Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Dec 2011, 21:17 (Ref:3002438)   #126
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
(I thought the top lmpc team(s) could race at le mans in lmp2.....)
2011 FLM/LMPC winners Pegasus received an auto entry for LMP2 in 2012.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 21:20 (Ref:3002441)   #127
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the ELMS gets 40 cars next year then I'll eat my hat.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 22:03 (Ref:3002457)   #128
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The combination of allowing GTC's and 6 hour races, they'll not be far off.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 22:36 (Ref:3002466)   #129
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The combination of allowing GTC's and 6 hour races, they'll not be far off.
Estoril at the end of this season had 28 cars on the entry list including a couple of P1. Replace them with GTC, maybe add 1 or 2 and we´d be lucky to see more than 30 cars on average. 6 Hour races has little to do with it, no longer having a decent chance of getting an entry at LM and a far from great calender do.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 00:00 (Ref:3002484)   #130
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
If the ELMS gets 40 cars next year then I'll eat my hat.
I still think I have a pretty good shot at winning overall at ELMS races if I enter my wheelbarrow next year. Well, assuming 16 or so other wheelbarrows or wheelchairs enter to go along with the other already confirmed ELMS entries!

But, yeah, I think 20 is more realistic than 40 unless the ELMS is planning on letting Formula Fords fill the grid or something. With the 20 car situation in place, why would I commit to the ELMS if I don't even know if there are any races?

As for teams only getting a 2013 auto-invite if they run a full season in 2013, is that a new condition for the auto-invites? I'm not sure if I remember that. Again, that weakens the ELMS allure possibility in order to enhance the WEC. I guess we can only wonder what the ALMS auto-invites will be like if there are any!

I respect Peter for giving the ACO the finger, but ultimately that is not enough. Like the ALMS, the ELMS will have to create their own premier races and perhaps their own specifications for cars (both series have done this to small extents) in order to stay relevant.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 00:26 (Ref:3002489)   #131
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ELMS is an ACO series, it's winners recieve Le Mans entries and Peter himself is part of the WEC organisation.

Quote:
2011/12/20 11:19 Subscription opened !

After having published the 2012 official calendar, among which we count 5 events in Europe and an official testing session at the Paul Ricard circuit, European Le Mans Series is opening officially its 2012 registration.

European Le Mans Series wishes to achieve better participation in 2011 where we had 35 cars committed along the season….about forty cars are expected in all categories: LM P2, LMPC, LM GTE Pro, LM GTE Am and GTC.
Quote:
2011/12/20 17:01 European Le Mans Series on your TV screen in 2012

In 2012, European Le Mans Series are back on track and on TV screens. A new season produced by the company named Stop & Go, which will be in charge of broadcasting during the whole year.

Geoffrey Dellus, Franck Broqua and Anne Bernard will manage the production while Laura Cotterill will take care of diffusion and TV rights, like in previous years.

European Le Mans Series will be available trough many different accesses: TV live, streaming (whole or parts of the races), highlights after every race. We will inform you about which channels and countries where the broadcast will be available.

We are planning to broadcast a presentation documentary introducing the Series and racing teams. Please be aware that the TV team will attend the official testing session on the 9th and 10th of March.
http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s03_...categ_news=22#
Old 21 Dec 2011, 00:34 (Ref:3002492)   #132
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The ELMS is an ACO series, it's winners recieve Le Mans entries and Peter himself is part of the WEC organisation.
Only some of it's winners get LM entries and even then it is conditional. Granted, it could be viewed as a good condition for the ELMS if a team commits to both 2012 and 2013, but is it good for the teams? That might keep teams away for both 2012 and 2013. As for Peter being part of the WEC organization, Tony George was on the CART board. How did that turn out?

Quote:
European Le Mans Series on your TV screen in 2012
That might be a bit presumptuous. It does not sound like they have any agreements with any networks to carry their broadcasts. Also, it seems like they are slamming their 2011 TV partner, Motors TV, even though they might be the only interested party in 2012. But, hey, stretching the truth is what racing series do best so I'm not surprised by any of their overly-optimistic statements. It is what it is.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 01:13 (Ref:3002503)   #133
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't see any jabbing at MotorsTV in the release.
In fact, MotorsTV only showed Paul Ricard live last year after the flop of TV crews in Estoril. So, basically, this year MotorsTV or whoever would be broadcasting the full lot. And with the schedule coming out recently, it might be still early for them to have fine tuned all the broadcasting details. Hopefully, it will continue being MotorsTV. Not much out there in terms of multiple countries.
But if they secure online transmission also, it's a good start.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 01:30 (Ref:3002506)   #134
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
I don't see any jabbing at MotorsTV in the release.
In fact, MotorsTV only showed Paul Ricard live last year after the flop of TV crews in Estoril. So, basically, this year MotorsTV or whoever would be broadcasting the full lot. And with the schedule coming out recently, it might be still early for them to have fine tuned all the broadcasting details. Hopefully, it will continue being MotorsTV. Not much out there in terms of multiple countries.
But if they secure online transmission also, it's a good start.
They aren't slamming MotorsTV directly, but it could be construed that them trumpeting their TV coverage that does not even exist yet is an attempt to distance themselves from the MotorsTV situation of last year. Maybe that is not their intention at all, but why else announce this stuff with so many loose ends that may not get tied? Oh well, I guess it's not any different than the 40 car count statement.

I think highlight shows on a very visible network and live streaming with archiving would be the best strategy. I like what the ALMS has been doing with media, but it seems that I am in a minority with that. It would help if the streams were reliable (looking at you ALMS and ILMC) and not blacked out locally (ALMS grr).
Old 21 Dec 2011, 04:51 (Ref:3002527)   #135
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Memo Moreno is signed to drive the Muscle Milk LMPC in the ALMS. Well, something like that at least.

Consider yourself lucky if you have no idea what we are talking about.

In other news, the ELMS has a new logo. You better make sure your sock tethers are attached before looking at it.
I have seen "Driven". So I mentioned Brandenburg and Tanto.
You started it, you mentioned Jimmy Bly.

And what the hell was that so-called new logo?
Old 21 Dec 2011, 08:29 (Ref:3002556)   #136
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
And what the hell was that so-called new logo?
I think the French have shown us that they are masters at Microsoft Paint. Remember this epic race poster from last year? I kind of prefer the American race posters a little better.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 11:30 (Ref:3002628)   #137
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
2011/12/20 11:19 Subscription opened !

European Le Mans Series wishes to achieve better participation in 2011 where we had 35 cars committed along the season….about forty cars are expected in all categories: LM P2, LMPC, LM GTE Pro, LM GTE Am and GTC.
And applying an extremely tight deadline for entries of January 18th, 2012 will surely help to achieve that goal...
Old 21 Dec 2011, 12:17 (Ref:3002644)   #138
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First sign of GTC interest, I believe.
A Portuguese team, Oasis Motorsport is planning on entering a Ferrari F430 Cup: http://www.lemansportugal.com/europe...rt-ja-em-2012/ (only available in Portuguese).

Anyone heard of any other GTC interest?
Old 21 Dec 2011, 12:21 (Ref:3002647)   #139
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Anyone heard of any other GTC interest?
There might be some interest from Loeb Racing and their Porsche Cup cars. I forget what their plans were exactly. Also, someone (forget who) said that JMB was looking to run a Ferrari presumably, but I have not read anything official about those plans.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 12:22 (Ref:3002648)   #140
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There might be some interest from Loeb Racing and their Porsche Cup cars. I forget what their plans were exactly.
Porsche Carrera Cup France and LMPC in the ELMS is there plans for 2012.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 12:26 (Ref:3002650)   #141
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
And applying an extremely tight deadline for entries of January 18th, 2012 will surely help to achieve that goal...
That is the same exact date for WEC entries as well, so it's just not them.

After seeing the craptacular job Motors did with Estoril this year, I wouldn't put my hopes too high with TV plans next year. Then again, anything is better than Eurosport's so-called 2008-2010 LMS "coverage".
Old 21 Dec 2011, 13:20 (Ref:3002682)   #142
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
That is the same exact date for WEC entries as well, so it's just not them.

After seeing the craptacular job Motors did with Estoril this year, I wouldn't put my hopes too high with TV plans next year. Then again, anything is better than Eurosport's so-called 2008-2010 LMS "coverage".
I don't think Estoril was MotorsTV. They broadcasted the highlight show which was produced by the LMS. At the circuit that weekend, it seemed the TV broadcasting should have been provided locally, and since no TV production crew was brought on, no live coverage so a few LMS TV crew teams went around capturing footage throughout the weekend to compile the highlight show.

By creating a TV production team, maybe ELMS is trying to ensure they have a production team at each race to ensure the live coverage.

I don't know how Paul Ricard was recorded but MotorsTV being partly French (or full French?), maybe they had their own broadcast teams there.
However, does MotorsTV usually produce the content we see? From things that I've seen (such as V8s, WEC, ALMS, Blancpain, etc.), it seems they provide commentators but the footage seems to come from the championships. And even then, sometimes it's content from the original broadcaster, like they do with V8s. Sort of like ESPN America for the American sports fans out there in Europe!
Old 21 Dec 2011, 15:55 (Ref:3002751)   #143
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's not the production values that I like about this channel (you know, the direct copy&paste feed of Speed TV broadcast with poorly added Motors sticker on the top right) and definitely not the image quality from the 80's, but the fact that they can show full races live. Eurosport would never show an interrupted six hour broadcast of some "low-profile sports car series" racing at Hungaroring while there's something massive like Swedish soccer or Nigerian tennis happening at the same..

But what I actually meant by that craptacular Estoril coverage was the complet non-coverage we had Motor's deal was just to show HTTT and Estoril this year, but they only managed to show 50% of those two races - I guess the Moto 24h was more important for them or something!
Old 22 Dec 2011, 13:31 (Ref:3003188)   #144
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Ya, I still wonder if MotorsTV shunned Estoril as well, because of the conflicting coverage.
But since there was no production team there, I feel it might have been a bit of both MotorsTV quitting on them and LMS/Estoril failing to provide a TV production team.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 13:56 (Ref:3003202)   #145
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I stay up at night sometimes wondering why Driven did not win an Oscar. How could it be? How could it be?
Actuall, Driven had 7 nominations for the 2002 Razzies, and Estella Warren won hers for her supporting role.
Old 23 Dec 2011, 17:15 (Ref:3003618)   #146
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think the French have shown us that they are masters at Microsoft Paint. Remember this epic race poster from last year? I kind of prefer the American race posters a little better.
Two very different things (ID vs Illustration) but both boring. ELMS logo is amateurish, the posters are pure jokes, but the Sebring poster is more of the same old stuff from the last 30/40 years...
Old 23 Dec 2011, 19:21 (Ref:3003666)   #147
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
a/ I'm epect the deadline will be extended.
b/ Race by race entries will be equally important
c/ 2012 is a transitional year, keep the show on the road before making real inroads in 2013, a year increasing GT3 costs could start to bite.
Quote:
Didn't the ALMS spend a fortune perfecting their brand, including a new logo, can't say I noticed much difference other the logo becoming blue!
Old 23 Dec 2011, 23:34 (Ref:3003742)   #148
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Didn't the ALMS spend a fortune perfecting their brand, including a new logo, can't say I noticed much difference other the logo becoming blue!
The ALMS logo isn't some work of beauty either. At least they have better looking posters even if LeMans.pt isn't impressed. ELMS' artwork is more Driven. ALMS artwork is more Stroker Ace. Stroker Ace may have featured some low-class redneck comedy, but at least it had some sense of reality and some of the jokes were funny. Driven is, well, a complete waste of time.
Old 24 Dec 2011, 13:52 (Ref:3003905)   #149
Coach Ep
Veteran

Looks like Pecom will be doing a double program (WEC + ELMS) with their new Oreca:
http://www.oreca-manufacturer.com/pe...r-la-oreca-03/
Old 24 Dec 2011, 14:30 (Ref:3003918)   #150
JAG
Veteran

England
Do they only have one car, not sure what the calanders like re. WEC/ELMS clashes.