Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 May 2004, 13:18 (Ref:982517)   #1
D-bass
Rookie

D-bass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher at Nurburgring

So here we go again with anther F1 weekend coming up and this time we are off to Nurburgring. With one race already taken away from him is MS going to be back to he’s best, or is the level of competition starting to get to hot for the six times chap with the likes of Jenson Button and Jarno Trulli hot on his heels, if Monaco is anything to go by it should not be missed. Your thoughts?
Old 25 May 2004, 13:43 (Ref:982531)   #2
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think the rest of the teams will be as competitive with Ferrari this weekend... look to see TGF back on the top step this weekend.
Old 25 May 2004, 13:46 (Ref:982535)   #3
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that both Renault & BAR are growing with confidence & will make sure that Ferrari don't have an easy weekend, i think it is shaping up as another entertaining Grand Prix.
Old 25 May 2004, 13:49 (Ref:982540)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Michael's the favourite, and probably will be at every track except Monaco this season unless some fo the other teams amke massive further strides. There's mroe chance of a close race, but I can still se eboth Ferraris on the podium.
Old 25 May 2004, 17:01 (Ref:982758)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think this will be a closer race than other non-Monaco races. Look for a super confident Trulli being absolutely on it, Alonso will be as good as ever and the BAR's will fly. I still think Schuey will win though!

I wish I could include the Williams boys in my optimistic list, but I can't...
Old 25 May 2004, 17:33 (Ref:982792)   #6
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato wins, Fiat-Schumi crashes out of his own, then immediately blames Montoya for the accident. Kimi's engine fails again, Coulthard carefully drives his Mac to a 16th place.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 25 May 2004, 18:04 (Ref:982822)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i think Schu will win... Renaults dont have the engine to challenge the Ferraris around the Nurburgring...
Williams are not fast at the moment...
Jenson may pose a threat in the early part of the race but unless Schu crashes out (because he never has a mechanical failure ) i think it will be a Schu win easy
Old 25 May 2004, 18:14 (Ref:982829)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well Mercedes weren't exactly ultra powerful last year but kimi ran away with it.....until it blew.

It's not really a power circuit, so Renault shouldn't be blown away.

We're also starting to get into those tracks where Michelin had a substantial edge last year.....they won't have a substantial edge this year, but maybe, just maybe, they'll seize the initiative from Bridgestone for a while.
Old 25 May 2004, 18:20 (Ref:982832)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TGF will win, RB in second place.
Old 25 May 2004, 18:31 (Ref:982838)   #10
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think TGF will win, but not too sure about people who come behind.
Old 25 May 2004, 18:51 (Ref:982864)   #11
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nurburgring is much more of a 'Ferrari type race circuit', if you look at the way Ferrari run Michael in races recently, they are, and will continue to play the long game, let Michael do the work around the pitstop window and allow Ross Brawn's strategy to unwind.

There was little possiblity of this at Monaco, and Ferrari know that the Renault's and BAR are as quick or quicker over a single lap, but the Ferrari 'team' as a whole is quicker over a race distance, hence we will see more of the 'long game' from Ross and Michael.
Old 25 May 2004, 21:39 (Ref:983075)   #12
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see anyone beating Michael, whatever the conditions.
Old 25 May 2004, 22:05 (Ref:983119)   #13
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Honda will be extremely strong and I do believe Button and Soto will give a tough fight to Ferrari. Though Ferrari will still be the team to beat.
Old 26 May 2004, 00:07 (Ref:983230)   #14
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
button's first win......you heard it here first....
Old 26 May 2004, 00:28 (Ref:983248)   #15
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco is not much of an indicator of anything regarding competetiveness on the rest of the circuits. An ARROWS held up DC a couple of years ago for half the race. I think had MS not been taken out of the picture, he would have had a podium finish; although, he would have needed a lot of luck to get past Trulli.
Old 26 May 2004, 05:15 (Ref:983386)   #16
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The circuit fits Ferrari but I think BAR and Renault will be there to fight for the win...these teams are almost equal already in terms of competitiveness and I will not be surprise if Button will win here this year if they can come out with a very good race strategy which is their biggest defect at the moment....Although, Ferrari is still the team to beat.
Old 26 May 2004, 05:41 (Ref:983396)   #17
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
shouldnt it be "Nurburg at the Michaelring" ?
Old 26 May 2004, 05:52 (Ref:983403)   #18
TuscanR
Racer

England
Hertfordshire
TuscanR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not a schumacer fan by any stretch of the imagination but I think you will see one determined and still slightly issed off guy. He will blow everyone away, get down the bookies now and see what the odds are on him lapping the entire field.
Old 26 May 2004, 08:52 (Ref:983538)   #19
D-bass
Rookie

D-bass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nuerburging

Schumacher can expect to come out on top this weekend at a circuit where Ferrari has won in three of the last four years. Yes Ferrari have been beaten for the first time since August last year, but at Nuerburging we will see MS use his strengths and take full advantage of the strengths of Ferrari like he has done in the past at Nuerburging Michael Schumacher will be back and this time with a vengeance.
Old 26 May 2004, 18:23 (Ref:984220)   #20
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it will be another Ferrari text book race. Rubens will do all the race set up work. Michael will get pole and when those lights go out on sunday afternoon if he gets a good start he will pull away and let the rest race amongst them selfs. If someone beats him in to the first corner he will wait and pass them on the first round of stops