Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 4 Jul 2010, 23:17 (Ref:2721957)   #26
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btcckid View Post
so how soon did you go and find the lap videos after watching tonights episode?...pretty crazy how many did within 5 miniutes of the clips been shown. ive found all 3, i think itd had been better if you found them before hand though
Yeah, I just did that!

Good episode tonight, just like Top Gear of a few seasons ago, just the right amount of stupid! Am pleased.
Old 5 Jul 2010, 00:51 (Ref:2721977)   #27
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes, back to laugh out loud funny in parts again. I liked it. SO much better than last week.
Old 5 Jul 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2722192)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Did anyone else think that the chances of the BBC leeting any of the guys drive cars at speed on the Autobahn before checking them over was unlikely, especially the hampster, or was all that crap with the german tester just for show.
The show is getting less and less believable, can we have more current stuff and less of these heavily scripted made for TV fairy stories.
Old 5 Jul 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2722249)   #29
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The show is getting less and less believable, can we have more current stuff and less of these heavily scripted made for TV fairy stories.
Sure, Fifth Gear is on Thursday nights at the mo

Personally thought it was a cracking episode.
Old 5 Jul 2010, 18:30 (Ref:2722291)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fifth gear? Is that still going?
Old 5 Jul 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2722300)   #31
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Fifth gear? Is that still going?
Hehe, they had a new series start recently if I remember rightly.

If you want more serious stuff, thats always there. For me though, Top Gear will always take priority
Old 5 Jul 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2722386)   #32
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Since when has Top Gear ever been believable? Episode 2 was briliant... anyone thinking otherwise should go for race around nurby in a reliant robin

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2725387)   #33
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Ep 3 then... anyone watch that instead of the football?

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 12:25 (Ref:2725419)   #34
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I did. Found it rather dull compared to episodes 1-2, which I thought were a return to form. The whole wedding thing was pretty stupid (the bride and groom obviously in the know) and not very funny IMO, Clarkson's trousers aside!
Old 12 Jul 2010, 21:51 (Ref:2725756)   #35
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Old 12 Jul 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2725779)   #36
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens needs to advertise the fact that he's faster than the Stig ^_^ I do like him, hope Williams get a bit better.
Old 13 Jul 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2726093)   #37
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly watched episode 3 instead of the footy, glad i did too, the World cup final seems to have been a bloodbath

Not the best episode so far it has to be said, however it is clear there is a return to form in this series, even some actual car reviews unlike the last series, still the right amount of dicking about too with the wedding bit.
Old 13 Jul 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2726177)   #38
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dunno, I need more explosions and cocking about.
Old 13 Jul 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2726277)   #39
Benny1664
Racer

Benny1664 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens maye have set the best lap out of the F1 drivers but they have changed the car havent they so how is it fair?

I cant believe that they were driving cars whilst using walkie talkies, how is that setting a good example?

After 3 episodes I think its just as bad as the last 2 series which have been more about the presenters than cars which is a real shame as I really used to enjoy Top Gear but now I just think its 3 blokes making prats of themselves!
Old 13 Jul 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2726278)   #40
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny1664 View Post
Rubens maye have set the best lap out of the F1 drivers but they have changed the car havent they so how is it fair?

I cant believe that they were driving cars whilst using walkie talkies, how is that setting a good example?

After 3 episodes I think its just as bad as the last 2 series which have been more about the presenters than cars which is a real shame as I really used to enjoy Top Gear but now I just think its 3 blokes making prats of themselves!
Top Gear, even at it's most sensible, fired scrap cars from a hydraulic cannon, raced an Aston Martin against a train to the south of France, and turned a Reliant Robin into a space shuttle. How is anything they have ever done related to 'setting a good example?'

And for Rubens they went back to the old car. He drove the Liana, which is the first reasonably priced car and the same one all the other F1 drivers have taken out.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 03:40 (Ref:2726382)   #41
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Top Gear, even at it's most sensible, fired scrap cars from a hydraulic cannon, raced an Aston Martin against a train to the south of France, and turned a Reliant Robin into a space shuttle. How is anything they have ever done related to 'setting a good example?'
And why should it be? We already have that the rest of the week for most of us(not me). TG is and should be about what you can do with cars and how much fun you can have with them. I love explosions, turning cars into boats, cheap car challenges across foreign countries, driving supercars to their top speed and so on.

I think if you are tuning into this show for consumer advice about whether to get the 1.9 diesel or the 1.8 petrol, you are in the wrong place. Lighten up, have some fun. Enjoy life and having fun with cars.

Sometimes I wonder about you brits. Spoil sports.

Who on here would not blast a reliant robin into the sky?
Who on here would not drive Stelvio Pass or the Transfagarian Road?
Who on here would not drive to the magnetic north pole?
Who on here would not drive a Bugatti Veyron at the VW proving grounds?
Old 14 Jul 2010, 04:36 (Ref:2726388)   #42
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
If you want serious, watch Fifth Gear.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2726617)   #43
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
If you want serious, watch Fifth Gear.

Exactly.

However i do find fifth gear a bit boring. Although Vikki Butler Henderson does have quite a nice bottom

Either way, Top Gear is easily the best in this country. Only Wheeler dealers on sky gets my other vote, MIke Brewer and Edd China.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2726637)   #44
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daz90 View Post
Exactly.

However i do find fifth gear a bit boring. Although Vikki Butler Henderson does have quite a nice bottom

Either way, Top Gear is easily the best in this country. Only Wheeler dealers on sky gets my other vote, MIke Brewer and Edd China.
Tiff's voice is excessively annoying.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2726655)   #45
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
And why should it be? We already have that the rest of the week for most of us(not me). TG is and should be about what you can do with cars and how much fun you can have with them. I love explosions, turning cars into boats, cheap car challenges across foreign countries, driving supercars to their top speed and so on.

I think if you are tuning into this show for consumer advice about whether to get the 1.9 diesel or the 1.8 petrol, you are in the wrong place. Lighten up, have some fun. Enjoy life and having fun with cars.

Sometimes I wonder about you brits. Spoil sports.

Who on here would not blast a reliant robin into the sky?
Who on here would not drive Stelvio Pass or the Transfagarian Road?
Who on here would not drive to the magnetic north pole?
Who on here would not drive a Bugatti Veyron at the VW proving grounds?
My thoughts exactly, and anyway Fifth Gear is there for the more serious among us.

Its entertainment, and thats why I watch it, not for consumer bloody advice.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2726676)   #46
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it had been a decent episode up until the wedding nonsense, which was so awful that I didn't even watch the last 10 minutes of the programme. And that is the first time I've ever done that.

They have shown in the past that they can make entertaining and informative films, so why they resort to such pathetic antics is beyond me. The cocking about is now predictable and not entertaining in the slightest.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2726683)   #47
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Quote:
And why should it be?
Which was exactly my point. I wasn't saying "and they bloody well SHOULD be setting a good example," merely highlighting the problem of someone complaining that they are not, as if their previous episodes have in some way led to the belief that they do.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2726691)   #48
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daz90 View Post
Ah THATS where I must be goign wrong.. I look at her face and I feel ill :P

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2728679)   #49
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Let the cries of "it's not as good as it used to be" begin
Quote:
...and anyone who does so can expect a bo*******g from me
Do your worst. I don't find it as funny as it used to be. In trying too hard to be funny, it's not as funny. I still like their epic road trips though, but the motorhome thing?
Old 18 Jul 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2728690)   #50
NeilB
Rookie

England
NeilB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, that's another hour of my life I won't get back...