Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 Feb 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2633852)   #1
garybirch
Racer

England
Taunton, Somerset UK
garybirch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 BGP Guest Pass Requests

Hoping the admins will be happy to have this thread...

This is for people like me, looking for kind hearted people who have been invited to marshal the F1 British Grand Prix (unlike me for unknown reasons), who do not intend to invite a guest and would be happy to pass them on to other marshals.

Obviously any of us using other people's guest passes need to know the responsibility for using them and not cause any issues or problems for those kind enough to offer us their passes. We are a community of like minded people and I would hope that we would take these concerns into consideration. We would in effect be the guest of the marshal.
These tickets cannot be sold to each other, but perhaps a small thank you might not go amiss.

Anyway, to start this off, I am asking if there is one guest pass that I might use please. Don't know why I didn't get invited after 5 years of being so, but would still like to be with the Castle Combe faithful for a great weekend.

Private Messages would be the best way to communicate.

Thanks all.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 16:37 (Ref:2633863)   #2
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure if this would be better in the group or not. Not too sure how I'd create one or if I can.

However, I will do my yearly scrounge. I am more than happy to pay with liquid money
Old 15 Feb 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2633957)   #3
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
Not sure if this would be better in the group or not. Not too sure how I'd create one or if I can.

However, I will do my yearly scrounge. I am more than happy to pay with liquid money
Unfortunately no spares this year, good luck with your quest! :-)

[Robin would get my recommendation for your spare pass - others seem to forget the simple courtesy of a thank you and 'hello' at the campsite]
Old 15 Feb 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2634020)   #4
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm after two passes. My normal suppliers are unable to get the time off work. P.M.if you can oblige. Liquid renumeration?

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 15 Feb 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2634022)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please remember that tickets are officially for a guest and should not be sold. Advertising tickets for sale will therefore not be permitted (and I'm sure that the powers that be would read here and make note of such dealings should they occur), so please do not offer or ask for money in exchange. Beers on the campsite are, I'm sure, exempt as hospitality is shared isn't it?

Similarly I suggest you keep this to offers to, or requests from, fellow marshals as a courtesy to your colleagues. I'd suggest it's also reasonable to give preference to marshals already attending who require additional passes for family members without whose goodwill they might not be permitted to marshal. Or even walk again...!

In other words, keep it subtle and above board and I'm sure there will be no objections.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 21:55 (Ref:2634031)   #6
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I was accepted, I'd have a spare ticket, as my partner and daughter have no interest in Motorsport (heathens!) There is still a chance, as they are now going to use the new circuit, that I may still get a place. So I suggest that all those wanting spare tickets write to the MSA and ask for Nick Bowen to be given one of the new places.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 22:08 (Ref:2634041)   #7
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to add my name to the list of people who put there name down to marshal the GP, but were not selected. If anyone has a guest pass that is not spoken for, I would be most grateful of the opportunity to use it. Please PM me if one is available.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 10:04 (Ref:2634267)   #8
garybirch
Racer

England
Taunton, Somerset UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Please remember that tickets are officially for a guest and should not be sold. Advertising tickets for sale will therefore not be permitted (and I'm sure that the powers that be would read here and make note of such dealings should they occur), so please do not offer or ask for money in exchange. Beers on the campsite are, I'm sure, exempt as hospitality is shared isn't it?

Similarly I suggest you keep this to offers to, or requests from, fellow marshals as a courtesy to your colleagues.
Exactly why I wrote what I did in setting this thread up!
Old 16 Feb 2010, 11:12 (Ref:2634296)   #9
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess I need to add, that what I mean by 'Liquid Money', is of course alcohol or any other type of drink.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 13:19 (Ref:2634361)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garybirch View Post
Exactly why I wrote what I did in setting this thread up!
I know, just confirming from the admin side...
Old 16 Feb 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2634443)   #11
garybirch
Racer

England
Taunton, Somerset UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I know, just confirming from the admin side...
Thanks.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2634511)   #12
speedy jon
Racer

Wales
pencoed
speedy jon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i also would like to join the would like a spare ticket list.
ticket would be exchanged for drink.

thanks jon
Old 16 Feb 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2634621)   #13
markymark555
Rookie

United Kingdom
Northampton
markymark555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I could be cheeky enough to put my name down for a spare ticket that would be good, and of course it wouldnt go unrewarded - far from it :-)
Old 16 Feb 2010, 23:23 (Ref:2634680)   #14
welche2
Racer

United Kingdom
swadlincote
welche2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
never been to the grand prix and would love to go and watch it if there is a spare pass going please put me down for it, being a trainee marshal and not upgraded yet fingers crossed early this year so was not allowed to apply , but fingers crossed will be in the future and the favour will be returned,
Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2647702)   #15
calloforion
Rookie

England
London
calloforion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a long shot I know, but if any body had a spare ticket for the Grand Prix, I would be more than willing to exchange copious amounts of booze for it. I'm only a trainee so I couldn't apply (sob story). PM me if anybody could help me out.

Ta, Rob
Old 11 Mar 2010, 08:55 (Ref:2649429)   #16
ZombieSheep
Rookie

England
Pontefract
ZombieSheep should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm in a similar position to a great many people, being still a trainee I couldn't apply, but I do have a large supply of liquid refreshment looking for a good home if anyone has a spare pass.
Thanks.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2649576)   #17
ss24355261
Racer

United Kingdom
mansfield
ss24355261 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
stephen swallow
I want to be added to the list i am looking for a ticket for a trainee marshal (wayne hawkins) some of you will now him he is all ways on post with me.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 08:30 (Ref:2677732)   #18
garybirch
Racer

England
Taunton, Somerset UK
Thought I'd give a gentle reminder that there are some of us still on the look out for spare guest passes.
If you're not planning to use yours, please consider sharing them with your fellow marshals who, for some reason, didn't get picked this year (despite numerous years at the BGP).
Thanks one and all.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2677789)   #19
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Glad i did not put name down this year.......
Old 15 May 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2691111)   #20
ren
Rookie

England
redditch
ren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brit grand prix wrist bands

hey guys
i'm part of a group of marshals of which one of us got on the grand prix and i am lucky enough to get his spare band. am hoping on a long shot that some-one may have a spare guest band for an other of the lads we would be prepare to swap your spare for spare we may have for bttc, f.o.s or revival
thanks
Old 15 May 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2691121)   #21
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
If I was accepted, I'd have a spare ticket, as my partner and daughter have no interest in Motorsport (heathens!) There is still a chance, as they are now going to use the new circuit, that I may still get a place. So I suggest that all those wanting spare tickets write to the MSA and ask for Nick Bowen to be given one of the new places.
Thanks to all those who wrote to the MSA, it worked!
Old 19 May 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2694197)   #22
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didnt think I would need to ask, but due to a change in circumstances I need to take my son with me this year aswell.

So if any one still has a spare pass it would be much appreciated, liquid compensation is available
Old 19 May 2010, 20:20 (Ref:2694320)   #23
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1 View Post
I'm after two passes. My normal suppliers are unable to get the time off work. P.M.if you can oblige. Liquid renumeration?
Still need two passes if any fellow marshals can help.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 20 May 2010, 09:43 (Ref:2694593)   #24
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Requesting one spare pass. This will enable my nephew to come and see his first F1 along with his Dad (my brother-in-law) who will get my guest pass.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 11:37 (Ref:2709695)   #25
chriskench
Racer

England
henley-on-thames
chriskench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi if any one has any spare tickets or passes for the f1 please let me know thanks chris