Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2699128)   #101
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think you can catch a shuttle train/well thats what they call it, from the main enterance to the Beausjour campsite which is very close to the porsche curves, if not it is a reasonable walk but not much slower than trying to drive it during the race. You can walk from there to arnarge but it is a little bit further than it looks on the map.
That's right , we went to the inside of the Porsche curves last year and we had to enter it next to the Beausejour campsite. It takes a little walk but the spot was ok.
And you can always take the train to the campsite from the village as mentioned.
Old 27 May 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2699227)   #102
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Arriving early afternoon on Wednesday. We're in T 20 for the start and finish and a base from time to time and have the car nearby in Blanc car park. Tertre Rouge at dawn on Sunday is an absolute must as are Grand Marnier crepes sometime during the night.
We'll try and make the 10/10ths meet on Saturday morning (but not going to miss the Group C's for anything!) as we'd like to put faces to some names on here!
We're in a hotel at St Saturnin - we're not snobs but never camped, no gear, wouldn't know where to start.....and probably too old to learn!
Back via Eurotunnel on Monday afternoon.
John, you are only one up from me in terms of Tribune, Im in T19 this year. We will all be watching the GpC race I expect and the meeting will take place after, so if you want meet me and my Dad and sidle over after the GpC race drop me a PM and I'll give you my mobile number.
Old 27 May 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2699253)   #103
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Will be at La Sarthe by Wednesday mid to late afternoon.....am sooooooooooooooooo looking forward to this, I will admit, I am a Le Mans junkie..... so shoot me or sue me lol

(whooops left the s of Le Mans....looked like I was a man junkie!)
Old 27 May 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2699256)   #104
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
A couple of questions.......

Which car park is used for the Porsche Curves enclosure now?

How do I get to the new spectator bank on the interior of the Porsche Curves?

Cheers!
I'm not sure you have a car park near the porsche curves without a special pass, There is one here : http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...2167a80970c-pi
and to get the new spectator bank you ahave , you have to walk this way :
http://lmp2.numeriblog.fr/.a/6a00d83...216875a970c-pi
Old 27 May 2010, 14:30 (Ref:2699286)   #105
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year was the first since 1979 that I didn't go.

This year I was probably not going to go again (but I had been checking out the travel options ), but it was all decided for me when I broke my leg skiing.

So, it's a second year following the race on TV - Still, got a nice HD Plasma and HD Eurosport to enjoy it on this year, so I think it'll be alright

M
Old 2 Jun 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2703299)   #106
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone know where to find allocation maps of the campsites?
We're somewhere at Houx annexe but I'd like to know where exactly.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2703327)   #107
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys..

I need a way to get from the train station to the track.

How to do that on a thursday?
Old 2 Jun 2010, 17:35 (Ref:2703340)   #108
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Best Way is to use the Tram .
Old 2 Jun 2010, 17:45 (Ref:2703347)   #109
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind View Post
Guys..
I need a way to get from the train station to the track.
How to do that on a thursday?
The tram runs right by the train station, and stops there. Should be pretty easy. Just take the southbound tram right to the terminus and you're there.
keke
Old 2 Jun 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2703352)   #110
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
See here for details of hot to get from the train station to the track via the tram:

http://www.setram.fr/upload/telechar...t24hdumans.pdf
Old 3 Jun 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2704103)   #111
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perfect!

Many happy thoughts from the dieselguys down at Kolles
Old 5 Jun 2010, 08:24 (Ref:2704946)   #112
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
RoeDent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sofa and computer spectator as always this year, 'camping' at the 10-Tenths Campsite for the first time. RLM on here, Eurosport on the telly, plenty of coffee and snacks. Going to try and push for 2am or even 3am (I'll see how I feel), and recording a considerable chunk of it onto blank DVDs.