Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jun 2011, 07:30 (Ref:2889786)   #26
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Positive thing about a wet track is the possibility to make nice pictures, nothing positive more for me.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 16:48 (Ref:2891107)   #27
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the forecasts are now for a wet race!

Will change i am sure but the long dry spell out there has been broken.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 17:26 (Ref:2891125)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And they will change. We all know that. The speculation is fun, but largely meaningless. It will be what it will be.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 22:37 (Ref:2891245)   #29
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As someone who will be watching the race at home here in Australia, an hour or two of rain during the night, with another shower that finishes with about two hours to go, giving us a dry sprint to the line could really liven things up if there is a few cars in contention and I'm talking LMP and GT's.
Luckily for everybody going this year, my weather predictions are about as good as my race predictions. For the spectators, I hope you have a dry and enjoyable weekend. Dry, as in the weather, that is.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2891251)   #30
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Showers are fine - they can spice up what is turning in to a dull race - see Le Mans 2008 for example. Wall to wall rain tends to ruin races as the spectators get soaked and miserable and more often than not, the cars spend ages trundling round behind the safety car. I still shudder when I remember the Silverstone 1000km 2005.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 00:31 (Ref:2891269)   #31
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Having been there 20 odd times , I do like to see a few showers .

I said showers ..... not pizzing outta it ..... reason is , given a pace car period , with a little rain , it can bunch the field up again ..... and lead to a better scrap .

Rain ..... no ..... has no place in motorsports . Annoys folk , slows cars , and generaly leads to a **** race .

Just take a look at the youtube vids of Le Mans 1992 ..... all questions are answered !!!

Rain is not allowed at Le Mans in June ..... EVER !!!

I totally expect a post citation from Ayse for that comment . Very qiuck to hand out the Max Mosley style attention ..... what about citations Andrew ?
Old 5 Jun 2011, 07:07 (Ref:2891323)   #32
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
From my experience 'shower' in LM are usually pretty dramatic!
Old 5 Jun 2011, 07:22 (Ref:2891327)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

I said showers ..... not pizzing outta it ..... reason is , given a pace car period , with a little rain , it can bunch the field up again ..... and lead to a better scrap .

Rain ..... no ..... has no place in motorsports . Annoys folk , slows cars , and generaly leads to a **** race .

Just take a look at the youtube vids of Le Mans 1992 ..... all questions are answered !!!

I totally expect a post citation from Ayse for that comment . Very qiuck to hand out the Max Mosley style attention ..... what about citations Andrew ?

What, for saying what you know I want to hear........? ;_

OK.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 17:19 (Ref:2891583)   #34
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
What, for saying what you know I want to hear........? ;_

OK.
Of course !!!
Old 5 Jun 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2891641)   #35
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Weather.com has moved the rain to Friday, and that both Saturday and Sunday will be partly cloudy to mostly sunny with highs of 70F

Sounds better, Ayse?
Old 5 Jun 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2891661)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, but there's still a lot of time to go. With luck that may yet push away - it can rain all it likes on the Monday after the race.......
Old 6 Jun 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2892247)   #37
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

I don't remember 1992 edition but the 2007 one under rain was vey very sleepy with all the long safety-car periods
Old 9 Jun 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2894211)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
1992 was wet pretty well throughout, although the **** was never torrential, unlike 2007.....
Old 9 Jun 2011, 13:31 (Ref:2894289)   #39
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me the biggest advantage of a wet Le Mans is I'll be sitting at home watching it on TV!

Having been soaked to the skin a few times, that'll be a big plus for me.

It can get pretty dangerous and that can't be good, but on the other side lower powered cars can show off their driver skills and/or handling prowess.

Some wet spells, preferably during the day so visibility's not too compromised, would be good, but a wet night will be hell.

M.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 17:25 (Ref:2895259)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
This thread's gone pretty quiet now - I think we'll leave further weather-related comments to the 'weather' thread.......