves a win in my book.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:53 (Ref:3910341)   #319
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cars moving on track is getting me excited!
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:54 (Ref:3910342)   #320
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Ford said it would be here. Select Main Camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmOCP-JB6r4

It is not up yet, hopefully it will.
It is working for me right now
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:55 (Ref:3910343)   #321
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here we go! I started watching around '99. 41yrs young here. Love THIS race. One of my favorite days of the year! Go Corvette Racing! Go SMP! Go Project1 and WeatherTEch!
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:56 (Ref:3910344)   #322
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It is working for me right now
The video is, but Ford said they would stream timing on that stream, but it isn't on that yet.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:56 (Ref:3910345)   #323
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess a rep from Gibson said the engines in both Rebellion cars had "high mileage" on them, and that they know what caused the failure... That doesn't make me feel any less nervous about the longevity. Was it the extra horsepower, something else, nothing else and just a tired power plant. I guess we will see...
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3910346)   #324
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livininthinair View Post
I guess a rep from Gibson said the engines in both Rebellion cars had "high mileage" on them, and that they know what caused the failure... That doesn't make me feel any less nervous about the longevity. Was it the extra horsepower, something else, nothing else and just a tired power plant. I guess we will see...
Similar feeling here. Not very confident on Rebellion, but I'd hope we're wrong!
Old 15 Jun 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3910347)   #325
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hoping a SMP can spice it up in the front at the start!