Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Apr 2009, 21:34 (Ref:2449520)   #51
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlongman View Post
If they do have some sort of world series where LMS and ALMS teams cross the pond more often, I wonder if they would increase the length of the ALMS races. LMS races are 6 hrs. long about, so maybe a race like Road America would be extended to 6 hours. THAT would be great race.
Return of the Road America 500!
Old 25 Apr 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2449522)   #52
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
Return of the Road America 500!
that's what i'm talkin 'bout.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 22:21 (Ref:2449548)   #53
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Nelson Ledges; go back to when racers were men. When pitching a tent, and peeing in a pit toilet were the norm and no cared because they were there to race.
So the guys who race nowadays don't qualify as men because someone fitted flush toilets at the circuit?

Tell you what Bob - you say that to their faces and I'll hold your coat ;-)
Old 25 Apr 2009, 22:46 (Ref:2449559)   #54
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
So the guys who race nowadays don't qualify as men because someone fitted flush toilets at the circuit?

Tell you what Bob - you say that to their faces and I'll hold your coat ;-)
Anyone who whined about it had better be careful on a windy day, his skirt might blow into his face. (ceptin Scotsmen of course)
Old 26 Apr 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2449832)   #55
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
A series that never has had much manufacturer support is going to self title itself the World Series?
Old 26 Apr 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2449860)   #56
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Only the FIA can grant the Championship WC status
Old 26 Apr 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2449892)   #57
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, but they can name it "world series" without FIA grant
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2449895)   #58
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Only that's not what Patrick peter decribed it as
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2449899)   #59
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Only the FIA can grant the Championship WC status
Of course, but after the LMS asks for such a title........ which is in essence what I was getting at.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2449901)   #60
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think the horse is being put behind the cart here, the "series" is a dream at this point and what tracks--heck at this point bad choice is relative.

Bring them up to Donnybrooke, that five thousand foot straight will see who gots the ponies.
Bob
I was pointing out that the track can handle a series like that , imo , as it did before . Thats all Bob .
Old 26 Apr 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2450021)   #61
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
So, they throw away a bunch of successful ALMS races and keep a bunch of failure LMS races? How very, very French (or European, I should say).

When you get some fans to show up for those LMS races, give us a holler over here in the colonies. We'd be happy to consider racing. In the meantime, there's not one LMS race that touches the top five ALMS races for attendance. And the so-called Asian Le Mans Series hasn't even happened yet, after two aborted tries.
Silverstone had 53, 000 at it's LMS race. Don't forget, TV coverage of LMS races doesn't make it look like there's more there than there is than F1, A1GP, WTCC etc.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2450048)   #62
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Brands Hatch doesn't have the facilities for the LMS.

Add to that as well that if you dont live around the London, Norwich, Northhampton area as well its bloody miles from everywere else in the country, about 6 hours drive from Preston which isnt particularly far north, Silverstone is the only venue i want to see the LMS at, Donington is good but the new owners have really ****ed things up and i fear for the circuit now.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 00:10 (Ref:2450287)   #63
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Silverstone had 53, 000 at it's LMS race. Don't forget, TV coverage of LMS races doesn't make it look like there's more there than there is than F1, A1GP, WTCC etc.
A lot of tickets were given away for free by Peugeot via their dealers though.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 27 Apr 2009, 01:43 (Ref:2450321)   #64
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Numbers wise I've seen it reported somewhere that it was in the region of 20-30,000 tix that Peugeot gave away, but that is a good thing, it brings people to the race who normally wouldn't go but give people a freebie and they change their mind. (slightly off topic but quite interesting all the same)
Old 27 Apr 2009, 05:23 (Ref:2450366)   #65
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How i would love for there to be a race in Australia. But we all know how that went last time ALMS came to Adelaide. Although there was 65,000 peolpe there on race day.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 06:53 (Ref:2450398)   #66
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
How i would love for there to be a race in Australia. But we all know how that went last time ALMS came to Adelaide. Although there was 65,000 peolpe there on race day.
As i've been wishing for for years - stupid politics means it isnt going to happen again unfortunately.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2450458)   #67
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
Add to that as well that if you dont live around the London, Norwich, Northhampton area as well its bloody miles from everywere else in the country, about 6 hours drive from Preston which isnt particularly far north, Silverstone is the only venue i want to see the LMS at, Donington is good but the new owners have really ****ed things up and i fear for the circuit now.
The 'London, Norwich, Northampton area' That's some 'area' - London to Norwich is 120 miles and can take about 3 hours to drive.

Silverstone may be convenient but it is hardly an inspirational venue!
Old 27 Apr 2009, 10:59 (Ref:2450568)   #68
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
A lot of tickets were given away for free by Peugeot via their dealers though.
I'd have thought a lot of well-attended big and well-backed events frequently do the same.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2450663)   #69
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Silverstone may be convenient but it is hardly an inspirational venue!
I'm not sure that's the case any longer, speak to younger fans and Silverstone is now considered to be a classic track, I've been impressed on my last few visits, particularly if it's nice weather and there's a good crowd on.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2450666)   #70
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
A series that never has had much manufacturer support is going to self title itself the World Series?
How much manufactuer backing does a series actually need?

I'd say Peugeot and Audi would back such a series, there's also Aston Martin. P2 has always been for privateers, GT1...................., while I prefare GT2 to be for privateers with factory developed and supported cars so you can increase the numbers.

I'd imagine a World Series would consist of the LMS and Asian series, so I suspect the organisers would be looking to attract a Japanease manufactuer to P1.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 13:53 (Ref:2450695)   #71
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Announcments like these are often either done with prior knowledge of some backing from Manufacturers or in order to guage interest.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 18:14 (Ref:2450910)   #72
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
How much manufactuer backing does a series actually need?
A world series would need money.... manufacturers or sponsors....??
Old 27 Apr 2009, 19:15 (Ref:2450962)   #73
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I'm not sure that's the case any longer, speak to younger fans and Silverstone is now considered to be a classic track, I've been impressed on my last few visits, particularly if it's nice weather and there's a good crowd on.
I'm 14 and I accept that Silverstone is a terrible circuit.

I'm not stupid and suggesting that it should be held at Oulton Park or Cadwell (lol), but I'm not keen on Silverstone.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2450974)   #74
Lipp
Rookie

Netherlands
Lipp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the economic circumstances are extremely good for a worldwide LM Series. Endurance racing is the perfect venue for the testing and development of all kinds of hybrids/diesels and other engines, how about a rotaty hybid? it will come!

BTW:On the topic of smoking...you guys forgot a great circuit... what about Zandvoort???
Old 27 Apr 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2451068)   #75
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
I think the economic circumstances are extremely good for a worldwide LM Series. Endurance racing is the perfect venue for the testing and development of all kinds of hybrids/diesels and other engines, how about a rotaty hybid? it will come!

BTW:On the topic of smoking...you guys forgot a great circuit... what about Zandvoort???
Zandvoort - now we are talking. Who needs an LMS race at Silverstone...