Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 7 Jan 2015, 17:14 (Ref:3490731)   #26
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej1 View Post
Being a member does give me a warm fuzzy feeling (which helps on the colder days!). I think the club is brilliant, without the 'taster days' I wouldn't be here at all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej1 View Post
I was just considering options, joining a second club is definitely worth thinking about!
But only if it's free

But don't care.
Old 12 Jan 2015, 19:50 (Ref:3492140)   #27
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
It does work! Certainly made life a lot easier for me last year - a few weeks after doing my Oulton/Anglesey volunteering online, circumstances beyond my control left me unsure as to whether I would be able to marshal for much, if any, of the year. I spent a very sad few minutes cancelling all the meetings I'd volunteered for; when things returned to what passes for normal much more quickly than I expected I was able to spend a very happy few minutes re-volunteering. Much less hassle &confusion than would have resulted from having to do than under the old, manual system.

Agreed insomuch as it's much easier, but the "Cancel" function didn't work for me, despite cancelling well within the required timescale. It resulted in me being a "No Show" on a couple of occasions.
My advice therefore is, that even if you cancel via this website, also contact the CM to confirm!
Saves a lot of hassle!
Old 13 Jan 2015, 08:28 (Ref:3492406)   #28
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark,

Did you report the problem to BMMC?

The volunteering system for 2015 is a brand new system based on our new database. This fault should not be present this year. I will ask the developers to investigate and ensure the "Cancel" function works correctly.
Old 13 Jan 2015, 09:37 (Ref:3492418)   #29
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hobson View Post
Mark,

Did you report the problem to BMMC?

The volunteering system for 2015 is a brand new system based on our new database. This fault should not be present this year. I will ask the developers to investigate and ensure the "Cancel" function works correctly.

Yes Chris I emailed the contact given. It's Great system that should be beneficial to all
Old 21 Jan 2015, 09:18 (Ref:3494724)   #30
Beej1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stoubridge - West Mids
Beej1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the system is up and running, lots of dates on there already. Luckily for me, most of the dates I have planned for this year are on there so I can get volunteering!
Old 21 Jan 2015, 10:27 (Ref:3494746)   #31
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I received loading instructions yesterday, so it looks like a busy time for me loading the dates for SE Region dates (Brands Hatch, Snetterton and Lydden Hill). Patience folks, please.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 17:23 (Ref:3494853)   #32
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund View Post
I received loading instructions yesterday, so it looks like a busy time for me loading the dates for SE Region dates (Brands Hatch, Snetterton and Lydden Hill). Patience folks, please.
Blimey! Getting a vOAP to do teckie work whatever next

But don't care.
Old 22 Jan 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3495257)   #33
Heardy1982
Rookie

Heardy1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seen we can now volunteer on the website just checking if I have already volunteered for an event from the forms I.e BARC events I presume I should not volunteer through this one as well as might cause confusion?
Old 22 Jan 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3495261)   #34
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heardy1982 View Post
Seen we can now volunteer on the website just checking if I have already volunteered for an event from the forms I.e BARC events I presume I should not volunteer through this one as well as might cause confusion?
Yes it might - Once is enough

But don't care.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 01:27 (Ref:3495379)   #35
Eric Ridler
Racer

United Kingdom
Timperley,Cheshire
Eric Ridler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even though you may have volunteered direct you can still tick the box "For Insurance Only" at least that way we will know how many days you ahve marshalled.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 07:42 (Ref:3495437)   #36
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Apple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I volunteer directly, as this works for me I will probably continue to do so.
Will this affect me in any way, re the GP when I send my form off with my number of days marshalling record to be put forwarded to the MSA ?
Old 23 Jan 2015, 09:53 (Ref:3495476)   #37
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
I volunteer directly, as this works for me I will probably continue to do so.
Will this affect me in any way, re the GP when I send my form off with my number of days marshalling record to be put forwarded to the MSA ?
I see no reason why it would. Remember this is a volunteering system for BMMC members and there are hundreds of marshals who aren't members.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 12:23 (Ref:3495519)   #38
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
But as member of the BMMC I send my F1GP application form to the BMMC for approval, there for, if I dont use the on line volunteering system they might think I have done a lot less days than I actually have.
Thats why I asked.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 12:28 (Ref:3495521)   #39
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why would Chris think that? Given that there's an infinitude of ways you can volunteer, there's no reason for anyone to distrust the information put on the BGP form.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 12:30 (Ref:3495525)   #40
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
But as member of the BMMC I send my F1GP application form to the BMMC for approval, there for, if I dont use the on line volunteering system they might think I have done a lot less days than I actually have
Why should it be any different from previous years? The BMMC online system operated in NW region last year; I very much doubt that any NW members had their GP applications rejected or queried as the result of including meetings for which they had volunteered through other channels.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 12:47 (Ref:3495531)   #41
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Ridler View Post
Even though you may have volunteered direct you can still tick the box "For Insurance Only" at least that way we will know how many days you ahve marshalled.

I was only asking because of the last sentence of this comment.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3495551)   #42
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that is more of a general statistical "know how many days"...
Old 23 Jan 2015, 17:39 (Ref:3495628)   #43
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by deley View Post
I think that is more of a general statistical "know how many days"...
OK thanks Dave
Old 23 Jan 2015, 17:45 (Ref:3495633)   #44
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Historically I have volunteered direct to the various clubs [with the GP via BMMC] , and then followed it up with a Insurance only email to the BMMC

But don't care.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 22:10 (Ref:3495758)   #45
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepits! View Post
Historically I have volunteered direct to the various clubs [with the GP via BMMC] , and then followed it up with a Insurance only email to the BMMC
you can still do the same volunteering but now you can do the insurance element online on BMMC instead of separate email
Old 23 Jan 2015, 23:31 (Ref:3495807)   #46
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
The information I have seen was that "insurance only" paper forms, emails or online was no longer required.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 08:17 (Ref:3495895)   #47
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Nadine J Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
North West dates are now on too - maybe a couple of queries for September onwards but first half of the year is ok
Old 24 Jan 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3495968)   #48
howard bosson
Rookie

England
stockport
howard bosson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive just been onto the web site to register. The 19th of Sept and the 24th Oct seem to be missing from the site but they do appear on the Oulton Park site. I wonder if this is an error or these meetings have been cancelled.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 14:29 (Ref:3495973)   #49
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
I can't volunteer as a Post Chief! They're either trying to tell me something, or it's not yet finished?
Old 24 Jan 2015, 14:55 (Ref:3495979)   #50
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshalGirl View Post
North West dates are now on too - maybe a couple of queries for September onwards but first half of the year is ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard bosson View Post
The 19th of Sept and the 24th Oct seem to be missing from the site but they do appear on the Oulton Park site. I wonder if this is an error or these meetings have been cancelled.