Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Aug 2007, 19:59 (Ref:1982811)   #1276
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
makes sense
What's Jan doing now?
Trying to drum up some sponsorship to make up for the deficit from the departure of David Hart, I'd wager.

Poor Jan, he always had too hard a go of finding backers when they actually had results to show for the Dome program. Now, I can't say that as a backer I'd be too enthused, they hardly ever run the car and as a result they don't make an attractive team to back. The results haven't exactly been stellar either.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 20:02 (Ref:1982814)   #1277
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Trying to drum up some sponsorship to make up for the deficit from the departure of David Hart, I'd wager.

Poor Jan, he always had too hard a go of finding backers when they actually had results to show for the Dome program. Now, I can't say that as a backer I'd be too enthused, they hardly ever run the car and as a result they don't make an attractive team to back. The results haven't exactly been stellar either.
we have been walking through the CER paddock with David Hart, as he wanted to look for another car he could use during the LMS weekends... a Lola T70 is what he was after last time we met...
Old 6 Aug 2007, 20:04 (Ref:1982816)   #1278
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so basically he could have bought that by now...and you would miss it because you're going to be in California?
Old 6 Aug 2007, 20:06 (Ref:1982821)   #1279
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
so basically he could have bought that by now...and you would miss it because you're going to be in California?
that is all correct
but on the other hand, he would then only drive for an hour race on saturday, so maybe that would again be too little track time...
Old 6 Aug 2007, 20:49 (Ref:1982867)   #1280
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
it's not ACO, it is the LMS organisation that does the site....
okay. I didn't know that those two were separate organisations.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 05:26 (Ref:1991711)   #1281
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How long have autograph sessions been at LMS races? The timetable for Spa shows one before the race. Will they hand out items for promotion?
Old 19 Aug 2007, 09:45 (Ref:1991846)   #1282
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bil588
How long have autograph sessions been at LMS races? The timetable for Spa shows one before the race. Will they hand out items for promotion?
Only been to 2 here in the UK but both times there were autograph sessions!

ACO doing for the fans what the FIA wont!
Old 22 Aug 2007, 09:59 (Ref:1994384)   #1283
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
A lot of teams intend to skip the last LMS round and no ALMS currently plans to go to Brasil.

source: http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...=3121&Itemid=2
Old 23 Aug 2007, 21:13 (Ref:1995442)   #1284
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Latest is that AGR will go to Brazil for the LMS ..... brilliant news . Cant wait to see how they shape up against the rest of'em . Kannan will be the 3rd driver
Old 23 Aug 2007, 21:26 (Ref:1995452)   #1285
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Latest is that AGR will go to Brazil for the LMS ..... brilliant news . Cant wait to see how they shape up against the rest of'em . Kannan will be the 3rd driver
Sorry , i forgot to mention i read this on the paddock.net ..... and maybe VDS too .
Old 23 Aug 2007, 21:31 (Ref:1995457)   #1286
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The estimate, according to DSC, is that in the region of 30 Le Mans Series cars will make the trip to Interlagos.

Shinji Nakano will not race the Creation again (this year?). Expect another Japanese driver to take his place at Silverstone and perhaps a Brazilian at Interlagos.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 21:32 (Ref:1995459)   #1287
The Badger
Veteran

Any reason why ?
Old 23 Aug 2007, 21:35 (Ref:1995462)   #1288
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Any reason why ?
Unless I've misunderstood, I think the implication is that the ACO took a very dim view of the Narac incident.........
Old 23 Aug 2007, 21:39 (Ref:1995464)   #1289
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
The estimate, according to DSC, is that in the region of 30 Le Mans Series cars will make the trip to Interlagos.
Incidentally, 30 was the figure offered by Patrick Peter.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 21:49 (Ref:1995471)   #1290
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Unless I've misunderstood, I think the implication is that the ACO took a very dim view of the Narac incident.........
If they didn't (and that was my impression too) than surely Creation has. After having binned the car at LM because he failed to heed warnings about the aero imbalance caused by the myriad bodywork replacements using parts of low and high downforce kits, he must have not been in high favour. Given what a bonehead move the Narac incident seems to have been, then it is not surprising he has been shown the door.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 22:18 (Ref:1995486)   #1291
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry , i forgot to mention i read this on the paddock.net ..... and maybe VDS too .
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....2&postcount=25

L.P.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 22:43 (Ref:1995495)   #1292
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Is there any video out there of this incident? Assuming SPEED does their highlights shows, it will probably still be more than a month till those of us over here see the race.

And thanks for that track map in the other thread, Tim the Grey. It's thoroughly disappointing to see all that tarmac run-off added, and these track realignments diminish the circuit's character. I also suspect the changes will hurt, not help, overtaking at Spa.
Old 24 Aug 2007, 04:45 (Ref:1995586)   #1293
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
The runoff areas look terrible, nobody will ever deny this. The sad fact is that gravel traps a la F1 don't look so hot themselves, and had a whole spate of negative impacts on races (beached cars, tracks covered in gravel off the racing line and sometimes on). The best look in my opinion was something circa the late 60s, but for obvious reasons this 'look' is no longer widely in vogue save hillclimbing, rallying and the Serbian Super Touring Championship. It is always about compromise.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 17:31 (Ref:2005426)   #1294
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kruse Pescarolo lost in fire!

The Kruse Pescarolo and transport trailer lost in fire on way back from testing at a refueling station!

link

L.P.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 20:12 (Ref:2005615)   #1295
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
It appears that Silverstone will be the last appearance Courage in competition this year. link

L.P.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 21:19 (Ref:2005670)   #1296
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interlagos is starting to look like a big fiasco
Old 6 Sep 2007, 21:50 (Ref:2005689)   #1297
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
Interlagos is starting to look like a big fiasco
One wonders if there will be repercussions for those that do not attend from the ACO(?), LeMans spots?

L.P.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 22:04 (Ref:2005694)   #1298
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's certainly going to alter the points standings.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 22:13 (Ref:2005699)   #1299
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps we should add those that will go instead of those that wont
Old 7 Sep 2007, 08:10 (Ref:2005891)   #1300
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
One wonders if there will be repercussions for those that do not attend from the ACO(?), LeMans spots?

L.P.
I would not think so...it is pretty understandable that many teams do not go when the costs are high and the sea-transport gets them car-less for quite some time. On top of that I do not think Pesca, Courage, Oreca would get their LM spots cancelled/rejected...both because of performance-history-prestige and, let's say, living in the neighbourhood of the ACO...

I still believe the only viable formula would have been like in the old Buenos Aires 1000km: the works teams go untouched, the privateers (like Radical is trying to do BTW) rent out one seat to a local driver.Brazil has a huge pool of good drivers that can put out quite a show on a proto or GT. Only to name a few that took part in the 2005 1000 Milhas: the Piquets, Chico Serra, Ingo Hoffman, you also have Chris Fittipaldi and Tony Kanaan confirmed... not to mention a few Argies that could also take a shot in view of next year's probable Potrero de los Funes FIA-GT race. I'm sure you'd have a queue of (budget-backed) fast drivers wanting to jump in a Vette, Aston, Lola-AER or Pesca. You'd just need someone speaking Portuguese and Spanish (like me ) to promote the deals!!!