Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Jan 2003, 16:26 (Ref:477416)   #1
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
sportscar Summit

Autosport are reporting on a summit held between the ACO, ALMS and a number of manufacturers (quoted as: Manufacturer's participating in the meeting included Audi, Michelotto (Ferrari), SARD (Toyota), General Motors, Panoz and Porsche.)
They report on a very positive meeting.
Can one assume that all th above are interested in participating in the foreseable future?
Old 17 Jan 2003, 16:40 (Ref:477428)   #2
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if thats a complete list of who was there, No Nissan, Ford, Merc, Saleen, MG, Zonda, Lister etc.
Does that mean they have no interest for the foreseable future?
Old 17 Jan 2003, 16:50 (Ref:477437)   #3
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Dont know - hopefully more details will emerge soon. The quote does say 'included' so hopefully that means there were more.
Old 17 Jan 2003, 16:53 (Ref:477441)   #4
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Does that mean they have no interest for the foreseable future?
I guess you don't have nothing to worry about. The manufacturers will return to Le Mans soon.
Old 17 Jan 2003, 17:07 (Ref:477456)   #5
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SFonseca
I guess you don't have nothing to worry about. The manufacturers will return to Le Mans soon.
In a way that IS what worrys me, the way they get the rules changed to suit there own designs, stay a couple of years then leave.
Mind you the way F1 is heading, sportscars could have the more advanced cars soon that may be the appeal.
Think about it, Slicks, semi gearboxes, two way radios I could go on.
Old 17 Jan 2003, 17:48 (Ref:477488)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a feeling that the meeting may have been to discuss the new rules and also to make sure that all the manufacturers are in agreement with them.
Old 18 Jan 2003, 23:58 (Ref:478597)   #7
LouisTheShark
Racer

LouisTheShark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLouisTheShark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am more curious to find out why the FIA was not part of this summit meeting. If they were, they were not mentioned in any of the press releases and no news is found on the FIA website about this meeting.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 13:09 (Ref:478970)   #8
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
maybe they're off thinking up more ways to make ron dennis blood boil