Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Mar 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2410382)   #26
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ps: anyone thinking Scalextric?
Old 6 Mar 2009, 14:55 (Ref:2410436)   #27
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey, what about us who might be in a gravel trap picking some poor sod out with a Manitou and we can't hear cars coming? Yes, we always have someone watching but at 3 am... I prefer being able to hear them.
keke
Old 8 Mar 2009, 07:55 (Ref:2411397)   #28
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
How about fitting the car with some sort of telemetry , that would send out a burst transmission . You could then strap the reciever to your butt so when the car is 1 klick away , it zapps your ass ? You would know all about it then !!!
Old 8 Mar 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2411436)   #29
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ACO should let enter any kind of propulsion. Why not electricity ?
And about sound, imagine noisy sponsor delivered with loudspeakers on the car ! And pilots will hear our screams, whistling, the RfH horns...and will wave to us while passing the pits straight !

Let's consider the advantages : fast cars, strong accelerations, you can sleep nearby the track, you can speak to your neighbour without shouting, etc.

;-)
Old 8 Mar 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2411535)   #30
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry pascal ..... thats not motorsport to me !!! ..... Would you like alcohol free wine too ?
Old 8 Mar 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2411553)   #31
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Sorry pascal ..... thats not motorsport to me !!! ..... Would you like alcohol free wine too ?
I know that somebody invented it
Both Nasamax and WR tried ethanol in the past.

We talk about motorsport, not only petrolsport. Should we be conservative at such a point ?
Old 8 Mar 2009, 20:09 (Ref:2411590)   #32
Bosse L
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
Bosse L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In historic motorsport I want to se and hear all the old roaring and real hairy racecars.
In modern racing I do not want to see all this conservative old fashion engine and drivetrain concept.
Everyone talk a lot about how modern and progressive motorsport is, and how important motorsport is for the future development of the new cars. If so, how can we stand up and defend the use of older type of engines and petrol thans we use our daily roadcars?
For me its simple as this: When I want to have the old, classic style I love to take part in historic racing. When I want to race with new cars I want the latest technology, not old tech in a modern body.
I have been racing in historic racing since early 1990 and in modern endurance racing sinse year 2000 with only diesel and Ethanol cars. I have not found any conflict between use the old tech in historic and the new tech in modenr racing. Cant se why tihis is a problem?
Shall all racing be historic or??? Think forward, even when it hurts at the moment!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 00:12 (Ref:2411731)   #33
parallax
Rookie

Australia
Perth -Australia
parallax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

This is my 1st post guys anywhere on 10/10ths,so bear
with me.

I note that the nasty growling engine {similar to a Corvette} will try their hand at Le Mans, the " Konnisberg" {is that spelt correct?} I saw a clip of this car and they said theywill have a 600 bhp machine for the race.
Is this dribble of correct "news"?

I think also that the signing of 2 old time pros especially Brabham to Pegeuot may help them against AUDi, what does all think, ? at 43 and very much a car friendly driver and fast he may have a few more brain cells to add to the Team .

I personally being in Austrlai have not heard the live "screeching "of the Desiel cars but a mate who is a Marshall at Arnage said it is horrific.
I only get thunder from V-8 Supercars here but this weekend the Historic Racers will be out at Philip Island, 962's and Chassis Number 5 Silver Arrow Mercedes -C9 plus other Croup 5/6 and C will be there, {now that had an engine sound to cry over}
Anyway cheers all, ....hey be gentle with me, I am learning about this GREAT RACE after decades around and building aircraft and 18 years in the bloody OZ SAS
Steve McQeen of course was to blame and also the 1989 Sandsown Group C race , Baldi.Acheson/Schleseer, Mass in the AEG Merc's and the Fitzpatirick mob etc made me a fan for life.
Cheers all
please write back with any errors I make or have made. Illness has kept me away from the keyboard for some time
Chriso
Perth
OZ
Old 9 Mar 2009, 02:19 (Ref:2411775)   #34
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I know that somebody invented it
Both Nasamax and WR tried ethanol in the past.

We talk about motorsport, not only petrolsport. Should we be conservative at such a point ?
Im purely talking about my preferance ..... Nasamax still had a Judd V10 in the back .
Old 9 Mar 2009, 02:25 (Ref:2411778)   #35
The Badger
Veteran

The Konig car will not be at Le Mans .

Brabham is worth his weight in gold .

Diesels sound awful ..... well they dont sound much at all to be honest .

Aussie V8's , I would really love to hear . Bet they sound nice .

Group C days ..... thet was when I got interested in sportscar racing , love them . But they look sad now , as historics , cuz they dont get peddled hard !!!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 07:34 (Ref:2411882)   #36
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Group C days ..... thet was when I got interested in sportscar racing , love them . But they look sad now , as historics , cuz they dont get peddled hard !!!
Have you seen Justin Law drive lately? That Jag is nailed, just wish Rob would drive the C9 as hard.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2412237)   #37
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
@parallax,

Hello there OZ,welcome to 10 tenths.

Your friend is right about them diesels. Especially the Pug. It allready bares the name "black ghost" for you'll be watching a battle between two or three cars going on and then,all of a sudden,one realises..."hey? did there just pas something here in between these cars I was watching?"
Anyways,it's all a big pro-diesel publicity hoax. What do you reckon would happen if petrolcars would be allowed to run 5,5L twinturbo's ?

Best sound in my ears at Le Mans has been the Mazda rotary of the Jim Downing prototypes. Missed '91. I did see and hear that Mazda 787B at the Goodwood festival of speed though. What a brilliant machine.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2412259)   #38
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Your having a laugh ..... ..... you get real !!! Have a word mate
I would like to see unrestricted levels of noise, fire-breathing V8s, V10s, V12s etc like we used to have, but they ain't coming back.

However there is something called 'political reality', its something that threatens motorsport.

Unless motorsport adapts to this reality it will get banned. Being arrogant and saying its 'not our problem' isn't going to cut it.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 11 Mar 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2413827)   #39
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
I would like to see unrestricted levels of noise, fire-breathing V8s, V10s, V12s etc like we used to have, but they ain't coming back.

However there is something called 'political reality', its something that threatens motorsport.

Unless motorsport adapts to this reality it will get banned. Being arrogant and saying its 'not our problem' isn't going to cut it.
This socalled "political reality" of yours is being put together by people who actually bend reality to fit their own political agenda.
I don't know how it is in overly political correct Britain,but over here in Holland,there's a fast rising contingent of voters that are just about fed up with these kind of scam artists.
Just yesterday I heard them vent another absolutly impossible prediction,namely that the sealevels by the year 2100 will not rise by half a meter,no even worse,it'll rise an entire and full meter !

The trouble we face,is that these socalled "gutmenschen" are trying to tell everyone that they know better and forcing their backward lies upon us.

That's what threatening motorsports. Not reality...
Old 12 Mar 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2414262)   #40
johntt
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
This socalled "political reality" of yours is being put together by people who actually bend reality to fit their own political agenda.
I don't know how it is in overly political correct Britain,but over here in Holland,there's a fast rising contingent of voters that are just about fed up with these kind of scam artists.
Just yesterday I heard them vent another absolutly impossible prediction,namely that the sealevels by the year 2100 will not rise by half a meter,no even worse,it'll rise an entire and full meter !

The trouble we face,is that these socalled "gutmenschen" are trying to tell everyone that they know better and forcing their backward lies upon us.

That's what threatening motorsports. Not reality...
Clearly in Holland you are ahead of us then, i can only hope that what your saying is true and Britain follows suit. My hopes aren't excatly high though.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 12 Mar 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2414339)   #41
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
@johntt,

I have to admit,blighty is particurlarly sad in this respect...
Forbidding to kiss your loved one goodbeye on a trainstation?
Refusing entrance of a dutch democratically chosen politician to England,whilst housing many shariamonsters in their borders...

Anyhow,it'll be allright. People will come to their senses. I just hope it'll be sooner then later.

In the meantime.let's enjoy the great scream of the Aston LMP1(I'm really anxious to hear it,having a different exhaust then the Lola/Aston of last year) and the V8 Vantage,which we allready heard at Zolder last Oktober and it sounds f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 15:50 (Ref:2414347)   #42
johntt
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
@johntt,

I have to admit,blighty is particurlarly sad in this respect...
Forbidding to kiss your loved one goodbeye on a trainstation?
Refusing entrance of a dutch democratically chosen politician to England,whilst housing many shariamonsters in their borders...

Anyhow,it'll be allright. People will come to their senses. I just hope it'll be sooner then later.

In the meantime.let's enjoy the great scream of the Aston LMP1(I'm really anxious to hear it,having a different exhaust then the Lola/Aston of last year) and the V8 Vantage,which we allready heard at Zolder last Oktober and it sounds f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c.
I've not heard the V8 Vantage yet, am looking forward to hearing that this June
Old 12 Mar 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2414420)   #43
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
How you guys have plenty of dykes then !!!
Old 12 Mar 2009, 22:58 (Ref:2414587)   #44
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
How you guys have plenty of dykes then !!!

(Which they're actually devising an upgrade plan for,costing over twenty billion euro's taxpayers money,to rise'm high enough to withstand these kind of increases .)
(Know that these dykes were allready build with a socalled "jumptide" calculated to cope with many meters high flood's)
Old 26 Mar 2009, 09:02 (Ref:2425087)   #45
crazy
Rookie

crazy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I for one cannot wait for the Coupe du Milkfloat.

Looking at the link above, they reckon on 480KW which google gives as 645 bhp, I notice they list the weights of the car and engine seperately, so I assume you might have to add them together.

Could someone help my schoolboy French out with the sentence about the powerplant(s): L'architecture technique pour fourniture d'énergie s'orientera vers une pile Ã* combustible associée Ã* de la récupération d'énergie stockée grâce Ã* des «super capacités» et la dernière génération de batteries Lithium-Ion

What's a 'pile a combustible'? Burning Battery? and are 'super capacities' some sort of fancy capacitors? The rest I can work out myself.
"pile Ã* combustible" is a fuel cell and by "super capacités" they probably mean super-capacitor.