Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Aug 2010, 06:48 (Ref:2738593)   #201
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Austria borders Hungary, however RBR happened to be based in Milton Keynes, England and arose from the ashes of the Jaguar F1 team, so I think you'll find the majority if the team personel speak English. If the BBC can stream their web content to Europe then they may have heard the commentary.
I know where RBR has their workshops, but organisers play the Austrian and not the Milton Keynes anthem when they win...... And the way we get BBC-TV is directly through the cable...without any streaming whatsoever. (and for your information the BBC is already in Europe.....even when it is in the UK only)
Old 3 Aug 2010, 07:06 (Ref:2738600)   #202
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
I know where RBR has their workshops, but organisers play the Austrian and not the Milton Keynes anthem when they win...... And the way we get BBC-TV is directly through the cable...without any streaming whatsoever. (and for your information the BBC is already in Europe.....even when it is in the UK only)
They are Austrian owned, hence the Austrian national anthem; Milton Keynes hasn't been internationally recognized as an independent nation so playing of their anthem and that's taking into account whether it's even been composed or not, is immaterial.

I know that BBC broadcasts can be picked up in France, Belgium and Holland, so if they can reach Hungary then they could very well have heard the commentary.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2738620)   #203
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Milton Keynes hasn't been internationally recognized as an independent nation
Although you should be forced to have a passport to go there. Is that a mouse I hear roaring?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2738711)   #204
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Comment on the post race interview:

What the hell was Webber looking at his arms on the chair for?

Looking left, right, right, left - is one arm longer than the other?

Or

This chair would look good in my flat, wonder what padding its got? Foam? Hand stuffed? Nah, wouldn't be hand stuffed, everything's machine-made now.. must be foam. Must see if the boys can fit it in the back of the truck... Wait what's Seb saying 'bout me?
Old 3 Aug 2010, 15:38 (Ref:2738827)   #205
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Although you should be forced to have a passport to go there. Is that a mouse I hear roaring?
You must be as old as me! of course there should also be a Pimlico reference.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2739003)   #206
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I know that BBC broadcasts can be picked up in France, Belgium and Holland, so if they can reach Hungary then they could very well have heard the commentary.
you clearly live on an island
Old 16 Aug 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2745235)   #207
Schumiforeverever
Rookie

Schumiforeverever has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb View Post
boy just rewatched the Schummy-Barr incident. You know, to move someone over to the wall like that, with basically interlocked wheels only up until the pitwall ended allowing Barr to move more to the right, for me is a pretty good indication of the real character of a driver.
This was not a regular "pinching off" type situation in an more open corner where one driver is determined not to let the other one through, even if it means contact. The combo of contact, interlocked wheels and the wall all combined together to be a serious serious shunt---we all know that who saw it.

so for me, this really does show up a ruthlessness, but moreso , the lack of judgement that before he showed in less life threatening situations (Adelaide, Jerez, numerous start line choppings) but in this case something that could have been pretty darn ugly.

he's a smart guy, he knew what he was doing.
You said it so well,"he knew what he was doing"

In the past those kind of moves were pretty awesome, made by great drivers!
Senna did the same with Prost in Portugal.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2745288)   #208
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiforeverever View Post

Without wishing to reopen a subject that has already been done to death I have scarcely missed a televised F1 race in over 30 years (shows age) and never, ever have I seen anything as deliberately dangerous as the move in question. Even the infamous high speed take out of Prost by Senna in Japan didn't come close in terms of the likely consequences of the accident that we so nearly saw in Hungary.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2745326)   #209
Schumiforeverever
Rookie

Schumiforeverever has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Without wishing to reopen a subject that has already been done to death I have scarcely missed a televised F1 race in over 30 years (shows age) and never, ever have I seen anything as deliberately dangerous as the move in question. Even the infamous high speed take out of Prost by Senna in Japan didn't come close in terms of the likely consequences of the accident that we so nearly saw in Hungary.
Exaggeratted!!!

I gave the portuguese grand prix as an example not the japanese.

Barrichello tried to overtake in the wrong place that's it.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2745365)   #210
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
And I made a slightly different point by citing a different example, I think that's allowed. I am sure our opinions will not converge on this so feel free to have the last word as I'm not going to waste my time debating this with someone who, while entitled to their opinion, is also so obviously biased.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2745567)   #211
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Uuuuhhhhnnnn..... Yeah, Senna did and he was wrong, it doesn't make it right because he was a great driver... pretty much the contrary.

Following your logic every girl should be like Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan, just because they are er... "great".
Old 16 Aug 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2745570)   #212
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Exaggeratted!!!

I think you're OTT with your "exaggeratted"...

Barrichello tried to overtake in the wrong place... man, you have to re-make the whole history in the 25 years of the Hungarian Grand Prix to make such a statement !!! Amazing.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 13:20 (Ref:2745927)   #213
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Exactly my thoughts. Barrichello was stupid to try and overtake there. And by 'there' I mean 'in a gap next to Michael Schumacher'. Because of course Schumacher was going to try and ram him into the wall. He won 7 WDC with that kind of tactic, why should he stop now?

Had Michael just picked a line and stuck to it, and Rubens had gone for the gap anyway, both of them would have been hailed for brilliant driving and bravery. But he didn't, he pushed Rubens towards a concrete wall at 180mph just because he is stubborn and petulant.

Before that move I was actually wishing Schumacher well this season. I had got over my bitterness that I have held since Adelaide '94 and wished him well as he seemed like a laid back and decent guy. Then he goes and does this and reminds everyone why, despite winning the same number of titles as Senna and Prost combined, most people hold the latter in higher regard than him.