Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 12 Nov 2005, 22:55 (Ref:1459193)   #76
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I could be wrong (and feel free to correct me) but I think this is a one-off race as an intro type thing.

I have a note of the "GPM 2006 provisional calendar" which is based over a European summer, but I can't remember where I got it, so be aware it may not be accurate....

March.........Qatar, Losail,
May............Great Britain, Silverstone or Brands,
July............Italy, Monza,
August........Spain, Jerez,
September..China, Shanghai, or Canada, Montreal,
October.........South Africa, Kyalami
Old 12 Nov 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1459198)   #77
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
To my very limited knowledge I think JP is in negotiatios ref GP Masters for Brands Hatch along with rumours of DTM for next year. A1GP and WTCC have I believe been confirmed.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 23:52 (Ref:1459256)   #78
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With the possible maybe schedule there I only agree with Brands and Kylami there, if I could choose for the others it would be Adelaide, Zandvoort, Spa, Mexico City....
Old 13 Nov 2005, 01:52 (Ref:1459318)   #79
Nismo
Racer

Nismo is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Qualifying Record:
Race Fastest Lap: Mansell
Mansell 1m 15.486s
1m 17.578s 126.270 mph
122.865 mph 1992

So some 13 yrs later he qualifies a GP masters car in 1.33 secs on a kyalami track thats almost the same configuration as in 1992, with the addition of a chicane.. now say the chicane adds 4-5 seconds to the lap time, making these cars some 13 seconds slower than a 1992 car! thats slow!! must be 18 seconds slower than a modern f1 car and 8 seconds slower than a gp2 car....
Old 13 Nov 2005, 03:34 (Ref:1459344)   #80
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder why Nelson Piquet is not in this? I remeber reading that he wanted to do open wheel racing with his son a few years ago. With Prost and Piquet, this series would be so much cooler, then it already is. I hope to come stateside.....
Old 14 Nov 2005, 08:22 (Ref:1460123)   #81
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
I could be wrong (and feel free to correct me) but I think this is a one-off race as an intro type thing.

I have a note of the "GPM 2006 provisional calendar" which is based over a European summer, but I can't remember where I got it, so be aware it may not be accurate....

March.........Qatar, Losail,
May............Great Britain, Silverstone or Brands,
July............Italy, Monza,
August........Spain, Jerez,
September..China, Shanghai, or Canada, Montreal,
October.........South Africa, Kyalami
I've heard a rumour suggesting the success of this first "feeler"-event at Kyalami (which supposedly saw 100k spectators on race-day and 30k for qualifying) has prompted the organizers to look at an expanded schedule of nine races, including a street-circuit in the US.

How accurate the rumour is, however, remains to be seen.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1460141)   #82
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
I've heard a rumour suggesting the success of this first "feeler"-event at Kyalami (which supposedly saw 100k spectators on race-day and 30k for qualifying) has prompted the organizers to look at an expanded schedule of nine races, including a street-circuit in the US.

How accurate the rumour is, however, remains to be seen.
Story from Motors TV commentator,yesterday was 9 races in 2007.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 10:42 (Ref:1460237)   #83
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1
I wonder why Nelson Piquet is not in this? I remeber reading that he wanted to do open wheel racing with his son a few years ago. With Prost and Piquet, this series would be so much cooler, then it already is. I hope to come stateside.....
Look back through this thread and you'll see a post by foxy mole regarding NP.