Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 24 Oct 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1442375)   #1
Geva-Nelson
Racer

Netherlands
Geva-Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very Very Proud

We've been trying for 20 years and yesterday we achieved a lifetime ambition. We had a driver on the podium at the Formula Ford Festival.
After 5 days of hard work, or should I say two weeks since we had our final race of the season the weekend prior to the Festival, Dennis Retera took a well deserved third place in the final.

The week had started quite well but as ususal, being a foreign team, we started with a bit of a handicap. We worked hard to close the gap and got within a tenth or two which wasn't too bad.

QUalifying was good and so was the heat but the semi's just made me speechless. We had gambled to take on new tyres in the semi's to try to get onto the first row for the final. We knew we probably couldn't match Tappy (what a deserving winner he is) on pace but we hoped that starting on the front row would give us a headstart in trying to achieve our goal of finishing on the podium.

ON sunday afternoon Retera delivered and although he could not fight the Jamun's he did us proud. Could we have found those two tenths? maybe if we had more time but that's the festival and we're chuffed to bits with this one.

I want to congratulate Jamun, Tappy and Donnely as well as the organisers because this was well and truly a good event, although I didn't enjoy it as much as I used to. Comes with being right up there I suppose.

Whatever happens next year, we'll be there again to compete for those podium positions.

This season has given us 10 wins, 4 seconds 3 thirds, including yesterday's third. 2 titles, and A LOT OF SATISFACTION.

As I said im really proud and happy to be in FF

Old 24 Oct 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1442393)   #2
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geva-Nelson
As I said im really proud and happy to be in FF
Just as you should be. ENJOY IT !!

The Festival is one of those meetings on my list of "things-to-be-done" and so hopefully I'll be able to follow your efforts next year.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1442399)   #3
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The festival is club racing now?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1442449)   #4
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
FFmygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geva

I don't think I need to say a lot, but its people with an attitude like yours that make the Festival. Your enthusiasm and your professional approach to FFord is fantastic.

Russfeld - I don't think so. There are very few club drivers who could compete with the quality at the front of the festival field. There may not be the strength in depth there currently but the quality at the front of the field is as high as it has ever been. I agree with Geva - Tappy was supreme - and has been for the latter half of this season
Old 24 Oct 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1442455)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FF1600 is club essentially - and it seems to produce more entertainment
Old 24 Oct 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1442457)   #6
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im just pointing out this thread got moved to Club Racing...
Old 24 Oct 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1442465)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not any more, the forum description includes the zetec class (i know thats not the right name but never mind) and here it'll stay.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1442516)   #8
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
not any more, the forum description includes the zetec class (i know thats not the right name but never mind) and here it'll stay.
Well said Bella. There was some potential world class drivers out there this weekend. It was probably one of the better finals in recent years and I believe that Dennis Retera's performance over the weekend would have won in previous years. Duncan Tappy was just to powerful to contend with this weekend, and his run of wins in the FF championship along with Festival wins makes it 12 out of 12.

Geva Racing have every right to be proud of their result as do Jamun Racing.

Well done to all the drivers that took part as they all make the festival.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1442585)   #9
Geva-Nelson
Racer

Netherlands
Thank you all, now we will set our sights on next year. It looks as though we'll be running 4 or even 5 cars in holland. The Dutch series is staying with the zetec engine for one more year but dont be suprised if you see us popping up here and there in the UK with a duratec as it is the engine we'll need to do well again at the Festival
Old 24 Oct 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1442592)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
congratulations on a well deserved podium. The entire racing weekend was a pleasure to watch and marshal and I'm delighted to see your hard work rewarded!
Old 24 Oct 2005, 22:25 (Ref:1442611)   #11
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geva-Nelson
Thank you all, now we will set our sights on next year. It looks as though we'll be running 4 or even 5 cars in holland. The Dutch series is staying with the zetec engine for one more year but dont be suprised if you see us popping up here and there in the UK with a duratec as it is the engine we'll need to do well again at the Festival
Congratulations! A splendid performance from Dennis and great to see a Dutchman on the podium again.

Good idea to do a few meetings in the UK with Duratecs in 2006 in preparation for next years festival. Who will be driving for GeVa next year? Or is this still a secret?
Old 25 Oct 2005, 08:08 (Ref:1442814)   #12
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Geva, not only for the Festival but for the rest as well.
Old 25 Oct 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1443045)   #13
Geva-Nelson
Racer

Netherlands
at the moment we're talking to a lot of drivers. But they are drivers that have been racing at Zandvoort this year and they are young. that should narrow it down a bit. Im hoping that Stuart and Vajta will stay as well.

as for now, a bit of rest so that I can get on with my studies!
Old 25 Oct 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1443164)   #14
ems
Rookie

ems should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats as well. Hard work rewarded is always inspiring.
Old 25 Oct 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1443170)   #15
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Nelson, shame we didnt join you on there. Theres always next year though.

As the book on my desk says 'Go Formula Ford'
Old 26 Oct 2005, 12:24 (Ref:1443889)   #16
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=Novice]Geva Racing have every right to be proud of their result as do Jamun Racing.
QUOTE]

Here here. Jamun's cars both powered by engines built by Trevor van Rooyen of course as was Ed Moore's Kent motor.
Old 26 Oct 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1444484)   #17
skyblue
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
skyblue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice one, well done, best racing anywhere.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 05:46 (Ref:1457836)   #18
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well done! Was this televised?