Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Jun 2007, 22:46 (Ref:1942984)   #26
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not German, Flemish.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 21 Jun 2007, 02:17 (Ref:1943029)   #27
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paul, hope it's not bronchitis. Ooooooh, you mean Flemish flemish...
(je sais, je sais, pas trés drôle)
Old 21 Jun 2007, 05:43 (Ref:1943076)   #28
AMICALEMANS
Racer

France
AMICALEMANS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMICALEMANS
I did not find any english people with some weird cars on friday between Mulsanne and Arnage... Was they too drunk to be there ?
Old 21 Jun 2007, 08:50 (Ref:1943174)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not so funny at the time,but I thought my phone was unusally quiet on the blast from Calais Wed morning.On arrival at the circuit a few hours later,I tried to phone the guy I was supposed to be driving for,no signal!no nothing!so I tried to find anyone I knew who would let me make a call,no-one there,tried to find a land line,no chance of it actualy working!Retired to Arnage for lunch,bought a card for the local public phone,7.5Euros,put it into the slot,nothing.!.Went for a short drive to see some friends,used thier phone.Phoned and complained to my mobile supplier,"It should be O.K in a couple of hours". Went to find my Gite,madam had been told of my iminent arrival,she turned up 1hr20mins later.Switched the phone off as instructed.
Thursday,turned phone back on,nothing,This is looking good!.Back to circuit to collect passes etc,security getting agitated at my car being inside where my race car is supposed to be,with pass,es etc.Not there!I,m told that my car will be towwed away,the guy is actually on his radio requesting a truck to come along and perform the deed.I borrow a paddock pass and drive the car out to the main entrence and wait for two hours,at this point I,m getting pretty peed off and decide to retreat back to arnage.Had a plesent lunch and decide to have one more look in the paddock,try to walk through only to be told that the pass I,ve borrowed. is not the one it should be.!Friday ,back to Calais and back home by 3.30 in the afternoon.Next year?NO CHANCE!!!!!!!I.ll be at Dijon the following week!
Old 21 Jun 2007, 12:54 (Ref:1943359)   #30
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Terence, I couldn't get my mobile to work for voice either - every call I attempted was blocked by Orange. SMS worked like a charm though. I just hate typing on the numeric keypad, and the predictive text is always wrong.

Oh, and it annoys me when I spend 10 minutes composing a message and get a reply 1 minute later in better English than I sent. But that might just be Blackberry envy.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 21 Jun 2007, 13:05 (Ref:1943372)   #31
bonedome
Rookie

England
bonedome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Odd rather than funny, Sunday night Houx Annexe watching a group of lads, at least ten of them, walking around the campsite in nothing but trainers and socks waving at everyone in the camp.
The women next to us went mental ran back inside her camper van for her camera shrieking hysterically like a banshee, obviously never had seen a naked man before.
Whoever they were, brave comes to mind,
Old 25 Jun 2007, 17:31 (Ref:1946535)   #32
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the way to Le Mans, on what looked like a TGV version 1.0 (slow, dirty, ugly interior), I got on the mobile to speak to my sister who had just arrived at the airport to give her more instruction on how to get to Le Mans from the Montparnasse station. After about 10 minutes, a frenchman sitting across the corridor from me, tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to a sign up above that, apparently, prohibited the use of mobiles in the main cabin. The thing is, and some of you might be familiar with it, that sign looked like the photo of a condom with a sleepy face. How is someone to know that means that using a mobile is prohibited? Could have they not just use the red circle with a diagonal bar across, over a proper mobile (the one shown had an antenna. An ANTENNA!!! How nostalgic is that? heheheh).

Anyway, the frenchman and his buddy went the whole way to Le Mans very upset not just because I "disrespected" the condom sign, but because of the multitude of languages my friend and I spoke, besides understand his language. He was clearly not amused. hehehehehe
Old 25 Jun 2007, 19:03 (Ref:1946625)   #33
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I allmost choked with laughter when I saw a friend us had taped a blowup toy alligator on his back while running around and randomly attacking other camps with two big supersoakers.
You can imagine what happened to him when he showed up at the Houx annexe roundabout on one of our stripped scootmobiles! He was drenced to his skeleton

We also saw a group of about ten lads dressed up as women(really over the top ones)walking thrue the village, The cheers and " real english humour remarks" they received was a right old laugh as well.
Then there was this bloke in Beausejour dressed in one of those Borat swimming outfits,gliding down a large earht/mudhill on his bare bottom

Have to say that the gendarmes really handled the situation at the Houx annexe roundabout very well. Allthough they were ofcourse boo'd at from time to time,they never lost their cool and just provided a bit of safety.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 17:05 (Ref:1947419)   #34
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
Have to say that the gendarmes really handled the situation at the Houx annexe roundabout very well. Allthough they were ofcourse boo'd at from time to time,they never lost their cool and just provided a bit of safety.
In other words, a good cop. Unlike those who really "go by the book" and rain on everyone's parade.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 17:19 (Ref:1947439)   #35
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
when arriving in Carrefour on friday morning, Reinhold Joest was just going out of it
not sure he went to buy beer or merguez, maybe just to see the Audi R8R exposed in there

He's surely not the illusive "soup kitchen chef" ..... is he !!!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 20:13 (Ref:1947576)   #36
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitano
In other words, a good cop. Unlike those who really "go by the book" and rain on everyone's parade.
I reckon it was only a matter of time before someone got run over at Houx Anex roundabout . A laugh is a laugh but we had some nob a few years back on one of those small motorbikes , and we actually ran into the back of him cuz he was acting the nob , you shoulda seen the look on his puss !!!
Old 27 Jun 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1948361)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nothing particularly embarassing for me, I'm pleased to say, aside perhaps from having to get changed in the back of the car in garage rouge on Friday afternoon after getting the worst drowning I've ever had at Le Mans....

On poor behaviour? I noticed that the people at the front of the grandstand opposite me before the start were getting very upset with the Dutch fans who let off those appalling orange smoke flares. All I can say is that its a good job my asthmatic wife wasn't sitting in there - thoroughly selfish and frankly unnecessary behaviour - IMO.

And, while I think of it - how come there were so many interlopers in T34 at the start of the race this year - sitting on the stairways. They clearly didn't have tickets. Was someone greasing the palm of the stand marshalls or didn't they care?
Old 28 Jun 2007, 21:15 (Ref:1949237)   #38
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitano
Anyway, the frenchman and his buddy went the whole way to Le Mans very upset not just because I "disrespected" the condom sign, but because of the multitude of languages my friend and I spoke, besides understand his language. He was clearly not amused. hehehehehe
I can't stand people phoning in the TGV, such a peaceful place, when I'm trying to sleep. AAARRRGGHH !
Old 30 Jun 2007, 13:05 (Ref:1950476)   #39
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
I can't stand people phoning in the TGV, such a peaceful place, when I'm trying to sleep. AAARRRGGHH !

Both of them were reading, so I guess I distracted them. hehehehe