Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Feb 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3367484)   #276
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe Michelin don't want to supply tyres to a leading team from a series that uses Contis?
Old 12 Feb 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3367493)   #277
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Maybe Michelin don't want to supply tyres to a leading team from a series that uses Contis?
It's not like Muscle Milk have a choice in USCC. It's either Continentals or no USCC.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3367495)   #278
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I meant more from a data sharing point of view. Probably nonsense anyway...
Old 12 Feb 2014, 22:06 (Ref:3367515)   #279
rwindle
Rookie

United States
Dallas, Texas
rwindle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would Michelin refuse to supply a potential paying customer that runs in TUSCC? Possible payback for IMSA's single tire source mentality. That's pure speculation on my part.

I'll be cheering for Corvette Racing and the few American drivers in this year's race ... same as the past few years.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 01:15 (Ref:3367566)   #280
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Despite their confirmation - why am I not surprised. I don't see the point any more in giving auto entries to U.S. teams.

Just a waste of a process and press releases.

At least they didn't do what ESM did last year and actually file their entry before backing out.
It was very annoying when they did that, but in the back of my mind ever since they started LMP2. They've kept quiet this year... I wonder if they've even considered sending an entry application for an HPD ARX in LMP2?

Always struck me as a bit unprofessional to pull out at the last minute, in part because it leaves other reserve-listed teams scrambling just before the race. Especially if a team is on the budget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I agree. Dyson, ESM and now Pickett - the list is growing, not what the ACO need.
Well, if you look at it that way, the 'list' is incredibly long if you treat it as an accumulation of North American null entries that have mentioned a Le Mans effort.

Nevertheless, I see you're point... wouldn't be surprised if Risi dropped out in the process. They've been on pins and needles for a while now, especially since that disastrous ALMS season last year that saw them destroy several cars through almost no fault of their own. And this year, the massive crash at Daytona that sent Matteo Malucelli to hospital... it hasn't been an easy return to sportscar racing, but they said they will provide assistance to Krohn Racing at Le Mans. That makes me think they'll both be there, but you never know... I must admit I never thought of Muscle Milk dropping out.

Some food for cynical thought... perhaps the poor performance of LMP2s at the Rolex 24 spurred Greg Pickett to throw in the towel?

From Sportscar365...

Quote:
“We’ve gone to Le Mans in the past and we know how much work it takes to get to and be well prepared for that race,” Pickett added. “We also know how much work it takes to fight for a championship, especially with a new car, which is why we’ve decided to solely focus on the TUDOR Championship this season.

“We’ve seen what we’re up against following the 24 hours of Daytona, and that is a very steep hill to climb. While we know that we can battle with the best, we want to ensure that we’re not leaving anything on the table in this Championship fight.
They freaking beat OAK and ESM, some of the best in the business! I think that perhaps the Daytona Prototype domination at the Rolex 24 has gone to their heads a little bit, especially after sweeping the floor with Dyson last year in the ALMS.

Surely they would have considered their opponents and perhaps a greater disparity of BoP than was initially expected.

Also, the date conflict with the TUSC Detroit / Belle Isle round didn't help. In hindsight, it seems a bit foolish to put it a day before the test day when IMSA clearly knows new American teams and drivers need to attend it. Seems a bit counterproductive to me!

*Sigh*....
Old 13 Feb 2014, 02:56 (Ref:3367577)   #281
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

They freaking beat OAK and ESM, some of the best in the business!
Somehow the words 'ESM' and 'best in the business' don't compute.

MM is a top team, Starworks has already shown how overrated the top teams in FIA WEC LMP2 are and I'm sure MM's 'competitiveness' issues they are referring to is just a press release addition to the real problem regarding the tire situation.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 08:40 (Ref:3367643)   #282
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like Porsche will be sponsored by Scheaffler and Veltins .

Some some yellow , green and red in the livery .

Veltins is beer ..... and as far as I know alcohol is banned from advertising ? But not in all the countys the WEC will visit .

Link here . 7th line down .

http://mariantic.co.uk/lmp/
Old 13 Feb 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3367739)   #283
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Looks like Porsche will be sponsored by Scheaffler and Veltins .

Some some yellow , green and red in the livery .

Veltins is beer ..... and as far as I know alcohol is banned from advertising ? But not in all the countys the WEC will visit .

Link here . 7th line down .

http://mariantic.co.uk/lmp/
That's already discussed in the Porsche LMP1 thread.
Most likely they will be sponsor as in beer supplier for the hospatality tent.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3367809)   #284
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Press Conference Live in 20 min! (15:00 CET)
http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/vid...PopoutButton=1
Old 13 Feb 2014, 13:45 (Ref:3367810)   #285
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And the Press Conference starts...
Old 13 Feb 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3367811)   #286
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any idea what gets announced first? ELMS or WEC or LM?
Old 13 Feb 2014, 13:54 (Ref:3367814)   #287
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Any idea what gets announced first? ELMS or WEC or LM?
Usually the "least" interesting first, so that would be: ELMS - WEC - Le Mans
Old 13 Feb 2014, 13:54 (Ref:3367815)   #288
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Follow the order of WEC, ELMS & LM24 (RadioLeMans)
Old 13 Feb 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3367816)   #289
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Old 13 Feb 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3367817)   #290
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The stream keeps losing connection for me.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3367819)   #291
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
I'm using directly from DailyMotion, and currently working fine - I do, however, not know if I have audio?
Old 13 Feb 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3367821)   #292
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/vid...PopoutButton=1

I don't have any sound, and I have just lost the connection.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3367822)   #293
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
And off it went.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 14:03 (Ref:3367823)   #294
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
No connection for me...
Old 13 Feb 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3367825)   #295
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Mine is working now!

Come join the chat
Old 13 Feb 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3367826)   #296
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It reads "An error occured: $ is not defined at undefined line undefined" here
Old 13 Feb 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3367827)   #297
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dr Ullrich, Hugues de Chaunac... a nice piano partition.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 14:06 (Ref:3367828)   #298
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Hey it's up on the direct DailyMotion stream now.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 14:09 (Ref:3367833)   #299
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
And it has started.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3367834)   #300
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
My dream for the last 4 months... almost here!