Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Apr 2003, 20:37 (Ref:582337)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Jaguar / Wurz deal done?!?!

Just read on F1-Live that apparently the deal is all but done, and he is expected to make his debut at his home race in Austria May 18th...

Go Wurz!
Old 27 Apr 2003, 20:50 (Ref:582344)   #2
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be excellent. Did McLaren see that coming, hence the reason for de la Rosa?
Old 28 Apr 2003, 00:13 (Ref:582439)   #3
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It shocked Eddie Irvine when he did hear that Pedro de la Rosa, his teammate at Jaguar, has been appointed as a McLaren test driver,
Eddie said in the Sun recently. “He's a lovely guy, but when it comes to giving engineers any feedback on what the car is doing he's useless. It's a bizarre appointment considering another ex-partner of mine, Luciano Burti, is a brilliant test driver and wants to get back into F1.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 06:59 (Ref:582520)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Wurz have forgotten what its like to race ?....its been years !
Old 28 Apr 2003, 07:13 (Ref:582532)   #5
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Well...only two really.

How many years did Panis test for the Woking-squad? Wasn´t that during 1998, 1999 and 2000? Didn´t hurt him either...

Too bad to see Pizzonia go though
Old 28 Apr 2003, 07:34 (Ref:582551)   #6
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Another F1 contract torn to pieces.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 07:37 (Ref:582554)   #7
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pressure these guys are under is absolutely amazing.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 28 Apr 2003, 08:24 (Ref:582576)   #8
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
Another F1 contract torn to pieces.
I'm not sure it's fair to say it's being ripped up or not honored. There is most likely a performance clause which allows a quick exit.

It's tough, and my opinion premature, but thats one of the things that comes with taking on a rookie driver.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 08:27 (Ref:582579)   #9
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar have certainly developed a reputation for sacking employees. Right from the top down.
I think Pizzonia needs a few more races before being booted
Old 28 Apr 2003, 08:32 (Ref:582582)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
He knew how to hold his ground against SchM at Monaco, so I think this guy will not be lacking. I think he will make an admirable team mate for Mark Webber. I think this will be a very strong team.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 08:40 (Ref:582587)   #11
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great driver pair - one of my favourites and ne of the very best newcomers. Can't wait.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 08:50 (Ref:582593)   #12
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex Wurz is probably my favourite driver out of the current bunch - hopefully he can get to grips with the Jag quickly and show Webber how it's really done...
Old 28 Apr 2003, 08:52 (Ref:582594)   #13
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mark & Wurz will be a great team I've always been a fan of Wurz
When this Jag is sorted out these two Will be hard to beat
Old 28 Apr 2003, 09:28 (Ref:582623)   #14
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really, really hope this isnt true
Old 28 Apr 2003, 09:36 (Ref:582629)   #15
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Down F0rce
I really, really hope this isnt true
Why?
Old 28 Apr 2003, 09:40 (Ref:582633)   #16
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Call me stupid but I still can't see Jags logic in getting rid of Irvine,he would have done a much better job for them.Playing musical drivers after a few races isn't going to help them much this season,and its a season they desperately need good results so Mr Ford doesn't pull the pin on them.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 09:46 (Ref:582635)   #17
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Call me stupid but I still can't see Jags logic in getting rid of Irvine,he would have done a much better job for them.
No more drugs for this man.

Don't panic to much downforce.

The source is a little suspect to say the least, and would'nt it be great if he puts on a brilliant show in front of his home crowd on a track he knows better than most.

It ain'nt over yet.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 10:40 (Ref:582687)   #18
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Call me stupid but I still can't see Jags logic in getting rid of Irvine,he would have done a much better job for them.
There's another story on F1-Live saying Webber would have preferred Irvine as a partner. It's always a bit annoying having two fairly new drivers in a team, much more interesting to have one of them being more experienced. Also better for the drivers to be able to measure themselves against someone who's "been there, done that".

Pizzonia hasn't been there long enough to deserve this kind of treatment. Even given that this is Formula One, four races, none of which I'd describe as that bad (right?), ain't enough to decide to sack him. Jaguar show their true colours again...
Old 28 Apr 2003, 10:56 (Ref:582702)   #19
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wurz has a reputation from his Benneton years up to now of being very technically adept. That with being a very good driver would be a great benefit to a developing Jaguar team. Sure it would be all BooHoo for Pizzonia, but last time I checked Jaguar wasn't a nursery for developing drivers. They need a driver to compliment Webber and Wurz would more than fit that bill right now. Pizzonia could if anything be kept on as Jag's friday tester.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 28 Apr 2003, 10:59 (Ref:582706)   #20
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Nice too know I'm not stupid then!.Eddie would have easily been standing on a few podiums this season.Pizzonia certianally has been shafted,but it sure wasnt the time for Jag to bring in a complete newcomer,hopefully whoever it was that came up with the idea has followed Niki L down the road.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 11:10 (Ref:582713)   #21
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
sadly for Pizza boy I think Jag now realize that they need two fast consistant drivers that can sort out a car .
Saying that Pizza is fast but its the sorting out the car where I feel he really struggles . Its not like a test programme to make a good /fast car better ala his test role at Williams but in Jags case its a team /car complete o'haul
Pizza is a fine driver but it takes something different to assit in a o'haul of team and car many driver's in the past very good ones at that have failed to do this job .Driver like MS who is the presant day driver to drag a team like Ferrari out of the deeps of F1 badlands . Now I'am not saying ( at this stage ) Mark is the next MS ( but some in 10/10ths have hinted to it ) that Mark is very Shuey like in this manner .
One thing is for sure once they hook this Cat up it will mount a serious threat to the top 4 of course with MW leading the charge
Old 28 Apr 2003, 14:20 (Ref:582868)   #22
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jaguar deserve a serious reprimand for changing their lineup around yet again. Four races is nowhere near enough for Pizzonia to establish himslef, especially under the new qualifying / testing system. Maybe they should've fired Lauda before he made the driver signings, making that decision so far into the 2003 preperations suggests that they panicked. Wurz would do a good job, but so, given time, can Pizzonia.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 14:29 (Ref:582879)   #23
F1naWeb
Rookie

F1naWeb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just 4 races, 3-1 to Webber in qualifies and both with no points... well, I don´t think it´s time to drop Pizzonia...
Old 28 Apr 2003, 15:05 (Ref:582911)   #24
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And there was me thinking Jaguear needed stability after three years of upheaval. Alas. Bad move, I fear.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 15:13 (Ref:582918)   #25
Glen
Veteran

It is a mystery to me that Wurz hasn't been in a seat already. Disregarding the fact that Pizzonia got it, and assuming that we were standing looking forward to a brand new season, Wurz would seem far better placed.

This is a good move - Webber is totally outclassing his team-mate. It will be very interesting to find out if Webber's excellent form is all of his own making or if he being made to look good by so-so partners.