Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 Jan 2002, 11:01 (Ref:199427)   #1
imull
Veteran

imull has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
goughnuts just nuts ?!?

I have just read in amazement that the performing of doughnuts is banned totally.

For me doughnuts are a traditional and superb way for drivers to celebrate. Fair enough at each rally it may be a bit over the top but for instance, Colin McRae when he won the championship.

How can they ban such an integral part of motorsport...
Old 16 Jan 2002, 12:09 (Ref:199453)   #2
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doughnuts have actually being banned for a few years now, in fact the last such celebration I can remember seeing was Colin McRae on winning the World Title in '95.

One aspect of the FIA ruling that I find amusing is that doughnuts are not allowed before, during or after stages / events. Somehow I don't see a great problem with the first two, unless someone's got a really radical way to warm their tyres up......

I think where space & safety considerations allow then such a celebration at the end of an event is fine. There's nothing like seeing a World Rally car performing doughnuts - as we saw at the Autosport Show last weekend!!!!
Old 16 Jan 2002, 15:43 (Ref:199544)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SJ Spode
Somehow I don't see a great problem with the first two, unless someone's got a really radical way to warm their tyres up......
Who knows, maybe a new idea!

I really see nothing wrong with doughnuts either if, as you say, space and safety considerations allow. The FIA obviously sees it differently. The great Alex Zanardi would do them anyway, and rather pay the fine that he knew he would get.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 10:23 (Ref:200027)   #4
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just trying to remember how long ago it was, couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years though, that a special area was set aside for the rally winner to do some doughnuts (donuts for the americans).