Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 May 2014, 03:31 (Ref:3409643)   #1
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Veggie New Grandstand not all that far from Tertre Rouge Corner

On the outside of the track, with a view of TR corner and the beginning of Hunaudieres straight, a new Grandstand is erected.
Tickets 60 euro, non allocated seating. "to meet demand"

Demand must be really really high this year, if the ACO is putting up new grandstands and turning football looker rooms into hotelrooms.

Hope this doesn't obscure my view from my tent too much

http://ticket.lemans.org/tribune-01-...ri2479554.html
Old 24 May 2014, 05:36 (Ref:3409666)   #2
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I suspect that will be on the bank above the second part of the Esses looking towards Tertre Rouge. They had a couple of stands there years ago.
Old 24 May 2014, 05:36 (Ref:3409667)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I seem to remember a grandstand around there several years ago
Old 24 May 2014, 06:51 (Ref:3409678)   #4
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I was up there during practice but found the view not that great
Old 24 May 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3409744)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, as I said somewhere else, I sat in what I suspect is the same location back in 2006. I don't think it could be moved any closer to TR corner.

TR/Esses Grandstand
Old 24 May 2014, 11:19 (Ref:3409757)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As far as i remember this was an open stand and to be honest the view was no better than from the top of the banking
Old 24 May 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3409763)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
As far as i remember this was an open stand and to be honest the view was no better than from the top of the banking
No, I'm sure it had a roof. I wouldn't have bought the ticket otherwise.

EDIT:

From the ACO page (autotranslated - Tertre 'Red'!!)

TRIBUNE 01 TERTRE RED
CIRCUITS OF LE MANS
- Temporary Covered grandstand located outside side track Tertre Rouge Esses
- unnumbered seats (seats)
- Privileged view of the Esses and Tertre Rouge early Mulsanne
- Entries closest: E14 (Tertre Rouge) and E16 (Bridge Panorama)
Old 27 May 2014, 01:18 (Ref:3411113)   #8
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hold the phone?! I'm bringing my OWN grandstand to Tertre Rouge. They can bugger off with something that blocks my view! GRR...
Do Decathlon stock chain saws?
Old 27 May 2014, 03:38 (Ref:3411135)   #9
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Perhaps our trusty Frenchman on the ground (Bat) to snag a couple of pictures of the precise location of this grand stand and what it looks like?
Old 27 May 2014, 05:57 (Ref:3411149)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Hold the phone?! I'm bringing my OWN grandstand to Tertre Rouge. They can bugger off with something that blocks my view! GRR...
Do Decathlon stock chain saws?
When are you arriving, most of the pitches against the fence with good views will by gone Sunday/Monday but as the ground slopes towards the track you will still get a view from a little further back.
The pitches by the fence appear to be the best spots against the fence, but they are noisy and offer very little privacy so perhaps those further back are better.
Old 27 May 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3411292)   #11
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New tent ordered for delivery this week - started packing - very excited.
See you guys soon and looking forward to meeting some new friends on TR.
Role of 25th LM!...
Old 27 May 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3411320)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
New tent ordered for delivery this week - started packing - very excited.
See you guys soon and looking forward to meeting some new friends on TR.
Role of 25th LM!...
Well lets hope it isw easy to put up Gavin as i was hpoing to put it up tuesday to reserve your spot ready for when you get down on Thursday.
Old 27 May 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3411443)   #13
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I think that's the new grandstand, from endurance-info
http://d2uv4t0ox1pknx.cloudfront.net...1/imgp3647.jpg
in the background, you can see another one around the esses
http://d2uv4t0ox1pknx.cloudfront.net...1/imgp3655.jpg
Old 27 May 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3411468)   #14
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Few new stands to try in the practice sessions.

Hopefully they'll stick another big screen up somewhere too - ideally the Esses.
Old 28 May 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3411962)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Could be good for a different view during qually
Old 28 May 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3411968)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Could be good for a different view during qually
And if you turn round you can look into our campsite, remember to wave
Old 28 May 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3411985)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Will do!
Old 28 May 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3412032)   #18
tonypowe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
tonypowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I first saw the thread title I had a gulp, thought they might put it inside the track and take away one of the best photo spots on the circuit.

Maybe will be able to get a slightly different aspect of cars starting off down the Mulsanne?

And also can take some shots of Simon and Co on the 20th beer of the day
Old 28 May 2014, 20:09 (Ref:3412038)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypowe View Post

And also can take some shots of Simon and Co on the 20th beer of the day

I guess that would be at 9 am on Saturday when warm-up starts, Tony?
Old 28 May 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3412039)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
No time for beer on saturday morning, got to cook breakfast, clear up afterwards then get to the michelin visit
Old 28 May 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3412041)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah well, we can sniff the air for your bacon instead then.......
Old 28 May 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3412047)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The air in camp is usually very bacony every morning
Old 28 May 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3412050)   #23
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ah well, we can sniff the air for your bacon instead then.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The air in camp is usually very bacony every morning

Hey, oddly enough, I ran into this article a few days ago. This could be useful!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5398631.html
Old 28 May 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3412073)   #24
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, I have been in contact with Bacon. BUT I did NOT inhale!
Looks like I'll be lucky to see anything from back amongst the trees, as I arrive on Wednesday in Tertre Rouge campsite.
Old 28 May 2014, 21:32 (Ref:3412074)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You can always stand on that huge table!