Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:44 (Ref:1942033)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Minor point of procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
(and I guess the French wording probably takes precedence anyway?)
You are quite right.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:59 (Ref:1942047)   #27
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think it was almost entirely different was it? I think it WAS entirely different and would only have had two drivers (had it got past lap 2!)
well the number on the side was the same...
Old 19 Jun 2007, 22:00 (Ref:1942100)   #28
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, in 1950 or '51 I think, the winning Ferrari had too many mechanics working on it. The Jaguar team saw it, as did their pit marshall, and he said that due to the number of witnesses, if they protested, they'd win the arguement, and the Ferrari would be penalized.

However, none of the crew members, drivers, or team owner/Jaguar cars owner Bill Lyons protested, Lyons saying that if he were to beat Ferrari, it would be on the race track, not because of a rules violation.

Doubtlessly, Audi won't protest, as they won fairly over Peugeot, and I doubt that Pescarolo will protest, nor the Rollcentre team even if they would win the argument.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 00:04 (Ref:1942150)   #29
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi
Well, in 1950 or '51 I think, the winning Ferrari had too many mechanics working on it. The Jaguar team saw it, as did their pit marshall, and he said that due to the number of witnesses, if they protested, they'd win the arguement, and the Ferrari would be penalized.

However, none of the crew members, drivers, or team owner/Jaguar cars owner Bill Lyons protested, Lyons saying that if he were to beat Ferrari, it would be on the race track, not because of a rules violation.

Doubtlessly, Audi won't protest, as they won fairly over Peugeot, and I doubt that Pescarolo will protest, nor the Rollcentre team even if they would win the argument.
Hear hear and well said. Let's perhaps make this the end of it.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 21:35 (Ref:1942920)   #30
renkadima
Rookie

renkadima should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While we're on the subject of rules, what's the one governing rejoining from the pit lane under a safety car? At one point, we had one car held at the end of the pit lane for quite a few seconds, even though there was no safety car in sight; and yet shortly afterwards we could see other cars being allowed to rejoin in the middle of the train.

Isn't it supposed to be the case that the cars can rejoin once the train has passed?
Old 20 Jun 2007, 21:38 (Ref:1942921)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by renkadima
While we're on the subject of rules, what's the one governing rejoining from the pit lane under a safety car? At one point, we had one car held at the end of the pit lane for quite a few seconds, even though there was no safety car in sight; and yet shortly afterwards we could see other cars being allowed to rejoin in the middle of the train.
RLM remarked on this at the time, but also said, later, that it was held because its lights weren't on not because of any SC issue.

I remember the mechanics running up the pit lane to the car, they got quite close before they let it out on to the track!
Old 20 Jun 2007, 21:43 (Ref:1942926)   #32
renkadima
Rookie

Ah! Missed that. Thanks.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 09:53 (Ref:1943214)   #33
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't got the regs to hand but I think it was run to the version that the pit exit is open only whilst the safety car and its train of cars is passing. That tallies with what you saw - cars would be held once the train has passed.

It's a good rule IMO as it stops cars tearing round the track to catch the train - whilst marshals are on track dealing with incidents.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 12:00 (Ref:1944178)   #34
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
seems to me there should be a) a French rule book for french teams and b) a rule book for everyone else
but also a 'longest last lap' rule is stupid, just as long as the car makes it, it shouldn't matter.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 11:51 (Ref:1945461)   #35
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With the hope of receiving informations about this subject, I sent this email to the race direction and to two journalists, Jean-Marc Teissèdre (who writes the annual book) and to Laurent Chauveau (Endurance-Info) : (sorry it's in french)

A l'attention de MM. D.Poissenot, J-M.Teissèdre et L.Chauveau.

Bonjour,
Doutant sur la capacité du moteur de sa 908 Ã* boucler un dernier tour, Sébastien Bourdais, sur le conseil de Serge Saulnier, s'est arrêté sur la piste au niveau du ralentisseur Ford pour attendre l'Audi n°1 avant de passer sous le drapeau (cf. l'Equipe du 18 juin). Or le règlement sportif de l'ACO précise dans l'article suivant :

"25.2.2 - Pour être classée une voiture doit :
a) Franchir la ligne d'arrivée sur la piste de course lorsque le
drapeau Ã* damier est présenté, sauf cas de force majeure Ã*
l'appréciation des Commissaires Sportifs. Il est interdit de
s'arrêter sur la piste de course en attendant la présentation du
drapeau Ã* damier."

Qu'en est il ? Une polémique a eu lieu Ã* ce sujet dans un forum international dédié Ã* l'endurance.
Il serait intéressant d'avoir un éclaircissement sur cet évènement qui n'enlève toutefois rien Ã* la performance de l'équipe Peugeot et qui n'a pas soulevé de protestation, semble t-il, de la part d'Henri Pescarolo ou de Martin Short.

Merci de bien vouloir nous renseigner !
Respectueusement et cordialement.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 12:35 (Ref:1945478)   #36
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done Pascal, no doubt you'll let us know if you get a response?
Old 24 Jun 2007, 16:14 (Ref:1945570)   #37
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well done Pascal, no doubt you'll let us know if you get a response?
Yes of course.
I hope that, at least, the question will be asked in the medias.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 17:02 (Ref:1947414)   #38
Piglet
Veteran

I hate to bang on about this even more but I've just watched the Motors highlights coverage of the end of the race and it just makes my blood boil

The rest of the field fight their way round another very wet and slippery lap yet the Pug parks up and then cruises its way to the line and stops to take the applause.

That's 2 broken regs and the Motors TV guys clearly don't know their regs as they talk about the six minute lap but not the "thou shalt not stop on the last lap to let the leader go by".

I know it's the way of the ACO and the way it is but it does make me mad...
Old 26 Jun 2007, 17:26 (Ref:1947445)   #39
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme
I guess take the position away afterwards. Didn't this happen to Coultard in the Jag some years ago after they won the class? I read in an interview that he didn't give the trophy back though!
Yes , but that happened cuz they chose to race under appeal . They didnt have a silencer was the issue i believe . but they did loose their win !!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 17:27 (Ref:1947446)   #40
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by renkadima
Ah! Missed that. Thanks.
How you doing ? Thanks for the laughs
Old 26 Jun 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1947624)   #41
Dragaan
Rookie

Dragaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What really annoys me is that in the press interview, the Peugeot team said that they didn't think their car would be able to complete another lap. So, they feel they have the right to stop and wait? I thought this was supposed to be an endurance race? Everyone else had to race or at least drive to the end. This makes a whole mockery of the entire event and is a slap in the face to the other teams.
Although I am not a fan of the leeway given to the diesel's, I applaud the Audi team for their achievement. At least they drove in the spirit of the race and earned their place. I just hope that the Peugeots get dragged over the coals for every little infringment they make for the reast of the season. Heck, I might even bring some stingers to silverstone!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 21:54 (Ref:1947659)   #42
The Badger
Veteran

Naa mate ..... you need a JDAM for the HDI VAP !!!
Old 27 Jun 2007, 10:34 (Ref:1947998)   #43
renkadima
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
How you doing ? Thanks for the laughs
Good thanks, mate. A lot drier for a start!

Tiny Ted sends his love.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 13:13 (Ref:1948109)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trussers

One other way I have seen this work is an outraged commentator shouting "they can't do that... the race director has to take action!" and sure enough, action is taken.
PT

I shall be listening very carefully next year in case you say that, Paul.....

Welcome (belatedly) to Ten Tenths
Old 29 Jun 2007, 01:22 (Ref:1949345)   #45
The Badger
Veteran

Has anyone bothered to mail the ACO and ask them to kindly explain exactly what happened and why Peugeot were allowed to get away with that one ?

I might , but I might not get an answer !!!
Old 29 Jun 2007, 01:28 (Ref:1949348)   #46
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
This has happened year upon year! There is nothing wrong with it!
I dont see a problem with it either but , if the rules say you cant do that , then you cant do that , unless your french it seems .

Im getting a little bit sick of the ACO and their one sided "French" favours ?

Like the IMSA chassis change last year . But for a strong Japaneese presence and a lot of shouting , the JLOC Lambo would not have taken the start either ..... probably would have been cheaper for JLOC if it hadnt , bet DAMS are laughing all the way to the bank by now .