Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Jan 2024, 20:05 (Ref:4192225)   #326
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
On the other hand - strong BMW driver lineups: https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...r-lineups.html

This lineup is properly solid

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Proton have revealed their Mustang liveries. I like how they aren't identical or mirrors.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...-line-ups.html

They look great, but to me they look as if they were separate sub-entries like HoR/D'Station and Manthey EMA/Pure Racing. Doesn't quite sit well with my eyes
Old 21 Jan 2024, 04:45 (Ref:4192662)   #327
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The new Mustang just doesn't do it for me. It's a big car, like the BMW M4. Just my opinion, but the blue one is a great color!
Old 21 Jan 2024, 08:29 (Ref:4192674)   #328
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...r-wec-program/
Doesn't look promising.
Old 21 Jan 2024, 18:19 (Ref:4192714)   #329
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car is already made, I am sure the team owners if they wanted to, could get a budget for WEC, or maybe farm out one car perhaps. It does not have to be a factory effort initially, have a learning year on a budget
Old 21 Jan 2024, 18:22 (Ref:4192715)   #330
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Could do, if someone stumps up the cash. Assuming they have capacity to make the car without disruption. Otherwise the cost goes up.
Or you could buy one of the others that aren’t in a learning year if you are a privateer funding it yourself. Again assuming they can be available due to capacity.

They’ve stated they’re not that bothered. Which is a shame, but I see no reason to doubt what they are saying.
Old 21 Jan 2024, 18:57 (Ref:4192725)   #331
tomcug
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
The car is already made, I am sure the team owners if they wanted to, could get a budget for WEC, or maybe farm out one car perhaps. It does not have to be a factory effort initially, have a learning year on a budget
No idea if it's even possible without Honda Japan's permission.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na_D3rfuTH8
Old 21 Jan 2024, 22:14 (Ref:4192795)   #332
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
It needs someone like a Keating to do a last hurrah type deal, he has already said he does not have that much cash to burn, but something like that, run by Taylor maybe but I doubt it,
Old 22 Jan 2024, 13:43 (Ref:4192884)   #333
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wayne is working his way OUT not in, see the slow sale of the team to Andretti. They only have the WTR Acuras available, the MSR car was literally left in the WTR garage after Petit and used. I don't think they have an extra to send anywhere even if someone stumped up the cash to fully fund it AND HRC was interested
Old 22 Jan 2024, 21:52 (Ref:4192950)   #334
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
I am not at all convinced HRC can be arsed, they have a new Super GT car that will be costing millions and is their home market, plus the overall spend on stuff like Supercross, SBK and MotoGP, but they have lost the drain financially that was Marquez so that has saved them a fortune on both money and spare body panels.
Old 23 Jan 2024, 22:10 (Ref:4193090)   #335
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
F1 is their focus. They want all hands on deck for the new engine. According to motorsport.com once that settles down then they might say ok. I think it's a bunch of baloney. If I were to guess, the 'Acura' is on a tiny budget and it's just for America.
Old 24 Jan 2024, 00:36 (Ref:4193097)   #336
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well their program has had the most external sponsorship of any of the programs. AXR has Whelen but the rest are affiliated products while WTR had Konica and others, MSR was team aligned SiriusXM rather than Acura.
Old 24 Jan 2024, 11:16 (Ref:4193134)   #337
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I mean they have the car, only issue is running it in WEC or Le Mans
Is there no team willing to put part of the budget to run it (maybe United or any other LMP2 team such as APR or Vector Sport)
Or how expensive would it be to run for HRC a car that already exists? Maybe they do not want to put money into building new chasis? Also their engine is quite advanced and was supposed to be the next Indycar engine and since it is not going to be used in Indycar it does not make sense financially to build a lot more engines(I imagine the Acura engine must be most expensive as it is full on race engine)?

Also because of the engine could they have doubts if it would last running 24 hours flat out? I know the car did 24 hours at Daytona but that race is not as full on flat out as Le Mans and does not have the dirt and debries associated with using a public road track
Old 24 Jan 2024, 12:47 (Ref:4193147)   #338
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
What car do you think exists? They don't have racks of extras lying around, believe they are running the cars they built in IMSA
Old 24 Jan 2024, 13:10 (Ref:4193154)   #339
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We all want them to do it. They have other priorities and resources are finite, so it’s not one at the moment.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...r-wec-program/
Old 24 Jan 2024, 13:43 (Ref:4193158)   #340
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Manthey Porsche line ups are:

- #91 Manthey EMA: Richard Lietz, Morris Schuring and Yasser Shahin
- #92 Manthey PureRxcing: Klaus Bachler, Alex Malykhin and Joel Sturm
Old 24 Jan 2024, 17:26 (Ref:4193187)   #341
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Manthey Porsche line ups are:

- #91 Manthey EMA: Richard Lietz, Morris Schuring and Yasser Shahin
- #92 Manthey PureRxcing: Klaus Bachler, Alex Malykhin and Joel Sturm
https://www.manthey-racing.de/en/man...e-championship

No Grello
Old 25 Jan 2024, 08:32 (Ref:4193268)   #342
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
What car do you think exists? They don't have racks of extras lying around, believe they are running the cars they built in IMSA
They have developed the car and I am sure they have some spares around. Whilst not an expert I think it would not be that expensive to put a third car together and homologaate it for WEC and find a team to run it. WTR seems keen to do it too.

But is up to them how they want to spend the money.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 15:26 (Ref:4193327)   #343
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I don't think they have another bit to build, they literally took the MSR car down to the WTR garage at the end of Petit. I would assume it's in use, they aren't building tons of these things and spares
Old 25 Jan 2024, 15:53 (Ref:4193329)   #344
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Whether or not there is another chassis, adding another competitive car, even with a customer, is not cheap and is a drain on resources. Especially if you want to do it well. They have to support it. Technical support, spare parts, etc…

A WEC program travels the world. That has challenges and is more complex than supporting a US program only. If they are to do it then they would want to promote it (hospitality, promotion in local markets, as well as traditional adverts).

They have finite resources. They’ve got people they are lending to other programs which may not last forever. This may be something that they fall back to when those are done. I wouldn’t want to hire a lot of people to only let them go when it is done. They could also be managing the overall to be more sustainable from this perspective.

It is clear that this is not possible for them at the moment. I read them say it in an article somewhere.
Old 26 Jan 2024, 12:38 (Ref:4193410)   #345
tomcug
Veteran

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/d...y-notebook-18/
Quote:
Proton team principal Christian Ried told Sportscar365 they will “make a plan” once the Le Mans entry list is confirmed on whether they would need to fly its WeatherTech Championship car to Le Mans or potentially have a third 963, should the German team be granted a second Hypercar entry.
Interesting. I'd rather see a second Proton car than a third Penske.
Old 26 Jan 2024, 13:37 (Ref:4193415)   #346
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/d...y-notebook-18/

Interesting. I'd rather see a second Proton car than a third Penske.
Proton also has 2 Mustangs in GT already. And is not suppling any track safety vehicles or sponsoring the ACO for example.
Old 26 Jan 2024, 20:55 (Ref:4193466)   #347
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think they have another bit to build, they literally took the MSR car down to the WTR garage at the end of Petit. I would assume it's in use, they aren't building tons of these things and spares
Not so fast my friend!
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...ly-legacy.html

In talking about team structure now with Andretti on board young Taylor says this about their shop in Indy:

Quote:
“The shop is the same up in Indianapolis, but they’ve redesigned all the offices to fit that many more engineers. The layout of the whole shop floor is just insanely packed with race cars. Now we have our two Acuras, but there’s five tubs – there’s the GTD car, there’s five (Lamborghini) Super Trofeo cars.
So the two built cars plus 5 tubs. Don't know what that means for parts supply, but they can't be lacking if there are 5 extra tubs!
Old 27 Jan 2024, 03:57 (Ref:4193493)   #348
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
5 tubs but importantly, how many engines and hybrid units? I'm gonna guys MAYBE 4, maybe 5 so spare for each in the truck and one for the shop but that's not enough to build up another program. Plus a tub ain't a car so based on his words we have 2 of em out there so I stand on my 2 cars statement
Old 27 Jan 2024, 09:53 (Ref:4193512)   #349
tomcug
Veteran

Quote:
5 tubs but importantly, how many engines and hybrid units?
Exactly, there's a big difference between having a carbon tub and an entire car put together Adding the fact they need spares for the IMSA cars just in case, it's not easy for sure.
Old 31 Jan 2024, 03:55 (Ref:4194326)   #350
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With just 2 classes, why the heck is GT3 running with orange number panels?! That is so dumb. It is too similar to the red of hypercar. Just go with green. Or maybe hypercar should run black, and GT3 run green to line up with IMSA.