Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Jun 2007, 16:27 (Ref:1946457)   #26
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
as far away from the paddock / pit area / kangaroo main base as possible
Old 25 Jun 2007, 18:44 (Ref:1946599)   #27
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So, not the champagne bar.

As I said in my post above, I plum forgot to take it to Tertre Rouge, but in theory it should have worked from the Porsche Curves to there, given they had the same coverage (3 towers) as at an F1 event.

We tried in Parking Expo, and no dice, though - and when driving by on N23, so it wasn't the highway berm blocking the signal - we had line of sight to the stands. And I did find that it packetized a bit behind the stands, by the vendors.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 26 Jun 2007, 07:23 (Ref:1946985)   #28
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
what champagne bar?

Fair enough, just wondered where the coverage was - still probably worth it, though.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 08:03 (Ref:1947011)   #29
AMICALEMANS
Racer

France
AMICALEMANS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I am not official ACO, i was just telling you that when i spoke about Kangaroo TV with the ACO Marketing Manager, he told me that he was thinking about the lowest rate possible... In fact, 100 euros is a psychological frontier for most spectators !
I think : 100 euros or up for the week including test days will be a good price.
down to 100 euros for the race will be also a good price (and we spoke about 50-70 or 60-80)
and i hope that for spectators it will be cheaper than 100 euros !
Old 26 Jun 2007, 11:00 (Ref:1947148)   #30
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think your assessment is valid, Amicalemans - I was just pointing out the other side of it (high demand, requiring a high number of units, which would need some other use in order to justify the cost of manufacturing).
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 26 Jun 2007, 11:29 (Ref:1947160)   #31
AMICALEMANS
Racer

France
AMICALEMANS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
I think your assessment is valid, Amicalemans - I was just pointing out the other side of it (high demand, requiring a high number of units, which would need some other use in order to justify the cost of manufacturing).

Those Kangaroo things are manufactured in china for sure, and they are also used in others events.... you know that ! Nascar, F1.... So where is the problem ?