Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2007, 20:25 (Ref:1929655)   #1
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We're Back ! - Motors TV Le Mans Line-Up

Yes, we're back...

Motors TV's line-up for the live TV marathon that is the Le Mans 50+ Hours is unveiled.

Mark Cole, Carlton Kirby and myself will be joined by Neville Hay in the booth, more-than-ably assisted by a brace of Scottish endurance race aces - David Leslie and Marino Franchitti. Their mission, to prevent us talking too much rubbish, if at all possible.

To further ensure compliance with North-of-the-border quotas, our cutest Scot, Diana Binks, will again be patrolling the pit-lane, with Le Mans virgin Samantha Nash.

Once again, programming begins with the live interview stage in Place des Jacobins, meaning those of you leaving later in the week can marvel at the stunning weather and garner pearls of wisdom from the teams and drivers before qualifying begins.

If you do find yourself in town on Monday and Tuesday, feel free to come over and harrangue us from a safe distance...

Wednesday and Thursday evenings will be given over to live coverage of the qualifying sessions (and some carping about missing dinner again!) while Friday will boast live fooling about from the Drivers' Parade (hopefully including the now-legendary fly-past of 1664 Squadron.)

If you still haven't headed Sarthe-wards, settle in from early on Saturday morning for Warm-up, the Legends Race and, from 1500CET (that's 2pm to you) ban the wife and kids from the room as the 75th 24 Hours gets underway...

As last year, our coverage stays live - even though you'll all scamper off to the comfort of your own beds, you lightweights - until some 2 hours after flag-fall...

We hope you'll all be watching.

And, don't forget... we know where you live!

Last edited by Martin Haven; 5 Jun 2007 at 20:28.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 20:46 (Ref:1929669)   #2
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would pay gobs of money to have Motors TV in the US.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 20:49 (Ref:1929671)   #3
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Martin

I'm really looking forward to it. Used to go to Le Mans but got married and I've never been back since! Must be grounds for divorce (am I joking??). The MOTORS TV coverage was brilliant last year and no doubt will be this. Its a real nice feeling to be able to turn on at any time during the race and watch some racing.

Diana Binks is Scottish, well you can tell her from me that she speaks very well.

Nick
Old 5 Jun 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1929673)   #4
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
have fun! and thanks for the excellent coverage will watch as much as i can
Old 5 Jun 2007, 20:57 (Ref:1929675)   #5
Whitestar
Rookie

England
England
Whitestar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And who's running the book on when Martin loses his voice i think it was about hour 12 last year. So i'll go with about hour15 this year
Old 5 Jun 2007, 21:01 (Ref:1929677)   #6
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great news Martin - looking forward to it immensely!

One thing though, will Carlton be driving down with the hood UP this year?

Oh, and if your voice does last longer than whitestar suggests, do keep plugging us marshals!
Old 5 Jun 2007, 21:08 (Ref:1929684)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Nice one, bring it on! Question for you, don't know if you can help. My motorhome has a funny pop-up satelite thingy on the roof and, two years ago, I was enjoying the (very wet) coverage of a mate of mine winning the Seat race at Oulton Park after watching the finish at Arnage. Last year, however, we weren't able to tune in to Motors for some reason. I took my own viewing card from home but that didn't unlock the channel for me either - any ideas? There's no better way of keeping up to date than tuning in to RLM and the Motors TV coverage whilst sitting 100 yards from the track
Old 5 Jun 2007, 21:30 (Ref:1929701)   #8
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Nice one, bring it on! Question for you, don't know if you can help. My motorhome has a funny pop-up satelite thingy on the roof and, two years ago, I was enjoying the (very wet) coverage of a mate of mine winning the Seat race at Oulton Park after watching the finish at Arnage. Last year, however, we weren't able to tune in to Motors for some reason. I took my own viewing card from home but that didn't unlock the channel for me either - any ideas? There's no better way of keeping up to date than tuning in to RLM and the Motors TV coverage whilst sitting 100 yards from the track
Other than sitting on a Prat-Perch on the pit-wall, I agree... though my lofty vantage-point in Motors Towers comes very close...

but to answer your question - no idea... go to the Motors TV forum and ask Fred Viger - he's the boss, so he'll know - or know someone who does...

it's not some poxy "Sky-got-to-have-your-phone-plugged-into-it deal", is it??

Last edited by Martin Haven; 5 Jun 2007 at 21:36.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 21:34 (Ref:1929705)   #9
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
By the way, here are the air-times...

UK Timings at present are:

Monday June 11 Scrutineering: 13.30 - 17.00

Tuesday June 12 Scrutineering: 07.30 - 16.00

Weds June 13 Qualifying 1: 18.00 - 23.00

Thurs June 14 Qualifying 2: 18.00 - 23.00

Friday June 15 Drivers Parade: 17.00 - 18.00

Sat June 16 Warm-up, Legends, Race: 08.00 - 00.00

Sun June 17 Race: 00.00 - 14.30

I make that 53.5 hours... even more than last year...

And I am vowing to do the entire race this year... even though I had no voice on Saturday morning last year, after the week's build-up...

If anyone can find a record for longest live tv sports broadcasts, please let me know...
Old 5 Jun 2007, 21:42 (Ref:1929711)   #10
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sounds like a good line up ! Who's doing the WTCC from Brno Martin ?
Old 5 Jun 2007, 22:00 (Ref:1929731)   #11
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Sounds like a good line up ! Who's doing the WTCC from Brno Martin ?
Mike Lawrence and Kelvin Burt

Damn shame to miss it, but...
Old 6 Jun 2007, 00:20 (Ref:1929806)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like Motors TV are once again putting in another big effort for this years Le Mans 24 hours, I myself will be tuned in for the entire week as I'm sure a lot of people here will be too. Keep up the good work.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 00:27 (Ref:1929809)   #13
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
I would pay gobs of money to have Motors TV in the US.
Think yourself lucky that you at least have Speed. Here in Australia we'll be lucky to have anything more than an hour highlights package a week or more after the event.
Thankfully I'll be there but even though I'll have a camera along I can't shoot anything for my local (Melbourne) TV show due to the TV rights issue, so pretty much, no coverage at all of the World's greatest race here down under.
Thank God for Radio LeMans.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 01:48 (Ref:1929831)   #14
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i too will be tuning in as i did last year, i just hope to god they have fixed the continuos picture and sound breakup alot of people have been having on Motors TV for a month or so now.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 06:04 (Ref:1929907)   #15
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

Quote:
NightStalk3r
i just hope to god they have fixed the continuos picture and sound breakup alot of people have been having on Motors TV for a month or so now.
So its not just my TV set, thank God for that. I agree I hope MOTORS TV fixes what ever needs to be fixed.

Nick
Old 6 Jun 2007, 06:18 (Ref:1929914)   #16
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info, great team for the first class coverage. We (Piglet and I) will be in there, so record the race for when we get home, DTM at Brands then down to Le Mans Sunday night....

PS my 86 year old mum will be glued to the TV for the whole weekend she loves the race and the motors team, we'll come and say hello at some point over the weekend.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 08:02 (Ref:1929979)   #17
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
ban the wife and kids from the room as the 75th 24 Hours gets underway...
Oi Martin! - you might like to remember that some of your audience are female.

Can't wait for the coverage, bought a load of new blank tapes yesterday to make sure I don't miss anything!
Old 6 Jun 2007, 08:08 (Ref:1929985)   #18
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea when the highlights are gonna be on tv ?

Will be at the race but want to catch the highlights of the main race and record the Legends race
Old 6 Jun 2007, 08:32 (Ref:1930005)   #19
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocmonster7
Oi Martin! - you might like to remember that some of your audience are female.

Can't wait for the coverage, bought a load of new blank tapes yesterday to make sure I don't miss anything!
No offense intended, of course...

Are you going to be up all night, putting a new tape in every 3 hours, or do you have long play and thus 6 hours rest??
Old 6 Jun 2007, 08:33 (Ref:1930006)   #20
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Forgot to mention that Group C guru Chris Parsons will of course be back with us again.

His knowledge of sportscar racing is second only to his knowledge of good places to eat in Le Mans!!
Old 6 Jun 2007, 08:35 (Ref:1930007)   #21
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Every 3 hours Martin? I have somewhere around here some 5 hour tapes, think I might well stick them on long play and get a full 10 hours. I've got out of the habit of recording every Le Mans race these last couple of years thanks to Sky+ but I think this year I'm going to stick the race onto tape again too.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 09:11 (Ref:1930034)   #22
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm currently struggling to imagine this sort of banter between James Allen and the posters on the F1 forum....

Old 6 Jun 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1930104)   #23
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
geeteeone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sun June 17 Race: 00.00 - 14.30
I hope that's wrong, otherwise we'll miss the finish

EDIT: Oops, just realised they were UK times...
Old 6 Jun 2007, 10:45 (Ref:1930108)   #24
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Quote:
Diana Binks, will again be patrolling the pit-lane, with Le Mans virgin Samantha Nash.
That'll be Sam PARK, then...

D'Oh - that'll teach me to post late in the evening without recourse to my brain cells...

She's SO much better than Samantha Nash, anyway!
Old 6 Jun 2007, 10:47 (Ref:1930109)   #25
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeone
I hope that's wrong, otherwise we'll miss the finish

EDIT: Oops, just realised they were UK times...
Quite correct - luckily on Motors, we never have to leave to join the tennis/cycling/volleyball live...