Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 17 Nov 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1463083)   #626
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FW trials this weekend at Pembrey for anyone brave enough!!
Old 18 Nov 2005, 23:15 (Ref:1464568)   #627
We Love Osella
Racer

Andorra
We Love Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It may be me, but I find this Formula Woman patronising. As a woman I wouldn't want to contest a series that was set up solely for women. I think this is yet another case of positive discrimination, to go along with womens car insurance companies and womens only gyms
Old 18 Nov 2005, 23:41 (Ref:1464584)   #628
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A very sensible point. The irony to me is that motorsport is one of the few sports where a woman can compete on equal terms to men, which makes me believe the whole point of this series has more to do with PR than sport.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 00:39 (Ref:1464625)   #629
TEAM78
Racer

United Kingdom
TEAM78 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by We Love Osella
It may be me, but I find this Formula Woman patronising. As a woman I wouldn't want to contest a series that was set up solely for women. I think this is yet another case of positive discrimination, to go along with womens car insurance companies and womens only gyms
You do have a point hear, but then are we just going all PC again?
Women have won all their rights, just maybe it should be taken as a bit of fun. and yes I do know of women drivers in championships who are actually better than the men. Ilsa Cox for example
Old 19 Nov 2005, 08:15 (Ref:1464757)   #630
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really don't don't know what the fuss is about, if they put out decent grids then who cares whether it's pc or not, if they don't then can them as any championship that fails to deliver should be
Old 19 Nov 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1465026)   #631
Ginetta
Racer

England
North East
Ginetta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by topwelshman
I really don't don't know what the fuss is about, if they put out decent grids then who cares whether it's pc or not, if they don't then can them as any championship that fails to deliver should be
The problem is, That if there was a proposed formula Man, It wouldn't get a permit.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1465102)   #632
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just discovered Claudia Hurtgen has won the Langestreckenmeistershaft-the series that runs on the 14 mile Nurburgring. Over 1,000 drivers seem to have taken part with 830 scoring points.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1465157)   #633
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by We Love Osella
Here here!

Like I said - we should look at the success of the likes of Kelly-Jane Wells, Katherine Legge, Ilsa Cox, Vaninia Ickx, Danicia Patrick, and many others. Is it me, or are a larger percentage of ladies wot race successful in comparison to blokes who think they can race?

Does anyone have any numbers (I'd say figures, and then get shot down!) for this to back up my claims. But you think about it.

Formula Woman, in no way has ever, or will ever, show female drivers in a positive light. It will do nothing more for them than segregate them into their own corner, or even turns the whole thing into a bit of a "freak show".

Rob.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1465163)   #634
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well I agree with those sentiments except the insurance one as I am sorry but IMHO and I have good reason to say it on MOST cases a young woman is a much safer insurance risk than a testrostrosone laden young man and insurance companies go by statistics end of story.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1465774)   #635
Ginetta
Racer

England
North East
Ginetta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Well I agree with those sentiments except the insurance one as I am sorry but IMHO and I have good reason to say it on MOST cases a young woman is a much safer insurance risk than a testrostrosone laden young man and insurance companies go by statistics end of story.
Not always true I'm afarid. How many married women drive on their husbands insurance. When they have an accident, It's their husbands insurance that deasl with the claim, looking like a male claim
Old 20 Nov 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1465778)   #636
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginetta
Not always true I'm afarid. How many married women drive on their husbands insurance. When they have an accident, It's their husbands insurance that deasl with the claim, looking like a male claim
Nope the statistics are compiled on the gender of the driver not the gender of the policyholder.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 12:50 (Ref:1466449)   #637
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Did anyone go to Pembrey? Results on MST site are very strange. First race everybody was a DNF. In the other 3 heats up to 19secs difference in lap time for identical cars.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1466456)   #638
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
42 pages is this an all time record for a thread here or infact anywhere!

I believe the Vee thread was longer
Old 21 Nov 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1466471)   #639
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Did anyone go to Pembrey? Results on MST site are very strange. First race everybody was a DNF. In the other 3 heats up to 19secs difference in lap time for identical cars.
I was marshalling at pembrey this weekend. I can't see why the first race went down as a DNF though - I know the 2nd and 4th races were both red flagged
Old 21 Nov 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1466508)   #640
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think MST might have glitched because if you select the Welsh Sports/Saloons Race 1 results, it shows the qualifying times; if you look at the PDF, then the first Formula Woman race does have some finishers. I was there on the Saturday, and there was some good drives with lap times pretty much level with the Catherham Academy runners.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1466590)   #641
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Maybe you should do more miles - check out the middle lane drivers that never pull in - 80% of the time it'll be a woman. Less accidents doesn't necessarily mean better driver.......
Old 21 Nov 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1466769)   #642
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Less deaths does.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1466815)   #643
Caramba
Rookie

Wales
Swansea
Caramba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was only marshalling on Sunday but it was a fairly mixed novice group - the leading few drivers in each race were going for it but there were a fair few tooling around slowly.
A few occasions where panic avoidance spins occured but they were novices so it's to be expected.

Unfortunately the last race was red flagged & as 2 drivers needed to be taken to hospital & both ambulances were needed to transport them the meeting was abandoned also losing the last WRDA race.

Not convinced about the concept myself as there's no reason why any decent woman driver doesn't start in the normal Graduate championship if she wants to race a Caterham is there ?
Old 21 Nov 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1466816)   #644
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
I think MST might have glitched because if you select the Welsh Sports/Saloons Race 1 results, it shows the qualifying times; if you look at the PDF, then the first Formula Woman race does have some finishers. I was there on the Saturday, and there was some good drives with lap times pretty much level with the Catherham Academy runners.
About 2 seconds off I heard! Still that second lot gave me some exercise!
Old 22 Nov 2005, 09:39 (Ref:1467201)   #645
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG
About 2 seconds off I heard! Still that second lot gave me some exercise!
Best QT for FW- Lucy Redding 1-09.674. Best QT for Academy races 1-05.903
Academy cars are shown as Caterham . FWs as K Series.Are they in fact the same cars?
Old 22 Nov 2005, 10:28 (Ref:1467241)   #646
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Best QT for FW- Lucy Redding 1-09.674. Best QT for Academy races 1-05.903
Academy cars are shown as Caterham . FWs as K Series.Are they in fact the same cars?
Well as some of the cars had caterham acadamy markings on them I'll assume they are. We did get some great racing from the girls, shame that it ended the way it did.