Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 7 Aug 2008, 05:05 (Ref:2264893)   #1
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TK to ganassi

Just found this http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-join-ganassi/ i wouldnt be surprised if wheldon was replaced he has been outclassed by dixon since he joined the team and you cant blame TK for not being happy at AGR as they are very hot and cold and spend most of their time crashing into each other
Old 7 Aug 2008, 05:41 (Ref:2264908)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Wheldon & Ganassi just confirm a contract extension a month or so back?
Old 7 Aug 2008, 06:09 (Ref:2264911)   #3
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
i think they had all the details sorted just nothing signed but im not sure
Old 7 Aug 2008, 06:21 (Ref:2264914)   #4
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TK is surely uncomfortable with Marco Andretti, so I wouldn't fall off my chair if this happened.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 09:52 (Ref:2265010)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I liked AGR better when it was TK, Dario, Dan and Herta. Marco and Danica are brats that just want thier own way (look at how they held up TK in Canada even thow they were slower than him) and Mutoh is just there to deliver Honda cheques. TK should move to Ganassi and be in an environment that appriciates him.

On the other hand, it would really leave Wheldon out in the cold. I doubt he would want to return to AGR which would be the only competitive seat left. A switch to NASCAR is also unlikley, given the poor track record for open wheelers the past couple of years.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 10:08 (Ref:2265019)   #6
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TK has signed a 2 or 3 years deal, hasn't he ?
Old 7 Aug 2008, 11:51 (Ref:2265240)   #7
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
I liked AGR better when it was TK, Dario, Dan and Herta. Marco and Danica are brats that just want thier own way (look at how they held up TK in Canada even thow they were slower than him) and Mutoh is just there to deliver Honda cheques. TK should move to Ganassi and be in an environment that appriciates him.
Too true. TK, Dario, Dan and Herta all had great comararde (is that how you spell it !) and I would think some people at AGR miss that.
That said didn't Ganassi say he would only run 3 cars again if he had the backing and the opportunity for them to be equally funded?
Maybe TK can get/or has got his own backers to take with him?
Old 7 Aug 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2265318)   #8
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood
Too true. TK, Dario, Dan and Herta all had great comararde (is that how you spell it !) and I would think some people at AGR miss that.
That said didn't Ganassi say he would only run 3 cars again if he had the backing and the opportunity for them to be equally funded?
Maybe TK can get/or has got his own backers to take with him?
When talking about the sponsorship problems he had with Franchitti and Nascar Chip said that he can find sponsorship for Indycar very easily.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 7 Aug 2008, 20:10 (Ref:2265534)   #9
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me Wheldon is the best oval driver in the series, but i understand the teams want someone who is a good all rounder since the merger. However it would be a crime for Wheldon to be left without a competetive seat. In an ideal world Penske and Ganassi would both add 3rd drivers.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 7 Aug 2008, 20:20 (Ref:2265540)   #10
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
When talking about the sponsorship problems he had with Franchitti and Nascar Chip said that he can find sponsorship for Indycar very easily.
It's the difference between being the 25th best team on any given weekend and having a program that doesn't know how not to lose.
Old 8 Aug 2008, 01:28 (Ref:2265659)   #11
lnin0
Rookie

lnin0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TK and PT at Forsythe?
Old 8 Aug 2008, 02:52 (Ref:2265675)   #12
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PT at AGR?.
Old 8 Aug 2008, 03:08 (Ref:2265679)   #13
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this could get interesting.
Old 8 Aug 2008, 04:50 (Ref:2265696)   #14
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
hes staying at AGR http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...agr-extension/
Old 8 Aug 2008, 07:14 (Ref:2265731)   #15
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
This is one way of making sure your present employer understands that he has to make you feel wanted....
Letting AGR think that their man was going over to the opposition was going to give Mikey palpatations...
TK will have a contract that gives him what he wants and I wouldn't bet against another title in the next three years... A couple more years at good pay and then a winding down career move...
Tony knows who butters his bread and its not going to be Chip Ganassi...
Old 8 Aug 2008, 08:40 (Ref:2265771)   #16
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Five more years of doing the grunt work for the brat pack. I sure as hell hope he knows what he's doing.
Old 8 Aug 2008, 15:05 (Ref:2265924)   #17
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apparently, Ganassi thought they had a deal, but TK's agent called Ganassi to tell him TK had a change of heart and would sign the five-year pact to stay at AGR.

I would think that the scuttlebutt about TK's move to Ganassi probably prompted AGR to sweeten the pot and to give Tony what he wanted, because AGR knew that they couldn't lose him as their anchor for that team.

Smart play by TK and his agent...they know how to play the negotiating game.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 10 Aug 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2266774)   #18
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TK played them both perfectly. I think he probably never wanted to go to Ganassi in the first place but used the possible move as a negotiating tool. Andretti knows he needs him as the rest of his squad aren't team leaders, so he will have given TK everything he wants. Don't expect to see Marco or Danica holding him up again. I would love to read the clause in TK's contract on that issue.
Leaves a lot of egg on Ganassi's chin though. What's he going to do with Dan, he clearly isn't flavor of the year there anymore and of course he still has Alex Lloyd sat at home cultivating his garden.
Old 10 Aug 2008, 13:00 (Ref:2266783)   #19
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I agree for sure here, foreversideways! TK (in American baseball parlance) sent "a high hard one" right at Michael and methinks they are going to stop screwing around with trying to "force" Marco/Danica to the front when TK is legitimately there already.

Floyd is probably fuming. If there is a driver out there who is the "complete package" right now it is likely TK. Who WOULDN'T want him on a team? He could have turned Ganassi into a juggernaut...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2267774)   #20
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

so AGR has the driver, now can they deliver the support to keep Tony up the pointy end and make a challenge for the cup.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 13:58 (Ref:2267841)   #21
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Only if his contract says that they need to put the youngsters back in the play pen.