Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2007, 23:35 (Ref:1935565)   #51
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For those who don't have access to Motors TV:-

'As part of a promotion the Setanta Sports channel on Freeview (ch. 34) is going to be broadcasting unencrypted between 1900 and 2200 until June 22. A quick check through the listings means that the following motorsport progs should be free-to-view on that channel during that time:

Sat June 16: Live Le Mans (1900-1930, 2130-2200)'

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97447

Who are the commentators on Setanta?
Old 13 Jun 2007, 08:24 (Ref:1935714)   #52
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Hey if anybody is interested I'm going to try again this year to record the entire Radio LeMans broadcast, from the start of the race to a bit after the finish. Total file size should be around 1GB. If anybody wants I can split the files up and put them either on a CD-R or DVD-R and send them to people. Make for a really great way to re-live the race after its finished!
Old 13 Jun 2007, 09:38 (Ref:1935770)   #53
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
For those who don't have access to Motors TV:-
'As part of a promotion the Setanta Sports channel on Freeview (ch. 34) is going to be broadcasting unencrypted between 1900 and 2200 until June 22. A quick check through the listings means that the following motorsport progs should be free-to-view on that channel during that time:
Sat June 16: Live Le Mans (1900-1930, 2130-2200)'
Thanks for pointing that information out JAG, I have MotorsTV but it will be of great interest to a friend who doesn't!
Old 13 Jun 2007, 13:39 (Ref:1935946)   #54
Evil Fuzzy
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Evil Fuzzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP
Hey if anybody is interested I'm going to try again this year to record the entire Radio LeMans broadcast, from the start of the race to a bit after the finish. Total file size should be around 1GB. If anybody wants I can split the files up and put them either on a CD-R or DVD-R and send them to people. Make for a really great way to re-live the race after its finished!
Great idea!
However I think the entire Radio Le Mans broadcast of the race and qualifying will be available through podcast and direct download from their site. That was the way it was last year and they did the same for last weekends Nürburgring 24 hours.
I'm only assuming so you'd better record it to be on the safe side, though.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 22:35 (Ref:1936407)   #55
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm fairly confident that's going to be infringing several copyrights, and I hope you're not thinking of selling them through 10ths?
Old 14 Jun 2007, 10:16 (Ref:1936737)   #56
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep,

It's copyright infringement, you can record it for yourself but not for distribution. Otherwise Radio Le Mans will be on yer case.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 10:28 (Ref:1936741)   #57
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely, that's just plain naughty.

"Pescalairo"
Old 14 Jun 2007, 19:25 (Ref:1937095)   #58
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just wrote RLM to ask if they will do a podcast this year, there is nothing on their website that mentions this.
Did they actually do this last year, I recall hearing about it but never saw anything more.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 20:08 (Ref:1937125)   #59
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
should mention that I had not looked properly at the RLM website (doing too many things at once is my defence for being thick) the podcasts are up there in the archives section, and they plan to do it again this year, as well as playing the entire 07 LM coverage in December I think. The commentator just mentioned this when they answered my question, nice to know they actually do read the emails one sends.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 07:57 (Ref:1937530)   #60
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
Hindy has a habit of reading out every email he recieves while on air, means you can have some fun with him...
Old 17 Jun 2007, 11:56 (Ref:1939784)   #61
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Has anyone else had problems with the picture quality from MotorsTV? I suspect it's more likely to be something to do with the transponder thingy on my aerial, but yesterday the picture kept disappearing and I was getting messages like No Satellite Signal Is Being Received or even There Is a Problem with this Channel, Please Try Later!

The strange thing is the picture is fine today. Even yesterday I was getting clear reception on other channels.

Whatever, congratulations and thanks to Motors for truly amazing coverage of the whole week's action.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 12:08 (Ref:1939796)   #62
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
No problems.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 12:16 (Ref:1939812)   #63
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Whatever, congratulations and thanks to Motors for truly amazing coverage of the whole week's action.

Great job guys and girls. Some great guests as well - just listening to Jacky Ickx right now
Old 17 Jun 2007, 14:45 (Ref:1939951)   #64
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
Amazing coverage by Motors and their forums were a very entertaining way to survive the race, especially the night hours! Hope someone has forced Martin Haven to go to bed now!
Old 17 Jun 2007, 16:45 (Ref:1940002)   #65
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Indeed

And Martin, most impressed - hope you got sponsored for that - 26+ hours of non stop talking....done as much in one weekend as Allen does in a season (except one's appreciated ) - also not as hoarse as last year either - have you been having vocal coaching?

Thanks to the MotorsTV and RLM crew for a great, and real 24 hour race for those that, well, sat on their arse for the thing.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 19:54 (Ref:1940156)   #66
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed the excellent coverage and I must say that the team were superb in their support of Steve Tarrant once he'd been removed from post for "safety" reasons.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 20:23 (Ref:1940190)   #67
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just really echoing what others here have said, excellent coverage once again from Motors TV. Particularly nice to have Martin Haven and David Leslie still working together, to me they really are the voices of sportscar racing, having listened to them since around 2000 when FIA GT was still on Eurosport. Great work guys, looking forward to next year now!
Old 25 Jun 2007, 16:45 (Ref:1946471)   #68
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am late here, but congratulations to MotorsTV on a flawless job again this year. Here's to 2008!

Martin, I bow to your stamina levels.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 08:02 (Ref:1947007)   #69
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Oh Dear... do you not already download all the Radio Le Mans and ALMS podcasts, free from iTunes???

Hindhaugh WILL be diasppointed in you...
Old 26 Jun 2007, 08:04 (Ref:1947012)   #70
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocmonster7
Hindy has a habit of reading out every email he recieves while on air, means you can have some fun with him...
Hasn't received anything to date of the quality of the "Janet and John" episodes on Wogan's breakfast show ... but there's always time...
Old 26 Jun 2007, 08:59 (Ref:1947057)   #71
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
Hasn't received anything to date of the quality of the "Janet and John" episodes on Wogan's breakfast show ... but there's always time...

There were songs on the MotorsTV forum during Le Mans but then you probably don't want reminding of those.